DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
mupt02
Mouseketeer

Do you usually book at 11 months?

Do you usually book at 11 months even if you are planning on a different resort at 7 months? We are hoping to stay at AKV next May/June in a 1 (possibly 2) bedroom savanna view. I cannot book that resort until December. What are the chances of that being available? Should I book my home resort (BLT) in the next few weeks or would I be safe waiting until December for what I want?
mupt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

What does it cost you to book BLT first? AKV is a large resort so there will probably be availability but book BLT just in case.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
DenLo
DIS Veteran

As long as we don't have to borrow points, we book our home resort at the 11 mo mark. I would just make a reservation for less nights v ersus borrowing. BLT has a higher rate per night than most of the other DVC points so it might take more points to stay there than the resort you'll switch to at the 7 mo mark. It just makes me feel more secure knowing I'm guaranteed to stay somewhere.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

We always book our home resort so we have a place to stay....if we want to and are able to,change we do....if its not available we've had luck using the wait list
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I usually only book at 11 months once a year. Last year we did switch at 7 months. The other visits we just wing it and take what's available.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

We also book at 11 months whenever possible (quiet often/most of the time).

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
alice99
DIS Veteran

I never book at 11 months, I am a 2 month out person.

Therefore.... I never end up in my home resort (BLT) .... but love OKW now!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

We always book our new year's eve trip at 11 months because that's our for sure time to travel every year and rooms go fast for those nights. The rest of the trips, we just book as we decide to go and have always been able to get a room/resort we're happy with. If you know you're going for sure, I would go ahead and book home resort.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
FigmentLady
Mouseketeer

I always book at 11 months even though my home is SSR, I can't stand the idea that I might not have a place to stay.

1985-2000 MANY off site trips. NYE 2008-Jan 09 - All Star Movies Sept 2009 - SSR Sept 2010 - POP March 2011 - OKW
My first trip report-Anniversary/1st dvc stay @OKW
FigmentLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #10
staceymay00
DIS Veteran

It depends. I definitely book at 11 months if staying on site in a DVC villa is a priority. This past Thanksgiving I knew I wanted to stay somewhere on site using DVC points, so I booked at 11 months. At 7 months I wait listed a different resort and it never came through, which is fine because we love OKW and would never feel like we were "stuck" staying there. I booked our next upcoming trip at 11 months (no plans to switch), but we are planning a few nights over spring break next year and I am waiting until 7 months. I am confident I can find three nights somewhere to try a new resort, but if not we'll stay off site or go with a cash reservation. We do not have a surplus of points, I should add - we'll be borrowing for the spring break stay if we get something. If we needed to use points or lose them I would book at 11 months.
staceymay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

I'm in the always book you home resort at 11 months ans switch at 7 months camp.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

I have 3 homes and 2 of them (BWV & BLT) I own so that I can book the standard views to stretch my points. Both of those I use the 11 month window to secure standard rooms. I always book one of my homes (BWV) for my October visit at the 11 month window and when I've gone in December (early) I've always used the 11 month window. Other than needing a 1 bedroom standard view BLT room and booking 11 months out for that ALWAYS, I generally use the 7 month window for my January, April/May, August (when I go) trips. For my 7 month bookings the key is to be flexible in my choices. We do enjoy OKW a lot, so we are always happy where ever we end up.

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

When I want to stay at BWV, my home resort, I book at 11 months. Other resorts, I just wait until 7 months. I've never had a problem booking OKW or AKV in the May/June timeframe at 7 months and I've stayed at OKW many times and AKV twice.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

We always book at 11 months as well. For our one main summer trip, we own at the two resorts that we will be staying so for those trips, it makes sense.

But, even for others, we will always book home resort and then decide around the 7 month if we want to try somewhere else.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I don't book at 11 months when I know I will want to move. I usually have a few ideas of where or what kind of villas I want, so this has worked for me. Sometimes things are just clearer to me at 7 months!

I also like VB in January, and have been able to get in at 7 months, without using VB points.

The only exception is when I'm with others, us at BCV, others at BWV. It may not always happen in the future, but I've been able to move my guests over to BCV at 7 months,but I had them nearby in case it wasn't possible.

Bobbi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: