Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Disney Dozen Trip Planning

I've spent the last year planning our next trip to the land of The Mouse; as last year was the 1st in ages we didn't holiday in Florida. Now I'm at the 'nothing left to plan' stage I was wondering what to do with my spare time, so I thought I'd write a Pre Trip Report as I'm determined to write a live trip report this year. I always enjoy reading others so I hope you'll enjoy mine .

Anyway in October this year we are going on holiday with the dear friends who have holidayed in Florida for over 20 years, and gave us loads of advise and introduced us to 'The Brit Guide' etc for our 'Once in a Lifetime' trip back in 2001. You know the rest; like a lot of other people we enjoyed it so much we just kept going back. It'll probably be our last big family holiday for a while as DS is now 19 & DD will be 17 when we go, so not sure how much longer they'll want to holiday with Mum & Dad, or for that matter when we'll next afford at, as by next year we'll have them both at Uni (if exams go well etc).

I'll introduce you to the crew;

Myself, Shazzie B Forty something!
DH, Gaz Forty something too -and it has to be stressed older than me
DS, Alex 19 & DD, Tori 16 (17 when we go)

Our dear friends
Baz, he wouldn't like me to disclose his age
Jacq, younger than Baz!!!

And their children
Alex, Rachael, Carl & James. Rachel's BF Tiz & Carl's GF Alex (yes 3 Alexs) All in their 20s/early 30s.

So quite a crowd, but 12s a good number, splits nicely into pairs, threes & fours for sitting on rides

So after we decided that October 2012 would be the date, the planning commenced.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Last edited by Shazzie B; 06-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: