Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasha_Loves_Disney View Post
Oh no, you caught me. I do have Jedi mind powers. I was headed to Star Wars weekend to show off my skills... But I promise I only use my mind trick to get more TR followers and it seems to be working

I think I remember you saying on the other report that you were leaving the day we got there you promised to leave me a Mickey Premium Bar or two haha Thanks for keeping your promise because I had one!!! I hope your trip went well!!!
It was hard not to eat them all but I restrained myself....just for you.

Our trip was fine. It would have been great if we had been at the Disney parks though. With that said, I will say that Discovery Cove was fantastic! It was the highlight of our trip. I've started my TR so if you get a second or two, hop on over. (See, I have to shamelessly ask for TR followers since I can't do the Jedi mind trick doohicky! )

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I am here! I loved the video!

You forgot Pluto?! Good thing you had a delay!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Subbing! I always love your TRs. That video of Sam in the puddle made me literally laugh out loud! I can tell this is going to be a great one.
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #19
ilovedisney1
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)

Can't wait to read more!

ilovedisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Leasha_Loves_Disney
Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in
YAY!!! Thanks for coming along with us on this magical ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
It was hard not to eat them all but I restrained myself....just for you.

Our trip was fine. It would have been great if we had been at the Disney parks though. With that said, I will say that Discovery Cove was fantastic! It was the highlight of our trip. I've started my TR so if you get a second or two, hop on over. (See, I have to shamelessly ask for TR followers since I can't do the Jedi mind trick doohicky! )
Thank you so much, you know how much I love my Mickey Bars yum yum yum.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!!! It's a shame you didn't get to do Disney parks but on the bright side you got to enjoy the Contemporary!!! I must admit during my break today at work I made sure to start reading your TR and I am loving it so far. The pictures are really making me miss home

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I am here! I loved the video!

You forgot Pluto?! Good thing you had a delay!
Yippie!!! Thanks for stopping by another report.

Yes, I was so afraid he was going to have to stay home, thank goodness for that delay is right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Subbing! I always love your TRs. That video of Sam in the puddle made me literally laugh out loud! I can tell this is going to be a great one.
Thanks so much glad you are stopping by another trip River dance!!! It was literally the biggest puddle I have ever seen, gotta love those Disney downpours. Hope you enjoy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney1 View Post
Can't wait to read more!
I hope you enjoy, thanks for reading along
Leasha_Loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
Leasha_Loves_Disney

And Now... We Wait
May 28, 2012

When I last left off we were in the middle of a dilemma, PLUTO WAS AT HOME!!!

Not good, not good at all. I called Ma to ask her if I was allowed to leave the airport once I got through security, Moms know everything so I figured she was my best bet. She said she wasn’t sure but if I went and asked a security guard she would be more than happy to bring him to me.

So I mustered up the courage to go ask the big mean looking security guard, literally it took me maybe 20 minutes to work up the courage, I may be 22 but I am kind of a big baby. I just kept thinking do it for Pluto. This is how the conversation went…

“Ummm… excuse me sir. I have a question for you” –me
“Yes?” – big scary man
“Ummmm, well if I forgot something at home that I REALLY need to take with me on a trip can I maybe leave the airport get it and come back? Or is that not allowed?” – me
“Sure, that’s no problem at all” – big scary guy turned nice “If you want you can even just let us know when the person dropping it off is here and we can run out and get it so you don’t have to go back through security”

Now I thought about it for a second… I just told this guy this was an item that is necessary for my trip, in reality it is a pillow. There is no way I am making him take the time to go out and get it for me.

“Ummmm I’ll just pick it up myself I have two and a half hours to waste. Thank you for your help” – me

“No problem. Just don’t forget to take your ID and boarding pass with you.” – nice security guy.

Shortly after Ma arrived with Pluto. TRIP SAVED.

We made our way back through security there was literally no one in the line. As I was gathering my belongings and heading back to the gate the security guard who I talked to saw me walking by and yelled to me “Is that what you forgot?!”

Oh man I was so embarrassed!!! But he smiled and gave me a thumbs up and told me to enjoy my trip. What a nice guy.

We made our way back to the gate to waste another 2.5 hours.

Reunited and it feels so good

Waiting waiting waiting. Texting texting texting. I had to let Bobby know that we weren’t going to be in at 11:00 like we thought we were so he shouldn’t wait up for us.

Everyone found a way to make it through the time

Andy caught up on some TV shows he missed due to work

I snuggled with Pluto <3 Oh boy what an Alicia face

Brittany redid her hair for the fifth time that night

And Sam took some artsy pictures of the magical ears we made for the trip

Before we knew it JetBlue!!!

And then the lady came over the intercom and said “sorry to disappoint but that is not your aircraft” wa wa waaaaaaah….

The good news was the baggage guys were having fun playing some basket ball

Yes I awkwardly creeped their game. It kept me entertained for a whole five seconds haha

Everyone had their Disney playlists going

And even though Andy was trying to watch shows I was still being a pain in his but… Smile Andy…. Andy Smile!!!

You can only play on your ipod for so long…

Shortly after that Sam and Brittany decided to go off and see what there was to do. They wandered for a good 20 minutes and came back to report that EVERYTHING (as in the 3 stores that this airport has to offer) was closed.

Meanwhile.. gurgle gurgle My stomach was screaming feed me!!!

Andy finished watching an episode of Modern Family

Two hours left to go!!!

Before long my stomach went into attack mode and food needed to be found. Unfortunately as I said before EVERYTHING was closed. Except the Anchor Bar but I couldn’t justify paying $12 for something little, save that money for precious Disney food.

We wandered a little and found a gift shop that had little snacks in it and bought the cheapest things that they had. The people in front of us were really weird. They paid for their $30 order completely with change and then the guy spit out his gum and handed it to the cashier and asked her to throw it out. SO STRANGE. Poor girl, I give her credit for putting up with them.

What did we end up with? Well Andy got a rice crispy and some Doritos

And I got a chocolate sucker thing with a buffalo on it. I was literally going crazy from hunger, as you can see…

YUMMMMMMMMM and by that I mean I HAVEN’T EATTEN IN 10 HOURS THIS WILL TIDE ME OVER.

A little more waiting

And then…

They old us that the plane was going to be here soon and that we should begin getting out things together so really quickly we all went to the bathroom and gathered our belongings.

PLANE PLANE PLANE PLANE !!! MICKEY MICKEY MICKEY MICKEY !!!

I’m going to Disney World

Don’t be so happy Andy

We boarded the plane. The weird thing was since we booked so late we didn’t have seats near each other so we said goodbye to one another before we boarded and then we were ready for take off!!!

[SIZE="5"]Tune In Next Time!!!
[/SIZE]

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 06-17-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #22
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

OH THANK GOD PLUTO IS SAVED! I was getting worried there for a minute.

Why would you give your chewed up gum to a cashier?! I will never understand some people.

YAY! Getting on the plane finally!

I noticed your ticker for the DCP and I will be there the same time you start it!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
ShaylaLynn
Earning My Ears

Joining in!
ShaylaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Joining in and subbing!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

THIS TRIP REPORT IS SO FUN!!!! I'm loving it! The video you guys made is awesome. It just made me smile so much! It really captures Disney magic!

The whole Pluto fiasco made me laugh... especially when the security guard asked if that's what you left at home. THAT KIND OF THING WOULD SO HAPPEN TO ME! Ahhh.

I'm sorry your plane was so delayed. Usually Jet Blue is really on top of things but I guess this was an off day. Probably because it was a later in the day flight. Oh well. At least you got there!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

Haven't read a TR in forever...well technically I haven't been on the DIS in some time so I couldn't have. But it is cool to see people my age(I'm 20) doing something spontaneous like this. Getting me kind of excited for my upcoming trips(DCL to Canada, Food and Wine, and for 21 Beers around EPCOT w/ my friends). Definitely subscribing.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Awesome video. It looks like you had a great time. We were down there the same time as you so I look forward to reading along.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
OH THANK GOD PLUTO IS SAVED! I was getting worried there for a minute.

Why would you give your chewed up gum to a cashier?! I will never understand some people.

YAY! Getting on the plane finally!

I noticed your ticker for the DCP and I will be there the same time you start it!

I was freaking out in the airport so scared that he wouldn't make it!!!

Yay, now the real fun begins WE ARE FINALLY ON OUR WAY

REALLY?! You have a trip then?! HOW EXCITING. maybe we will run into one another

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaLynn View Post
Joining in!

Thanks for reading along and Welcome. Hope you enjoy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Joining in and subbing!

Thank you thank you thank you. I'm so glad you have you aboard. I hope you have fun reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
THIS TRIP REPORT IS SO FUN!!!! I'm loving it! The video you guys made is awesome. It just made me smile so much! It really captures Disney magic!

The whole Pluto fiasco made me laugh... especially when the security guard asked if that's what you left at home. THAT KIND OF THING WOULD SO HAPPEN TO ME! Ahhh.

I'm sorry your plane was so delayed. Usually Jet Blue is really on top of things but I guess this was an off day. Probably because it was a later in the day flight. Oh well. At least you got there!

I'm glad you are liking it so far!!! When Sam first made it I watched it probably 100 times because I was reliving the trip. I have to admit this was probably the best one I have taken so far.

I couldn't believe I left him home, he was sitting on my bed all ready to go and everything... ugh I'm so scatter brained.

It was ok, we really weren't all that mad. We had nowhere to be in a rush. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS when we were booking on a whim we just said let's leave at night instead of the next morning. If it had taken away park time I would have cried lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
Haven't read a TR in forever...well technically I haven't been on the DIS in some time so I couldn't have. But it is cool to see people my age(I'm 20) doing something spontaneous like this. Getting me kind of excited for my upcoming trips(DCL to Canada, Food and Wine, and for 21 Beers around EPCOT w/ my friends). Definitely subscribing.

I love finding people's trip reports who are around my age!!! We'll trip reports in general I guess just get me pumped. I'm honored that you decided to read mine after being away from the boards for so long haha I hope that you enjoy it and it gets you even more excited for your upcoming trips!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Awesome video. It looks like you had a great time. We were down there the same time as you so I look forward to reading along.

We had a fabulous time!!! I love hearing about people who were down there at the same time, maybe you will show up in the background of one of our hundreds of photos!!! That would be so cool Thanks for reading along
Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
BobbleClank
Mouseketeer

That video was awesome, Great music to it. Thanks for sharing.

BobbleClank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
lovingdisneyworldSIM
disney

HA! great pics

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: