Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #181
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I well remember that pix of 2009 !!! As I recall a bunch of drunken Norwegians were there and they were quite handsome !! I also remeber a certain pix of Kara
ITSK!!!!! that's where it all began....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

It looks like Cinco de Drinko de Drinko de Mayo was a huge success! So fun to see all you ladies together - I am wondering if you will even REMEMBER the cruise! Looking forward to more!
Who went on a cruise and why was I not invited????

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #182
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
Thanks for the pics ellen, especially that one of Kara.
So is she the......"Fun One" of your group.
It looks to me you all like to have fun!
I think I have you all straight now. Just don't give me any tests.
I'm looking forward to when the cruise begins.
That should be awesome!
Why yes, yes she is? They'd all be sipping sweet tea and grumping along if it weren't for ME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
This picture is fantastic! It's always so hard to take a picture of a group or people without it looking like everyone just standing in a line. This is great.

BTW, I noticed Kara has a large camera on her shoulder and I know some of you other girls do too. Here's my question - when you go on rides, what do you do with it? I'd sooooo much rather just carry my camera and not the bag but I feel like I need to put it in the padded camera bag when we ride.
I usually carry a VB backsack and I just stick it in there and strap the bag over my knee and tuck it behind my leg (on things like RnR or ToT). For simple rides I just hold it or leave it around my neck.... I've gotten pretty laid back about my camera and I think it knows its limits. Kinda like, "oh, better hold on tight, she's taking me on a ride again!!!" What? I'm the only one whose camera talks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Ummmm.... so, how do I sign up for DISmoms 5?!
The current wait list is out to 2024. We'll add your name....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I love your TR's. How did I miss the start of this TR? Oh yeah, we were at BLT/VWL when you started. Forgive me.

Explain why the sign is needed? Do they think someone will stick their head under the spigot and drink? No, no, no...I only did that once way back in my misguided youth when I was only 54 years old...I'm a semi-mature 56 now.

Hmmmm...the handsome waiter seems to be a common occurence in a lot of your TR's.

Okay, I'm finally caught up with this TR. Fantastic as usual. I have graciously avoided commenting on the many talented tongues referenced in previous posts. But now that I'm properly motivated, I can go post a few pages to my TR from our trip 2 weeks ago. Wait, is that considered a comment?
Yes, we do like our handsome waiters. Heck, we even like our cute FEMALE waiters and bartenders (that is foreshadowing...... )

And I'm so sorry I did not see that sign the first time. Maybe that's why they had to add it after I helped myself????

Not only is that a quote, but it's a shamless plug for YOUR TR!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
This is just a great picture of you all! Thanks so much for sharing all your good times with us.
It helps us to relive it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That is a really nice shot of all of you! Can't wait to hear more!!!!
We are some hot chicks, huh?????

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #183
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Kara - are you really afraid of elevators, or just everyone's tongue talents?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #184
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Good - I got caught up on this TR before you guys got to the boat. Looks like you had a good start to the trip. I so wanted to try a Jalapeno Rita when we were at Epcot last week but I was so tired I am sure it would have knocked me out.

Ellen - Thanks for the great photos of AKV. We just finally took the plunge and joined DVC on the Magic last week and AKV is our home. I can't wait to stay there next summer.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #185
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=karajeboo;45170830]

Hey, I just checked my calendar. I'm free that year!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #186
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

[QUOTE=papertraveller;45174357]
Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Me too!! See everyone then
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #187
burly
DIS Veteran

All
Caught
Up.

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #188
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
The waiter looks like he is looking in Kara's hair for bugs or something.

kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
perfect dates too the boys dont go back to school the next week. (hate their schedual a man with no kids must have made it LOL) we will probably go on Friday then, spend Sat in DTD, unless Sat and Sun work better to meet up with you gals! Im so excited!

aww I have a friend just like that. its so awesome!

on my way over there next!

perfect I get to meet you too then woohoO!!! need to update my ticker then!
Yeah! I feel a West Coast Dis Meet coming on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Yup!

I am sure you will both love it, Karin!

Done! I have been reading along, but at night when I can't post (the typing wakes Pods up) and I always forget to return in the morning to comment. Sorry Tammie!

It's all good. I can't type in bed with Jim sleeping, either! Lately I've been up so early in the trailer that I can't stay up late to DIS!

I hope so- I am a little worried about it all being super crowded, so we shall see how it goes....
Yes, it might be - especially on the weekend. The last week in Aug it really clears out. Sometimes it is quieter in the evenings - cooler too!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #189
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Enjoying another DISmoms TR!

Cammie - don't know if you remember me but I posted on a couple of your TR's. Saw your sig and just wanted to say so sorry to hear about Amanda.

Ellen - great new sig pic of your 3 boys

So...everyone wants to be a DISmom and there's a long waiting list! Too funny! Maybe I'll run into one or more of you ladies at some point. I have an AP till Jan. 2013 and hope to get in at least one more trip before it expires and of course hopefully renew! Ran into NIKIlovesWDW back in Feb!

Looks like you had a great time as usual. Can't wait to hear more!

Cathy
Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #190
karajeboo

It's TRUE! After meeting the practically perfect Mary, we made our way to one of our favorite watering holes in Epcot....

Rose and Crown....

And fwiw, I think this is Mary's favorite watering hole, too. I can just picture her hiking up her skirts, unlacing those boots and dancing on some tables.... just sayin.....

As for those Florida Gators who were having fun with my camera? I think they are still used to flash cubes and rolling the lever to the next photo..... I'm not a Gator fan in case you couldn't tell.....

After a drink in the UK, it was back to the Beach Club for a bit of bubbly.....

After all, a toast was in order as we were beginning DISmoms 4! Can you believe it's been FOUR straight years of this???? I feel so blessed to have been in all of the DISmoms trips (including NEXT year!!!!), despite always telling my Jeff that "I'll start going every other year."

Back on BCV, we pulled out the fancy champagne glasses....

....and toasted to yet another great trip!!!!

I was not very happy with Lonnie for not cruising with us.

But I forgave her since I learned of her Kate Winslet phobia.....

Or was it Leo? Oh that's right..... the swimming pool innertube incident.

Cammie was NOT happy when we told her that SHE had to do the dishes!!!!

Soon we were heading back to the park for Cinco de Mayo dinner....

San Angel Inn here we come!!!!

Tequila? Te-kill-ya!!!!!! No tequila shooters for me!

But thank you very much for asking, Hilda!

I'll just stick to one of these.....

My Drinko de Mayo buddies......

Last edited by karajeboo; 06-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #191
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Well Cheers! Or whatever they say in Spanish! Looks like you have the routine down - drink a little - walk a little - drink a little more.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #192
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ITSK!!!!! that's where it all began....

Oh Yes and I remember how Ellen plastered it all over the Dis !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #193
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Are you now sure Ellen isn't an axe murderer !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #194
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oh No! Slippin to the bottom of the page - that is just not right.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #195
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Good - I got caught up on this TR before you guys got to the boat. Looks like you had a good start to the trip. I so wanted to try a Jalapeno Rita when we were at Epcot last week but I was so tired I am sure it would have knocked me out.

Ellen - Thanks for the great photos of AKV. We just finally took the plunge and joined DVC on the Magic last week and AKV is our home. I can't wait to stay there next summer.
Welcome HOME!! We had our first AKV stay prior to our first Magic cruise- we love it! Well, I guess that's obvious! I hope you will, too-

[QUOTE=papertraveller;45174357]
Quote:

[QUOTE=stinksmom;45179037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post

Me too!! See everyone then
Excellent! I'm free that year too! See ya then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
All
Caught
Up.

KIM
Hi Kim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

Yeah! I feel a West Coast Dis Meet coming on!

Yes, it might be - especially on the weekend. The last week in Aug it really clears out. Sometimes it is quieter in the evenings - cooler too!
Well, I guess it is what it is-it would be great to meet you, crowds or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Enjoying another DISmoms TR!

Cammie - don't know if you remember me but I posted on a couple of your TR's. Saw your sig and just wanted to say so sorry to hear about Amanda.

Ellen - great new sig pic of your 3 boys

So...everyone wants to be a DISmom and there's a long waiting list! Too funny! Maybe I'll run into one or more of you ladies at some point. I have an AP till Jan. 2013 and hope to get in at least one more trip before it expires and of course hopefully renew! Ran into NIKIlovesWDW back in Feb!

Looks like you had a great time as usual. Can't wait to hear more!

Cathy
Thanks for the compliment on my boys' new pic! It was taken on Easter. Isn't Nikki so nice? I'm hoping to see her again, soon. But for us it will be here in NJ- or possibly NYC so we can see Brooke! I'll be in WDW at the beginning of Nov again, so let me know if that's when you go-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: