Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #406
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Oh lord this update...

Thank you, Queen of the Polynesian. That's all I can say. Thank you.

I love that CM! Seriously, it warms my heart. It's so great when they get into character like that.

Yay! Your castle pictures are amazing! I love this new camera!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #407
IadoreWDW
But why is the rum gone?

I hope Tigger warmed up with some Joey lunges before his jog!

WDW AsMu '97WDW AsMo '99WDW offsite '04WDW offsite '08 WDW offsite '10
WDW offsite '12

faithtrust&pixiedust
adreamisawishyourheartmakes

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #408
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I totally agree with you! I mean, Florida is nice and all but hello, Disney is the main attraction! I love the beach, but we have beaches so close to where we live, it really doesn't make sense to me to give up precious Disney time to visit a Florida beach! I mean, they seriously spent like 5 days on the beach and 2 at Disney. Sorry, but I will never understand people who can just lay on a beach all day during a vacation. I mean, relaxing for a few hours is one thing, but all day for several days? Just laying there? I guess I'm more of an adventure/explorer cause I want to go and see and do things! I wouldn't be able to sit still on the beach knowing Disney was waiting for me. I really hope I get to take my cousin soon so she can experience the full Disney obsessed fan experience.

hahahaha Dinosaur actually scares me a little! Well, not genuine FEAR, but when the Carnataurus roars in my face I always close my eyes!

Aww that is so cute! I love when the characters say stuff like that. I never thought of that, but it makes sense that Ariel and Eric would be afraid of pirates and warn people about them. Ahh I love Disney.
OMG that makes it so much worse that you have beaches close to you!! I could maybe, MAYBE see people where I live going for strictly beach vacations, but I live in Colorado. We have none anywhere near. But still...Disney is better! I'm with you on the exploring preference though because...ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!!

Lol we were screaming the WHOLE way, not just at the Carnataurus!! So fun. I love it. Such a fun ride!!

OMG you seriously just made my LIFE with your mention of B*Witched and C'est La Vie. Like I was allllllll about the 90's pop music, LOVE IT and yet somehow I forgot about them. I have no idea how. But I loved them. I mean, I was all about the boy bands. BSB is my one of my favorites to this day. But I also loved the groups like B*Witched, M2M, S Club 7, BBMak. The 90s were the days for great music. I stand by that. I love it, even if now I have to listen to it in secret. This Girls of the Dis group sounds amazing. Ladies after my own heart. So awesome.

I love your VIP seating in CHH too. I love how Disney makes even QS meals special!! DISNEY IS JUST THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

And yay for magical Dis friends blasting off with you before they go home. LOVE IT. Glad the witchcraft at least worked well enough for you guys to meet up and ride SM together.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #409
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

I love those statues by the castle!

Mickey mouse kids cone! WHAT? Why have I never heard of these before? Looks delicious and it's a good deal, wow! I must have one next month.

Peoplemovers is amazing. I miss the old spiel though too. Why change the good things?

I love Columbia Harbour House. Especially eating upstairs. You really had the royal treatment! I love that CM!!! Haha, keeping up with the theme. Classic.

Love when you say "stupid energy. stupid Judy". I love that phrase.

PS. I saw the Joey lunges episode on TBS the other night. I immediately thought of you and Toy Story Mania! Haha.
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #410
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OKAY so that CM is my new favorite. Get that EVIL object out of here! Hahaha that's amazing!

OMG. Girls of the Dis calendar. That may be (okay, IS) the greatest and most genius thing I've ever heard. I can't even imagine the MASS of people who would want one.

This update was so funny. Like, I can't even think of lame things to say about it.
haha I know! I hope he'll work there a long time cause I would love to talk to him again. It would be fun to have a longer convo with him speaking like it's really 1776.

Yes! You are so welcome to join in on our Girls of the DIS plans!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Well, that works too. We can have a Puppy TOT Bellhop and a Sorcerer Puppy and a Puppy Stacey that's just a total spazz...

Anyway, your update...

I always feel bad for the kids who get the kid's chicken nuggets. Those things look pretty pathetic. I wonder if it's a money-saving thing or if Disney found that kids just don't like the "adult" nuggets.

How did you not just drop everything and start making out with that CM? I don't care what he looks like, being that in-character is worthy of a trip to first base. Maybe even second.

God, our Girls of the DIS trip must happen. I forgot all about out "C'est La Vie" plans. Will we wear matching denim jackets/jeans like they do in the music video?

Your Beast's Castle/Cinderella Castle pics are amazing. That new camera does good work.
PUPPY STACEY? Oh my God. The thought of that is too much for me. I think I need to go into hypersleep.

OK I'm back. YES I will never buy my child the kid's chicken. Or anyone.

hahahahahahaha you're right. I need to start showing my appreciation for talented actors by making out with them instantly. THANK YOU.

Ahhh YES. The denim will have to have appliques on them though. Obviously.

Thank you! You helped me find that camera! haha. Honestly, it's a really good camera for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Oh lord this update...

Thank you, Queen of the Polynesian. That's all I can say. Thank you.

I love that CM! Seriously, it warms my heart. It's so great when they get into character like that.

Yay! Your castle pictures are amazing! I love this new camera!
You're quite welcome!!!!

Isn't it? If I worked at Disney I'd totally do the same thing!

Thank you! I lucked out with that camera. The only thing is, it runs on AA batteries instead of a camera battery that you just charge, which means the batteries run out pretty quickly. But that's the only problem I've encountered and it's not so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IadoreWDW View Post
I hope Tigger warmed up with some Joey lunges before his jog!

LOL!!!!!!!!! I hope so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
OMG that makes it so much worse that you have beaches close to you!! I could maybe, MAYBE see people where I live going for strictly beach vacations, but I live in Colorado. We have none anywhere near. But still...Disney is better! I'm with you on the exploring preference though because...ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!!

Lol we were screaming the WHOLE way, not just at the Carnataurus!! So fun. I love it. Such a fun ride!!

OMG you seriously just made my LIFE with your mention of B*Witched and C'est La Vie. Like I was allllllll about the 90's pop music, LOVE IT and yet somehow I forgot about them. I have no idea how. But I loved them. I mean, I was all about the boy bands. BSB is my one of my favorites to this day. But I also loved the groups like B*Witched, M2M, S Club 7, BBMak. The 90s were the days for great music. I stand by that. I love it, even if now I have to listen to it in secret. This Girls of the Dis group sounds amazing. Ladies after my own heart. So awesome.

I love your VIP seating in CHH too. I love how Disney makes even QS meals special!! DISNEY IS JUST THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

And yay for magical Dis friends blasting off with you before they go home. LOVE IT. Glad the witchcraft at least worked well enough for you guys to meet up and ride SM together.
I'm glad you agree! People just don't get the Disney obsession. My mom and I actually had an argument today. She thinks I'm too obsessed with Disney. And she LOVES it herself! But she says I'm too focused on it. Whatever! I think a lot of people expect us to at some point "grow up" a little and not stop loving Disney but I guess just be less obsessed and more into "real life" adult things... buuut that's just never gonna happen with me. I will be 90 sitting on an ECV watching the fireworks, hugging Mickey, crying as soon as I smell the Polynesian water smell, etc... just as excited to see it as my grandkids are. It's just who I am!

Me too. Actually I am STILL all about it, haha. I still listen to a lot of that stuff, in fact I was just listening to BSB on the train last night! I used to listen to M2M and S Club all the time. I remember seeing BBMak on tour when they opened for NSYNC too. Those were the days!!!! I still listen to all that cheesy pop. I don't care, I love it!

You're right! Even CS experiences always have something that stands out, Disney is just the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
I love those statues by the castle!

Mickey mouse kids cone! WHAT? Why have I never heard of these before? Looks delicious and it's a good deal, wow! I must have one next month.

Peoplemovers is amazing. I miss the old spiel though too. Why change the good things?

I love Columbia Harbour House. Especially eating upstairs. You really had the royal treatment! I love that CM!!! Haha, keeping up with the theme. Classic.

Love when you say "stupid energy. stupid Judy". I love that phrase.

PS. I saw the Joey lunges episode on TBS the other night. I immediately thought of you and Toy Story Mania! Haha.
Thanks!

Yes, definitely try the kid's cone next month!!! It's amazing and so well priced!!

I don't know why they had to change it. I don't think they understand how beloved their spiels are. If they ever change the "CAUSE THIS HERE'S THE WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!!" spiel I will riot.

So many people don't know that a lot of these places have an upstairs seating area, honestly I only knew from reading other TRs. It's nice to get away from all the activity of the park and just chill up there.

I love Universe of Energy! haha. I stay "Stupid Judy!" allll the time and no one ever gets it. Sigh.

hahahahaha I love that you thought of me! That is such an amazing episode.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #411
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

I just had to let you know how much I am adoring your TR! You are one funny chick! I was laughing so hard at your musings about the difference between Goofy and Pluto. My son and I had a similar conversation a couple of weeks ago. He said, "Mommy are you sure Goofy is a dog? I mean...Pluto is a dog, but he doesn't talk OR wear clothes and Goofy DOES." I told him that is an age-old question and we may never know the answer.

I also have to say that your writing is SOOO wonderful and entertaining. I have been having a tough few days, but your TR has given me something to smile about. Thank you so much and I can't wait to read more!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #412
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I'm glad you agree! People just don't get the Disney obsession. My mom and I actually had an argument today. She thinks I'm too obsessed with Disney. And she LOVES it herself! But she says I'm too focused on it. Whatever! I think a lot of people expect us to at some point "grow up" a little and not stop loving Disney but I guess just be less obsessed and more into "real life" adult things... buuut that's just never gonna happen with me. I will be 90 sitting on an ECV watching the fireworks, hugging Mickey, crying as soon as I smell the Polynesian water smell, etc... just as excited to see it as my grandkids are. It's just who I am!

Me too. Actually I am STILL all about it, haha. I still listen to a lot of that stuff, in fact I was just listening to BSB on the train last night! I used to listen to M2M and S Club all the time. I remember seeing BBMak on tour when they opened for NSYNC too. Those were the days!!!! I still listen to all that cheesy pop. I don't care, I love it!

You're right! Even CS experiences always have something that stands out, Disney is just the best.
I swear we were cut from the same fabric. People make so much fun of me ALL THE TIME for doing stuff like waiting in line at 9am on a Saturday morning waiting for the Disney Store to open or constantly, CONSTANTLY obsessing about it. But it's just so magical. I am currently unemployed and wondering which steps to take next in life and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to work at the new Disney Store. At first, my boyfriend was like "you're smart, you can do something that will use your brains more", but I don't want to use my brain, I want to use MY HEART!! I want to help kids now that the magic is real as long as they believe. They are princesses and pirates or whatever the heck they want to be! And you can still be a mature, smart, balanced individual without losing magical child-like qualities. Like seriously people? What's wrong with loving Disney and having so much focus on it? It's such a magical, great, incredible thing!

OMG who am I kidding? I am still into 90's pop too. Those were the days! Just hearing any of that brings me back to growing up...Disney was still there. I have such great memories of calling into Radio Disney ALL THE TIME and trying to win or whatever. I even talked to the A*Teens once on there! In it's own, even cheesier way...still loving that music is another way to hold on to the magic of my childhood!! I love it all. BSB was always, always, always my fav. They were my first concert and I went to see them the tour before they joined NKOTB. LOVE THEM. It's like my favorite thing in the world that I actually found a guy who also loves BSB. We seriously listen to the Millenium cd all the time. He doesn't love all 90's music, and is slowly coming around to Disney...but as long as we got BSB covered, I'm good!!

And...I would kill to be at a Disney CS place right now. Just anywhere in Disney really. I miss it so much!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Last edited by princess_momma; 06-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #413
princessmef14
Earning My Ears

So I first came across disboards.com a few days ago and came across this TR soon after that..At first I didn't think I would make an account because I didn't think I had much to say, but you've totally inspired me to become an official member!!!! I had no clue that there were other people out there who were just as obsessed with Disney as I am!
I've loved reading this TR and I can't wait to go back and read the one from your other trip! I would love to write my own but its been over a year since I've last been to Disney so I couldn't put all the detail into it that I would like. How do you remember everything you did on your trip?? Can't wait for the next update!

No trips planned

Grand Floridian '03, Saratoga Springs '06, '08, '10, Boardwalk '11
Old 06-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #414
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFranklin View Post
I just had to let you know how much I am adoring your TR! You are one funny chick! I was laughing so hard at your musings about the difference between Goofy and Pluto. My son and I had a similar conversation a couple of weeks ago. He said, "Mommy are you sure Goofy is a dog? I mean...Pluto is a dog, but he doesn't talk OR wear clothes and Goofy DOES." I told him that is an age-old question and we may never know the answer.

I also have to say that your writing is SOOO wonderful and entertaining. I have been having a tough few days, but your TR has given me something to smile about. Thank you so much and I can't wait to read more!
Yay! Thank you so much! Your son is a smart kid. I don't get it either... and I also just wonder in what world mice would not only be larger than dogs but keep them as pets... BUT I've learned not to question these things.

It's so nice to hear that I could brighten your day after things not going so well. I hope you had a good day today & that things are getting better! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I swear we were cut from the same fabric. People make so much fun of me ALL THE TIME for doing stuff like waiting in line at 9am on a Saturday morning waiting for the Disney Store to open or constantly, CONSTANTLY obsessing about it. But it's just so magical. I am currently unemployed and wondering which steps to take next in life and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to work at the new Disney Store. At first, my boyfriend was like "you're smart, you can do something that will use your brains more", but I don't want to use my brain, I want to use MY HEART!! I want to help kids now that the magic is real as long as they believe. They are princesses and pirates or whatever the heck they want to be! And you can still be a mature, smart, balanced individual without losing magical child-like qualities. Like seriously people? What's wrong with loving Disney and having so much focus on it? It's such a magical, great, incredible thing!

OMG who am I kidding? I am still into 90's pop too. Those were the days! Just hearing any of that brings me back to growing up...Disney was still there. I have such great memories of calling into Radio Disney ALL THE TIME and trying to win or whatever. I even talked to the A*Teens once on there! In it's own, even cheesier way...still loving that music is another way to hold on to the magic of my childhood!! I love it all. BSB was always, always, always my fav. They were my first concert and I went to see them the tour before they joined NKOTB. LOVE THEM. It's like my favorite thing in the world that I actually found a guy who also loves BSB. We seriously listen to the Millenium cd all the time. He doesn't love all 90's music, and is slowly coming around to Disney...but as long as we got BSB covered, I'm good!!

And...I would kill to be at a Disney CS place right now. Just anywhere in Disney really. I miss it so much!!
As usual, I agree with everything you said! I've been thinking about getting a part time job at the Disney Store as well, but I am hesitant b/c I feel like it will be torture to be surrounded by Disney things since I probably won't get to go to WDW at all this year and it's bothering me so much as it is. Or maybe I'm wrong and it would make me happy to be there. I don't know. We'll see.

OMG guess what I found yesterday? My old Hit Clips! Do you remember those?! If not, Google them. I found Britney "Baby One More Time", Backstreet Boys "The Call", and *NSYNC "Bringin' Da Noise". The funny thing is, I still listen to/love all these songs LOL! Especially Britney. That is sooo awesome that you found a guy who loves BSB! If you can't appreciate 90's pop and Disney, well, you're just not the guy for me. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmef14 View Post
So I first came across disboards.com a few days ago and came across this TR soon after that..At first I didn't think I would make an account because I didn't think I had much to say, but you've totally inspired me to become an official member!!!! I had no clue that there were other people out there who were just as obsessed with Disney as I am!
I've loved reading this TR and I can't wait to go back and read the one from your other trip! I would love to write my own but its been over a year since I've last been to Disney so I couldn't put all the detail into it that I would like. How do you remember everything you did on your trip?? Can't wait for the next update!
Wooohooo! I'm so happy I could inspire you to make an account!! TO THE DIS!!!!!!!!!!! You will NOT regret joining... I love this site and all my friends here so much. It's just such a wonderful place to thrive in your Disney obsession! haha

Thanks so much for all the kind words! I'm so happy you're enjoying my TR and I hope you'll go back and read my past one and enjoy it just as much! As for how I remember so many details, I have a freakishly good memory + I look back at my Twitter updates + I take a lot of pictures + I occasionally write notes on my BlackBerry. I know a lot of people on here keep Trip Journals and write out EVERY detail but I could never have the patience for that!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #415
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 9, 2011
Day 5, Part 4 In Which We Have Ourselves A Merry Little Christmas

We arrived back at Pop and I took a picture of our door, because I am an awesome Trip Reporter and I knew you were dying to see it:

I have absolutely no memory and no notes of what we did back at the room. I assume I watched Stacey in admiration, as usual, and what is more important to report on than that? Nothing. The answer is nothing.

Anyway, at some point we headed out for a night out on the town...

The town being Hollywood, of course.

It was almost time for the first Fantasmic! showing. Now, after the disaster that was getting to the Fantasmic theatre in 2010, I figured we'd skip the show on our next trip, but I just really felt like seeing it and so did my mom. Look, fireworks shoot out of Mickey's fingers, and that just never gets old. Luckily, it was nowhere near as crowded, so we stopped Sweet Spells to pick up a couple of treats before heading in.

I chose the iced Mickey sugar cookie, and my mom got the chocolate nut cluster. The cookie was delicious and soft, but did not taste like a sugar cookie to me. It actually tasted more like gingerbread, which was fine with me since I LOVE gingerbread. My mom raved about the nut cluster as well, and I believe she had a couple more of them before the trip ended.

As we approached the theatre, I could see that people were just strolling in like they were on their way to Sounds Dangerous or something. Last time we saw Fantasmic!, we were stuck in a wall to wall crowd for like 45 minutes. It was the worst. Luckily, Disney read my trip report, in which I said that it was stupid they were only showing Fantasmic! twice a week, causing for the massive crowd build-up. They show it almost every night again, and while there is still a huge amount of people that come, it's WAY less of a mess. We were able to walk right in and got a great seat. But really, all the seats are good. People who show up two hours in advance confuse me. But then again, I don't go to Disney in the summer since I value air and personal space, so maybe during those times you do need to show up that early. I guess my point is: rip your children from school and go during early December!

We had so much fun just waiting for the show to start. First of all, the music they were playing was aces. First, it was the characters from Winnie the Pooh singing Christmas classics. Then, it was the freakin' SPICE GIRLS! Oh man, they were my life from ages 7-10, and I got so excited when I heard their version of "Christmas Wrapping" playing over the loudspeaker. LOVE that song!

Of course, everyone was doing the wave, and a woman a few rows in front of us kept holding up her BABY every time it was our section's turn to stand. She was totally channeling Rafiki at the beginning of The Lion King. It was hilarious.

And then it was time for the most random Disney show ever: Fantasmic! I love this show because it doesn't really follow the normal Disney format. I mean, yeah there's a plot, but I love how they're basically just like "Look at all these great Disney things!"

Also, I love how so many characters are included, and that Pocahontas is featured. That is one of the most underrated movies ever. And it's so cool to see the snake scene from Aladdin come to life (wish they had the part where Jasmine is in the sand, though). My favorite part of all is when the couples float by. It makes me tear up every time. I only wish that more of the couples were included. If they add Rapunzel and Eugene, I will never stop crying.

After Fantasmic! ended, it was time to head over to the Streets of America, so we could finally see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

WOW.

Actually, "WOW" isn't the word. They need to invent a new word for WOW because WOW is not working right now.

This attraction is so much more amazing than you can possibly imagine if you have not seen it in person. It seriously took my breath away at certain moments. Yet another thing Disney knocked out of the park. Before seeing it, I thought it would be cool but not *that* exciting or that much of a must see. I figured we'd walk through and think it looked awesome and then move on. Instead, we were standing around with our mouths gaping open.

I almost don't want to post my pictures because there is hardly a point to it. They IN NO WAY begin to capture how stunning this really is, but here we go anyway...

Can ya spot the Hidden Mickey? There are dozens of them hidden in the lights each year. We found a bunch, but failed to spot the cat they also hide in a different spot each year. I would have really liked to spend more time looking, but it was uncomfortably crowded back there.

See that heart? It was actually a flashing sequence of lights: the first was a peace sign, then a heart, then a mickey head. Peace, love, and Mickey Mouse! Just like in my signature.

SO THEN IT STARTED SNOWING!!! I can't even describe how I felt at this point. They were playing Christmas carol classics the whole time but then one of my favorites, one that always makes me very emotional, came on. It was Judy Garland singing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas from Meet Me In St. Louis. Oh my God. This song mixed with the lights, the spirit of Christmas, and being at Disney... I started to cry. It was a really beautiful moment. My mom was in awe as well. If this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will.

I thought this light covered tire swing and bike were kinda neat. I wish I had got more pics of the details, but it was just so crowded.

People, people, people. EVERYWHERE PEOPLE! Our cat friend from Sci Fi would not be pleased.

For those who don't know, it's called the Spectacle of DANCING lights because every few songs, a fast one will come on that the lights are timed to dance with. It's really cool, but messes up your picture taking.

Overall, this was just so amazing. Please do not miss this if you are there during the holiday season. I absolutely can not wait to see it again. This and the Holiday Illuminations will be the first things I do the next time during the holidays. Hopefully it will be less crowded so I can explore more.

It was almost time for the park to close, but not before we got to ride Toy Story Mania! I hadn't been on it at all that day, so I was itchin' to shoot some targets.

My mom was not so thrilled about this. She was super tired and wanted to skip it. I could not let this happen. I love the woman and could not let her miss TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA! Are you kidding? She's just not crazy about it. I mean, she thinks it's fun, but she doesn't find it to be more addicting than crack, which is exactly how I feel about it. I mean, I've never tried crack, but I'm sure if I did I would just roll my eyes, say "This is boring", and continue planning my strategy to score 1,000,000 points on TSM, something I work on daily. I WILL get there and you will deal.

We got in line a few minutes before close, so the line wasn't that long, but it was still the longest line we had waited on and my mom was sleepy and dragging. I kept telling her that even though I was going to kick her butt either way, she should really wake up a little so that she at least had a chance. I warned her of how psycho I become on this ride and told her she would probably be scared of me. "Okay Lia," she said in a tone that suggested she was not taking me seriously. Imagine that!

So we get on the ride, and she tried pretty hard but I still demolished her and was of course #1 in our vehicle LIKE I ALWAYS AM BECAUSE I AM GREAT.

At the end, when you have to keep shooting the same target and they are all screaming at you to KEEP SHOOTIN, KEEP SHOOTIN!!!!!! I got extra violent and really really screamed. My mom said that she did not realize I was serious about how insane I act on the ride. I told her that I don't even do it on purpose, it just comes out of me. Hey, we all have our vices. Whiskey, gambling, food.
Mine is Toy Story Midway Mania. DONE. Do not try to challenge me. You'll lose. Not only the game, but your ability to hear, and also your dignity.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
YES, that was a threat. This isn't your momma's TR.
Continued in next post...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #416
__disneygirl

Sadly, it was time to go. I think Hollywood is my favorite park to wander out of at night. The dark makes it even dreamier than usual. The Hollywood that never was and always will be...

How creative is this? Mickey mouse ornament ROCKETTES. I love it!

Back at Pop, we were starving so we headed to Everything POP for some grub. I was dying for my fave, the Chicken Penne Alfredo. For dessert I got another favorite, the Tye Dye Cheesecake. YUM. My mom got chili cheese fries and a salad, which I don't have a picture of because who cares about pictures of salad? What is salad?

UGH IT IS JUST SO DELICIOUS. All of it. You already know about my feelings for the Chicken Penne Alfredo from an earlier chapter. But I had never had chili cheese fries before. Cheese, yes, but not chili. I KNOW, IT'S CRAZY. I tasted some of my moms and whoa. WHOA. I now realize that meat should always be placed atop fries. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS BEFORE!!!?

We enjoyed our food and then took the cheesecake back to devour in the room:

The reason this cheesecake is superior to all others is not just because it is multicolored. It's because there is a layer of RED VELVET CAKE on the bottom. As if cheesecake isn't delicious enough on it's own, the Disney geniuses add in the red velvet. SO DELICIOUS. I maintain that if you are not staying at Pop you should make a special trip over just for the food, bright colors, and giant Mickey phone. Okay fine, the Grand Floridian has a monorail, big DEAL. We have tye dye red velvet cheesecake...and it is GOOD.

Bellies full, we got into our beds, enjoyed some Stacey, and floated off to dreamland. Until next time. . .

Up Next: A day I had been waiting for since our last trip!
P.S. Can you believe this TR is half over? Hmmm perhaps I will drag it out even LONGER than my last TR, since I don't think I'll be going to Disney for awhile.... We'll see...

Last edited by __disneygirl; 06-15-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #417
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

That crossroads sign picture is BEAUTIFUL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl
Of course, everyone was doing the wave, and a woman a few rows in front of us kept holding up her BABY every time it was our section's turn to stand. She was totally channeling Rafiki at the beginning of The Lion King. It was hilarious.
I. AM. DYING. Gotta love people.

OMG I wish they would add more couples too! They need Aladdin and Jasmine and Eugene and Rapunzel! I wouldn't be mad if they added Tiana and Naveen either because I feel like their float would be SO cool. Seriously. But about the Tangled thing... like, I cry EVERY time something Tangled is featured. Like at Disney on Ice? I was a mess. Magic Memories and You? Bawling like a baby. Add it to Fantasmic and I would just like die. I wonder if it's part of World of Color at Disneyland? I'm guessing not but you never know. I need to look that up.

Quote:
Actually, "WOW" isn't the word. They need to invent a new word for WOW because WOW is not working right now.
OMG RIGHT!?! I mean, Disney is that awesome... they should be able to think of a new word that accurately describes the Osborne Lights!

See, I remember it being crowded but for some reason it didn't phase me AT ALL. I was just so mesmerized by everything that I barely remember feeling surrounded by people! I was obviously in disney mode lol

I can honestly only imagine if the two of us ever rode Toy Story Mania together... things could get VERY dangerouos.

Quote:
My mom got chili cheese fries and a salad, which I don't have a picture of because who cares about pictures of salad? What is salad?
OMG, right!?! Lia, why are we twins?! hahaha we think THE SAME.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #418
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear that you were able to see F! with less of a horrible crowd situation. It really was crazy when Disney cut it down to 2 nights a week!

Yay for the Osborne Lights!!! Aren't they just amazing?? DBF and I were watching TV, and there was a special on with Jennings Osborne, the man behind the lights, and this huge giant BBQ he holds on his lawn every year for the police and firemen around their area. It was really impressive, just as much on a grand scale as the lights (except with chicken and pork!).

Your comment about salad not being photo-worthy reminded me of this clip from The Simpsons: "you don't win friends with salad!"
Old 06-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #419
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I wonder if it's part of World of Color at Disneyland? I'm guessing not but you never know. I need to look that up.
Lia, make sure Jess sees this:

....And that is all.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #420
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I don't get people waiting for 2 hours to get into Fantasmic either, but then again, I'm with you, I don't go in the summer, so I'm not sure I get how bad the crowds REALLY are! When we saw Fantasmic in October, we just walked in and found a seat right in the middle, a few rows from the front, it was great!

I LOVE the Pochaontas scene in Fantasmic, it is such an underrated movie! Did you hear that you can no longer meet Meeko in Animal Kingdom? I'm so happy we met him in October, because we almost skipped it! I hate that Disney is taking away the more random characters. Thumper and Miss Bunny are gone too.

OMG the Osborne Lights! One of my favorite Disney things ever! There really are no words to describe them, they are just so amazing! I was looking for the purple cat, and I couldn't find it, and then of course, my DH looks up and just points to it. Figures he would find it, and he didn't even know to look for it!

Haha, it's weird, I'm not normally very competitive, but when I play TSM, I get crazy too! Probably because it's the only thing I've ever been able to beat my DH at!

Mmm...that Pop chicken alfredo...I'm going to need to stop there in November and get some of that, it was so good! And that cheesecake! YUM!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Last edited by Nermel9; 06-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: