Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.57%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 92 29.77%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.71%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 21 6.80%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.24%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 77 24.92%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #181
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Lazy last sea day morn

While Sis slept in, Mom went to the sun deck for some reading in the shade by Satellite Falls, Dad parked himself infront of the tv with a view out the verandah, and I snuck in the one bedroom suite's masterbath to use the jacuzzi bath!

The flowers from the vow renewal are still looking good.

In the bathroom...

hot tub time

watching tv in the jacuzzi

jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #182
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

And out on the sun deck...

Satellite Falls had a magnetic pull on me it seemed.

In the Satellite Falls

I thought this was the best idea for this space. I loved it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #183
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Back to the room to check on Sis

I remember someone asked for a photo of the verandahs - sorry i didn't find these sooner...

Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #184
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Pretty Pictures

The ship is full of great concept art covering the whole history of Disney - you never know what will be on the wall around the corner or on the next landing.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #185
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Breakfast anyone?

This means Enchanted Garden

Sis is ready to join me for breakfast and we're both hungry so the buffet in Enchanted Garden is our plan.

I worked up an appetite being lazy this morning!

Sis mentioned she got a Mickey waffle. She didn't mention but we also ordered hot chocolate from our server and that hit the spot as well. The best on my plate was the ham and cheese croissant - they had just put a tray of them out fresh and they were warm and fresh.

table cloth

love these chairbacks
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #186
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

After Breakfast

Sis went back to bed and I went to.. wait for it... wait for it..

you guessed it

Well I wanted to check on mom. She seemed to have the shaded area all to herself.

You know if they had the yoga and abs class out here in the morning we'd have more room and it would be more enjoyable then in the tiny tiny gym.

Such a beautiful day to be at sea

here's a snap of the concierge towels and water you can get in the concierge sun deck area

Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #187
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

great trip report!!!!

why did you go to cabanas first, rather than to the concierge lounge?

i'm taking my mom (85) and sister (62) on the Dream in October.
They've never been on a disney cruise - my mom has never been on a cruise at all and sis was on RCCL once with her family and totally hated it.

So i'm very nervous about showing them a really good time on the Dream.
We'll be in a concierge 1 bedroom suite.

I thought that people go straight to the concierge lounge when they board.

Is that the wrong thing to do?
Is it better to go to eat first?
is Cabanas better than EG?

worry worry worry - i am totally stressing out about this.

(by the way, i was on the wonder twice with my family - dh, dd, ds - many years ago)
Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #188
speedo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
great trip report!!!!

why did you go to cabanas first, rather than to the concierge lounge?

i'm taking my mom (85) and sister (62) on the Dream in October.
They've never been on a disney cruise - my mom has never been on a cruise at all and sis was on RCCL once with her family and totally hated it.

So i'm very nervous about showing them a really good time on the Dream.
We'll be in a concierge 1 bedroom suite.

I thought that people go straight to the concierge lounge when they board.

Is that the wrong thing to do?
Is it better to go to eat first?
is Cabanas better than EG?

worry worry worry - i am totally stressing out about this.

(by the way, i was on the wonder twice with my family - dh, dd, ds - many years ago)
I can understand the worry! I was really worried about planning this one for my parents!

I think most go to the concierge lounge first because that is where they direct you. But with only three concierge it can be a wait. There is food but it is more like small sandwiches - more like appetizers in my opinion. It would be fine if you are not so hungry and just looking for a light lunch. But Cabanas has a full buffet. If you are at the port early (which I recommend) and are hungry for a big lunch go to Cabanas first. It will be empty that early. We chose Cabanas because of the view from the top of the ship. I am sure Enchanted Gardens has a nice buffet also. I enjoyed their breakfast buffet.
speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #189
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

We had an early morning and not really a breakfast so we were hungry when we boarded. I like the view and a fresh buffet and since most people go to EG when they board, Cabanas was our first destination. It is a bit of a walk to the back of the ship but no lines.

I liked having lunch and then going to the Concierge Lounge. They were very busy when we arrived but we were able be lead by a room steward to go into our rooms and drop off our stuff and then come back and have a glass of champagne, while we waited to meet our concierge and to hear all that we can schedule if we haven't already (they have spa girls there and Remy/Palo staff to make reservations as well).
Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #190
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Lunch time

Since Sis is sleeping and I like the smell of the Elimir products, I shower in the spa locker room again.

I pick up a couple sandwiches in the lounge to take back to the stateroom for Sis and me.

Sis is like, uh thanks but i'd rather have chicken fingers. So off to the 11th deck I go.

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #191
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Afternoon Adventures

Sis and I next went to the talk from a Disney Imagineer who has worked on the new Art of Animation hotel.

This was the only time we went to the movie theater this trip - it was very comfortable. The night we watched the Avengers it was in the main theater.

and then we stopped to see our photos from the trip so far. Each stateroom has a binder and your key card can be scanned and will tell you where to look to find your book - ours was in Pluto.

Then we met mom for the Anyone Can Cook cooking class with Remy chefs

Old 06-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #192
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

More Anyone Can Cook

you get a small glass of wine paired with the dish - this time the lobster ravioli I had one night at dinner in Enchanted Garden. You also get a ravioli after the dimenstration but we had to run to tea at Palo - I hate to drink and run but...

Old 06-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #193
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo View Post
I can understand the worry! I was really worried about planning this one for my parents!

I think most go to the concierge lounge first because that is where they direct you. But with only three concierge it can be a wait. There is food but it is more like small sandwiches - more like appetizers in my opinion. It would be fine if you are not so hungry and just looking for a light lunch. But Cabanas has a full buffet. If you are at the port early (which I recommend) and are hungry for a big lunch go to Cabanas first. It will be empty that early. We chose Cabanas because of the view from the top of the ship. I am sure Enchanted Gardens has a nice buffet also. I enjoyed their breakfast buffet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
We had an early morning and not really a breakfast so we were hungry when we boarded. I like the view and a fresh buffet and since most people go to EG when they board, Cabanas was our first destination. It is a bit of a walk to the back of the ship but no lines.

I liked having lunch and then going to the Concierge Lounge. They were very busy when we arrived but we were able be lead by a room steward to go into our rooms and drop off our stuff and then come back and have a glass of champagne, while we waited to meet our concierge and to hear all that we can schedule if we haven't already (they have spa girls there and Remy/Palo staff to make reservations as well).
thanks for the response!
sounds like a really good idea!!
i'm sure we'll be starving by that point!!
we'll probably just grab coffee and a croissant or something like that before we head for Port Canaveral (from WDW), so i'm sure we'll be in the mood for 'real' food....

on the other hand, my mom and sister aren't that mobile (i'm renting a wheelchair for my mom, just in case)...
so it might be easier if we get rid of our carry ons first....and i assume the rooms won't be ready for a while...
hmmmm.....

i hate being the planner for this...
and the cost is so exhorbitant, i'm hoping they're not disappointed...(and of course i've been raving about DCL for years!!)

we're only going on a 4 day on the dream (that's all the time they could spare - plus i don't think my sister should be on a ship longer than that with her ovarian cancer)...

i reserve everything this coming friday night (our booking window opens)..
i'm planning on trying for a cabana on castaway cay, plus dinner at Remy, brunch at Palo, manicures for the 2 of them, and i think that's all i have planned so far...

thanks so much for taking the time to share all your beautiful pictures..
i know you were on the fantasy, but there are enough similarities to make it very very useful for our cruise....and in any case, i just love looking at the ship....maybe i'll get onto the fantasy one day too!!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #194
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Beth - they'll love it and will appreciate all your hard work and planning. You'll love Remy and Palo brunch - my two favorites!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #195
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Palo Tea

List of teas

Marianne from Denmark, who was on the Magic for years, was our server. She remembered mom from her dinner after their vow renewal. She remembered mom's fascinator and she is engaged to a bartender who worked with her on the Magic as well that is on the Fantasy and works in the crew bar. At the end of the cruise we gave Marianne that fascinator she liked so much and also some of the little "just married" etc things we had gotten to decorate mom and dad's room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: