Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #826
MartyM
Mouseketeer

For anyone who's done both QV and Chef's table, how does the QV compare? I would be a solo.

Edit: I see PP's question on the previous page. I'm a bit worried about such a romantic atmosphere as a solo.

1988-Polynesian
1997-All Star Music (UCA Cheer Championships)
1998-All Star Sports (UCA Cheer Championships)
2011-Polynesian
2012-Wilderness Lodge Girls' Weekend
2012-Coronado Springs Girls' Weekend
2012-Wilderness Lodge CL
2013-WDW Marathon Weekend AS Sports
2013-Boardwalk Cottage & Christmas Lights! (upcoming)
MartyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #827
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
It's 190 days from the day of the restaurant reservation. You have to call each day, if you don't get it on the first try.
I thought there was the added restriction that the first 11-day window starts 180 days prior to the checkin date, so if you had a 2-day trip you could only book the second night 181 days in advance - is that incorrect? Otherwise it would simpler to call it 190 days instead of 180+10.
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #828
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwiggle View Post
I thought there was the added restriction that the first 11-day window starts 180 days prior to the checkin date, so if you had a 2-day trip you could only book the second night 181 days in advance - is that incorrect? Otherwise it would simpler to call it 190 days instead of 180+10.
Now I'm really confused.
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #829
hcortesis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaCountyDad View Post
Has anyone actually been upgraded from the wait list for the Chef's Table? When I called 180 days before our trip, the entire week of Chef's Table had already been booked. I grabbed seats in QV room and got waitlisted for Chef's Table.
Yes, last fall. Forget when we got the call, maybe a month or so before?
hcortesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #830
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
It's 190 days from the day of the restaurant reservation. You have to call each day, if you don't get it on the first try.
Unless it has changed for just V&A, 180+10 does not mean 190.

It means that if you are staying on site, you can call on the 180 day for the start of your resort reservation and book for the first 10 days of your stay. Otherwise, you would have to call every day for your restaurant's reservation.

I just wanted to be sure that no one gets confused.

And V&A's still says 180 days in advance (but then you get the +10 staying on site).

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #831
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Unless it has changed for just V&A, 180+10 does not mean 190.

It means that if you are staying on site, you can call on the 180 day for the start of your resort reservation and book for the first 10 days of your stay. Otherwise, you would have to call every day for your restaurant's reservation.

I just wanted to be sure that no one gets confused.

And V&A's still says 180 days in advance (but then you get the +10 staying on site).
This is correct. We are staying December 5th - 12th. We could call 180 days out from December 5th and book anything for 10 days pas then (i.e. the 15th).
It is NOT 10 days prior to your check in.

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #832
SonomaCountyDad
Earning My Ears

That's exactly what I tried. Our trip starts on Nov. 26th, so I called 180 days before that. Unfortunately, people that were arriving before the 26th had already booked the Chef's table for each night that we were staying. Since we were staying only 6 nights, the Chef's table was completely booked by people staying for longer, and we never really had a shot. I wish I had known there was no chance of getting a reservation, since I got up at 4am to call.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #833
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
That's exactly what I tried. Our trip starts on Nov. 26th, so I called 180 days before that. Unfortunately, people that were arriving before the 26th had already booked the Chef's table for each night that we were staying. Since we were staying only 6 nights, the Chef's table was completely booked by people staying for longer, and we never really had a shot. I wish I had known there was no chance of getting a reservation, since I got up at 4am to call.
Yes, that new"ish" policy does give an advantage to those who are staying on property for longer periods of time. Is that wrong? I don't know.

I think there's always a chance of getting a reservation. And I think the vast majority of people visiting WDW are unaware of this 180+10 rule. It never hurts to try, and the waitlist is certainly an option. But really, while the chef's table is a terrific experience, I would never be "put out" that I didn't get that reservation. I was lucky enough to get it for my family on my parents' 30th wedding anniversary (prior to 180+10 and I had very quick dialing fingers), but every experience at V&A is magical, chef's table or no.

Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #834
SonomaCountyDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejTheLion View Post
Yes, that new"ish" policy does give an advantage to those who are staying on property for longer periods of time. Is that wrong? I don't know.

I think there's always a chance of getting a reservation. And I think the vast majority of people visiting WDW are unaware of this 180+10 rule. It never hurts to try, and the waitlist is certainly an option. But really, while the chef's table is a terrific experience, I would never be "put out" that I didn't get that reservation. I was lucky enough to get it for my family on my parents' 30th wedding anniversary (prior to 180+10 and I had very quick dialing fingers), but every experience at V&A is magical, chef's table or no.
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was upset about "only" getting QV room reservations. I was bummed for about 30 seconds (mostly because I don't like getting up at 4am). I am very excited about the reservations I did get. I just wish they put more information online so you know what you are up against.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #835
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you have better luck making the reservation at midnight on the online system or by calling first thing in the morning when they open?
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #836
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
Does anyone know if you have better luck making the reservation at midnight on the online system or by calling first thing in the morning when they open?
If you mean for the 180 days (or 180+10), then the online system doesn't open up those reservations until 6AM.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #837
andied
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The same thing happened to us. I much preferred when they didn't allow the 180+10. Then at least everyone had an equal shot if they were up early enough at exactly 180.
andied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #838
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

I don't even think being on a longer stay gives you that much of an advantage either...

Our 180 opened up on Tuesday...We are staying CL and asked them to try getting Chefs Table since IPO can start booking at 5:30am as opposed to the public at 6AM online. IPO was unable to get the ressie for any nights...

I luckily was trying at the same time and was able to secure the very last night of our trip (or the 8th night)...

Good luck to everyone else out there trying to get it!!

jcondrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #839
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

I have ressies this August for the Queen Victoria room as a surprise for DH birthday. I've been looking thru this thread, but it has gotten very long so excuse me if this has been answered....

I'm interestd in prices for food "upgrades" in Queens Room. I'm probably going to get a Disney Gift card to pay for this as it's a gift for DH and I don't want to put it on our credit card...so I want to make sure I have enough.

I know Queens room is $210 per person / wine pairing $105
firgure 6.5% tax and 20% tip. Jut don't know about the extras...I saw about Kobe and Waju beef upgrades - I believe pricing is $45 & $80. Does anyone know of anyothers...and also are any upgrades included in price of Queen Victoria room that may not be for the main dining room?

THanks
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #840
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The CT and QVR do not have any upcharges. Here is a copy of the menu from my last CT visit. You can see the normal upcharge items are included.

It only shows the champagne; after the first course I stuck with iced tea and did not have any other wines.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: