Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Twice I have someone stop me and asked if I was on the Dis. The first time I had on my Dis tshirt and the second time I had a lime green button with DIS written on it (Meriwether made it for me).

It was nice having a chat with fellow dis members.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
Momto8
Proud Grandma to Abigail, Iris, Heather, Emma, Gabrielle, Daniel, Stephen, Michael, Grace & Madelynn born 5-28-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia* View Post
Is wearing the lime green is the thing of the past? For those who has been here for some years now.. Do you remember about wearing or having some kind of lime green on you to show that you are from the DISboard so you can easily spot them to meet them at the parks or even at the resorts? I think there are few people who are going to be around the time we're going to be there.. and it would be nice if they come up to me or I come up to them and just introduce each other. How do you spot your fellow DIS, especially knowing that they will be there around the same time you are? Or people nowadays don't care about meeting other DIS members?
Yes, I remember wearing the lime green clothing or having something on you that was lime green. The LGMHs came later when someone discovered them at Home Depot. I know I got some one year, but no one ever came up to me. I also remember being on the AOL Disney boards before the Disboards, and I think we wore purple back then if I remember correctly. I tied a purple ribbon to my backpack or waist pack but that was back in the '90s.

POP 12/2014, AKV Jambo House 5/2014, POP 1/2014, US/IOA/WDW 5/2013, POP 1/2013, ASMo 8/2012, CBR 4/2012, SSR 2 BR Villa 12/2011, POP 5/2011, POP 10/2010, CBR 8/2010, POP 5/2010, POP 1/2010, POP 9/09, POP 9/08, POP 9/07, POP 9/06, POP/POR 6/05, ASM 12/04, POR 6/04, CBR/AKL 6/03, ASM 12/02, POR 6/02, RPR 7/02, USF/IOA 12/01, Dolphin 6/01, ASM 3/01, Dolphin 12/00, CSR 7/00, ASMo 12/99, BWI 6/99, DXL 12/98, ASM 12/98, YC 6/98, DXL 6/97, ASM 7/96, Offsite 8/95, 3/85, 5/79, FW 4/75, DL 8/64
Momto8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesbiggiestfan View Post
I'm not far from you either. Good ole Lexington ky.
Was just talking abt. a trip to Keeneland at dinner last night. Much nicer than Churchhill Downs.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Hey BearcatsFan! I live in Cincinnati too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesbiggiestfan View Post
I'm not far from you either. Good ole Lexington ky.
Hey neighbors! Will any of us be at WDW at the same time?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #20
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I seldom stop when I see the LGMH anymore. While I got many nice responses from people, I also got more than a few not so nice responses. The way I figure it is if you tie a LGMH onto your backpack, you should probably expect strangers to come up to you and chat!!! So, why be nasty when someone does just that??? Yep, had that experience more than once. So now? I just keep to myself.
Sorry that happended to you. I have had many nice DISers say hi to me because of my LGMH. We talked briefly and enjoyed it. Not sure why someone would bother having a LGMH, if they didn't want to say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover View Post
I bet my Home Depot would have wished that I only picked up 8 at a time!!!!
Hahaha!

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #21
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
I had my LGMH on my backpack and only had one person asked me about it. It was not the LGMH that cought her attention but becuse she was a fellow Canadian and the maple leaf I put on it. When I explained to her about the DIS and the LGMH's she told me she was on the Dis boards all the time and never heard about the LGMHs.

This year I plan to add the Dis Boards logo to my Mickey head and I'll pin one on my hat with all my other Disney pins.
Good idea! I'll make a homemade lime green mickey head and I will put "DIS" on it and have my screen name "*Fantasia*" on it as well.. I will have it on my backpack and I will also have it around my side belt loop and let it dangle a little.. so they can see it from the back and the front. Hopefully someone from the DIS will come up to me so we can introduce ourselves.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
2kidsForMe
Dreams of being a Guest without a Bag

I'll be there next week, and I will have a LGMH on my backpack. It will be just me and the kids, and I would love to say have a chat with any fellow Dis members!

Nov "13 Pop & ASSP/Aug '13 POR/July '13 ASMo/April '13 Aulani/Nov '12 CSR/Jun '12 poly/Feb '12 DLR/Aug '11 CBR & Pop/Jan '11 ASMu/Aug '10 ASMu/Jan '10 FW/Aug '09 FW/Jan '09 ASMu/Aug '08 CSR/Feb '08 offsite/Aug '08 POR/April '08 FW/Oct '07 FW/May '05 WL/Dec '04 & 11/03 offsite/Nov '01 DTD/Aug '99 EuroDisney
2kidsForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I seldom stop when I see the LGMH anymore. While I got many nice responses from people, I also got more than a few not so nice responses. The way I figure it is if you tie a LGMH onto your backpack, you should probably expect strangers to come up to you and chat!!! So, why be nasty when someone does just that??? Yep, had that experience more than once. So now? I just keep to myself.
I had a somewhat similar experience. I went solo in 2009 for the Tower of Terror 13K. Some nice people on the Events/Competition subforum of the WISH forum told me to say Hi and run with them if I wanted. They said just talk with anyone in the WISH shirts. Well, the WISHers were in a circle and grouped, and I tried talking to several. The ones I talked to before the race and the one during the race were rather rude. One was rather nasty, as in how dare you talk to me, complete stranger! So I never tried to talk to WISHers again. Just run solo.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
*Fantasia*
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
I had a somewhat similar experience. I went solo in 2009 for the Tower of Terror 13K. Some nice people on the Events/Competition subforum of the WISH forum told me to say Hi and run with them if I wanted. They said just talk with anyone in the WISH shirts. Well, the WISHers were in a circle and grouped, and I tried talking to several. The ones I talked to before the race and the one during the race were rather rude. One was rather nasty, as in how dare you talk to me, complete stranger! So I never tried to talk to WISHers again. Just run solo.
Oh.. that's terrible. I guess they only recognize their own "cliques".
I'll make sure to avoid them. Oh.. I think I will put on my lime green mickey head-- "I'm friendly!" This way they know that I am not a b!%$h to talk to.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #25
Claudia Kellenberger
DIS Veteran

I always wear about 6 of those Home Depot Mickey Heads at the same time. I put them all over my fanny pack, dangled with little key chains.
On an average 7 days in the parks, I run into about 2 DIS'ers per vacation.

Of course, I ran into a WHOLE LOT more DIS'ers when we had the party over at Toy Story Mania Ride !!!

What a wonderful time that was !!!!

I swear I was drunk with JOY !!!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
MelissathePooh
Disney Regular

Its kind of funny, Fantasia, DR and I were just talking about how much things have changed at WDW and on the boards and we started remembering some of the old group (you, PeterPirate, WaltsFrozenHead, Landbaron, Chad, Greg, Planogirl, OnWithTheShow). We go through phases now of reading/posting with months between visits. I saw PeterPirate on the boards no too long ago and Planogirl is still active, but we've lost touch with most of the others. Seriously though - we had just mentioned you and I saw you on here about a week later.

I'll usually get more active here when we're getting close to a trip of after we get back, but we don't do meets or anything. We don't signal ourselves at all and don't seek out anyone else. We've met a couple of folks through the Star Wars Weekends threads, but its more for Star Wars.

As for the DIS, this old grey mare ain't what she used to be

While Eeyore frets and Piglet hesitates and Rabbit calculates and Owl pontificates, Pooh just is.
MelissathePooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
Dreaming~of~Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Hey BearcatsFan! I live in Cincinnati too!
Me too!
Too many trips to count before I got married, Disney Honeymoon 1996 and many more trips before kids
Cruise on the Disney Magic Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2002 with our son
Our first family vacation to WDW Sept. 1-7, 2007 All Star Music
Our second family vacation to WDW Sept. 18-26, 2009 Pop Century
Our third family vacation to WDW Aug. 18-21, 2012 Art of Animation~Lion King Courtyard
Our fourth family vacation to WDW Aug. 12-17, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside~Royal Guest Room
Our fifth family vacation to WDW Dec. 20-26, 2013 Pop Century Merry Christmas!!!
Our sixth family vacation to WDW Dec. 17-26, 2014 Pop Century We are taking extended family this time! Merry Christmas!!!
Dreaming~of~Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #28
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is so jank!

Ha! If ever you and I are there at the same time, please stop me .... I will gladly stop for a quick chat
Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
Celidh
DIS Veteran

We had our LGMH on our back pack last year and nobody said hi nor did we notice any others around. It was during FD so I'm sure there were lots of DISers there! LOL

I agree with some of the pp, if you don't want anyone to speak to you, then don't advertise you are on here. To me, that is the reason to put your LGMH in sight, to be noticed. I would be glad to chat to anyone who introduced themselves and I would also presume that one wanted me to say hi if I saw theirs.

Oh well, people are weird.

Celidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #30
*Fantasia*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissathePooh View Post
Its kind of funny, Fantasia, DR and I were just talking about how much things have changed at WDW and on the boards and we started remembering some of the old group (you, PeterPirate, WaltsFrozenHead, Landbaron, Chad, Greg, Planogirl, OnWithTheShow). We go through phases now of reading/posting with months between visits. I saw PeterPirate on the boards no too long ago and Planogirl is still active, but we've lost touch with most of the others. Seriously though - we had just mentioned you and I saw you on here about a week later.

I'll usually get more active here when we're getting close to a trip of after we get back, but we don't do meets or anything. We don't signal ourselves at all and don't seek out anyone else. We've met a couple of folks through the Star Wars Weekends threads, but its more for Star Wars.

As for the DIS, this old grey mare ain't what she used to be
Hi Melissa! I just started to post again because I am planning a trip next year. But.. I may be able to squeeze a quick budget trip this August. It has been a long time since I was active here.. you know a daily DISer. Since I didn't have any trip planned since 2005, I kind of totally abandoned the DIS. It was too painful to see folks taking their trips while I can't. So I stayed away for long time. But... I'm back!!

Things sure has changed over the years.. I'm so glad that the old timers like you and me are still here! (occasionally when we have trips coming)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: