Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #1876
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Have fun! Thanks for all the great updates Bret.
Thank you TK. It was fun to go to CL & BVS during the preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Those are awesome pictures Bret. The theming is amazing. If there a way to ensure you get Luigi's line, like separate queues or is it just the luck of the draw? If we only ride once, I want to try Luigi's, since you liked it better. If we ride twice, I want to try both sides. Since the tires at LFT do not bump hard, I wonder why there is a height requirement. We were so disappointed to learn that Connor cannot try any of the new rides.

Cannot wait to read more about your trip.
Thank you Kim. The theme of CL is so amazing. Just as Alison just said that it is random. You just got to get lucky and possibly get Luigi's side or Ramone's side. When I rode RSR, we didn't get Luigi's side until the 4th try.

I still like Luigi's side over Ramone's because of the AA Luigi and Guido which lift part of the vehicle and show you that you are wearing White wall tires. Ramone's side is neat, whic you are about to be painted for the race. Instead of AA on Ramone's side, they use computer images on his side. Also Flo is shown in that area.

LFT was suppose to have a control on the tires, but they now require you to lean in order for the tires to move. For example, if you lean forward the tire will head in that direction. If you want to go left, you have to lean left and the rest if just like what I said. If you don't lean on the tire, you won't go anywhere. It was difficult at first, but we got use to leaning in one direction in order to move the tire. LFT needs the height restriction so you can move the tire or you will be staying in that same slot.

I'm sorry that Connor won't be able to ride any of the new rides at CL. But he will like meeting McQueen, Mater and Red at CL.

I will have the next update tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Thank you Bret. Almost as good as being there myself.
Thnk you PiO. I can't wait to show you my firework pictures on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I am totally salivating over CarsLand! Great photos.
nice to see yu Jenny. Thank you. It was great to see CL & BVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thanks for the pictures Bret. I only rode RSR once and went to Ramon's so that's good to know that the other side goes to Luigi's.

Kimberly, I don't think you get a choice of where you go. I think it's just random. We didn't even race against anyone. I kept waiting for a car to pull up next to us, but we all of a sudden just took off. Could be since we boarded in the HA area.
Thank you Alison. There are a few times at RSR that had only one car raced by itself without another car. There were a lot of times when the ride broke down and we had to wait in the queue until it was back up and running. RSR is an amazing ride and makes test Track at EPCOT look outdated. the only thing I am concerned about the ride is when will the ride break down. That is my observation of RSR. There are other people observations about it that it won't break down a lot, I am hoping that it won't break down a lot when it opens in a few more days.

Just as you said that we don't get a choice of which side to go on RSr. If I had a choice, I would go to Luigi's side over Ramone's.

I left SoCal around 111am and now heading back home tomSactown. So I will be back on my CPU later tonight and will upload more pics from my grip as well as some videos from CL.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #1877
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Kimberly, I don't think you get a choice of where you go. I think it's just random. We didn't even race against anyone. I kept waiting for a car to pull up next to us, but we all of a sudden just took off. Could be since we boarded in the HA area.
Thanks Alison. That is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thank you Kim. The theme of CL is so amazing. Just as Alison just said that it is random. You just got to get lucky and possibly get Luigi's side or Ramone's side. When I rode RSR, we didn't get Luigi's side until the 4th try.

I still like Luigi's side over Ramone's because of the AA Luigi and Guido which lift part of the vehicle and show you that you are wearing White wall tires. Ramone's side is neat, whic you are about to be painted for the race. Instead of AA on Ramone's side, they use computer images on his side. Also Flo is shown in that area.

LFT was suppose to have a control on the tires, but they now require you to lean in order for the tires to move. For example, if you lean forward the tire will head in that direction. If you want to go left, you have to lean left and the rest if just like what I said. If you don't lean on the tire, you won't go anywhere. It was difficult at first, but we got use to leaning in one direction in order to move the tire. LFT needs the height restriction so you can move the tire or you will be staying in that same slot.

I'm sorry that Connor won't be able to ride any of the new rides at CL. But he will like meeting McQueen, Mater and Red at CL.
Thanks for explaining both. I knew Disney had some reason for the requirement on LFT. That makes perfect sense. Xander tried a go-cart right before he turned four and just stayed on the track not moving the car. The attendant immediately pulled him off (for his own safety as well as everyone else's). Speaking of which, I should have him try that again since he is 1.5 years older.

Cannot wait to read more. I am curious to see if you got a peek at the Matterhorn and would be even more impressed if you got to ride it early (somehow).
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #1878
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Wow, lots of great info in this thread! I'm just truong to absorb it all!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #1879
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Alison. That is good to know.

Thanks for explaining both. I knew Disney had some reason for the requirement on LFT. That makes perfect sense. Xander tried a go-cart right before he turned four and just stayed on the track not moving the car. The attendant immediately pulled him off (for his own safety as well as everyone else's). Speaking of which, I should have him try that again since he is 1.5 years older.

Cannot wait to read more. I am curious to see if you got a peek at the Matterhorn and would be even more impressed if you got to ride it early (somehow).
Your welcome. LFT is a fun ride to ride with other people then just by riding it by yourself. Remember to grab a beach ball before you enter the tire so you can throw it to other people on the tires. It was really hard to grab a beach ball when it was on the ground. You can also get one by bumping it with other tires so they can float in the air and you can grab one.

I believe that Xander will be able to drive the go-cart with no problem.

I am uploading more pics right now and it will take some time until I get the nighttime pics up on flickr. It will take some time to write up my TR, but right now I am uploading and will post some more pics of BVS & CL today.

The Matterhorn was still closed. Even though we did see some people on the new bobsleds, they were CM's that were riding. So we didn't get a chance to ride the Matterhorn this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Wow, lots of great info in this thread! I'm just truong to absorb it all!
Thank you DisneytheKid for checking out my TR.

Here are some pics from Luigi's Flying Tires including the queue.

Luigi & Guido do love Ferrari's

Light pictures inside Luigi's Casa Della Tires for you Deej

Nigel Gearsley is in this poster and the date was June 9th

That's it for this post and i am posting the next one's so stay tune.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #1880
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Awesome queue. So much stuff to look at. The ride looks pretty neat too.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #1881
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

More pics from Luigi's Flying Tires

There is me and my DA in the queue for LFT

Some flowers right by the queue

Topiary of Francesco Bernoulli

Here are some tips that were on the wall to tell you how to move the tire

I will have the next set of pictures from LFT shortly.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #1882
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome queue. So much stuff to look at. The ride looks pretty neat too.
Thank you Kim. LFT queue was great and so much to see while in the queue. I just wish the line would move faster, but it is a slow loading ride.

Here are more pics from LFT.

Flying Tips Summary sign

When we got closer to the gate, a CM was handing out triangles to the people. They are giving out color triangles to see how many people are in the tires so they won't have people on the ride looking for a tire.

Some one touch colors

Random pics of Radiator Springs while we were heading on over to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

There was a long line for the popcorn stand

That's it for now and I will be back later to post more pics. Right now, I am currently uploading more pics on my flickr so you can check them out.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #1883
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

That ride looks so awesome. Thanks for the tip. I will remember to grab a beach ball. Sorry for being impatient. I am not trying to rush the trip report. It is awesome soaking up as much as I can before we leave next week. Thanks again for sharing all of this info. You are really helping me and probably some others.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #1884
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of LFT Bret! Was the ride fun? I think you said RSR was your favorite but I wondered if this is worth the wait.

Deej needs to come and see your wonderful flower and light fixture pictures!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #1885
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

The theming looks fantastic! Great pics Bret.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #1886
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That ride looks so awesome. Thanks for the tip. I will remember to grab a beach ball. Sorry for being impatient. I am not trying to rush the trip report. It is awesome soaking up as much as I can before we leave next week. Thanks again for sharing all of this info. You are really helping me and probably some others.
Your welcome Kim. I am glad that you are enjoying all my pics and tips from CL this past weekend. I know that your trip is coming up shortly and showing you all the pics and tips so you and your family can enjoy the Connor's birthday trip. Thank you Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures of LFT Bret! Was the ride fun? I think you said RSR was your favorite but I wondered if this is worth the wait.

Deej needs to come and see your wonderful flower and light fixture pictures!
Thank you TK. LFT was so fun. Get to float on air and try to get a beach ball and toss it to another rider. It's just the wait time which could be a problem, they do have a handicapped loading area so any handicapped people could ride the ride. But it can slow down the time of loading and unloading guests.

RSR is by far the best ride and is my favorite ride out of the three rides at CL. Good thing that RSR has a FP and a single rider line if you don't want to wait a long time ride the ride. As long as you get a FP or have no problem going in the single rider line then it is worth is even riding by yourself.

When I was looking at the flowers and light fixtures, I was thinking about Deej would love seeing these pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
The theming looks fantastic! Great pics Bret.
Thank you PiO.

Here are a few more pics of CL until I write up my entire TR.

There were some Disney media on the other side of the queue taking videos of MJJ.

Now on MJJ

I will be writing up my TR tonight so stay tune for the first part of the TR.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #1887
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

More awesome pictures Bret. I was telling Crap we should probably invest in an AP and take frequent weekend trips. We'll see how it goes. I know we have to decide to upgrade our tickets before the last day is used. Let's see how much we spend while there, because I do not think upgrading will be in our budget. It is just wishful thinking, probably.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #1888
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
More awesome pictures Bret. I was telling Crap we should probably invest in an AP and take frequent weekend trips. We'll see how it goes. I know we have to decide to upgrade our tickets before the last day is used. Let's see how much we spend while there, because I do not think upgrading will be in our budget. It is just wishful thinking, probably.
Thank you Kim. You should consider getting an AP if you plan on going back to Anaheim for weekend trips. With tickets so much today, you can apply the PH ticket that you paid for and just pay the difference to the AP. Even though the premium costs $650, it would be worth it if you go at least 3 trips of 3+ days. When I first got my AP, I had to apply of how many trips I would make in order to get the fullest from the Premium & later Premier & back to Premium AP.

The first post of my TR will be up shortly.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #1889
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 1

This trip is the most excited one that we have done in a long time. The Holiday trips to DL & WDW are one of my favorites, but going to CL while the two of us had waited for over 4 years is finally arrived. My DA and I haven't been this excited to go to DL in a very long time. So we better make the best of the trip.

The trip is mostly to see CL & BVS during the Annual Pass preview which we had to pay in order to see CL & BVS. I originally was hoping that they would have a contest for the AP holders to see CL before the offical opening of CL & BVS on the 15th. After hearing that CL & BVS is doing a preview on the 11th for free, I was hoping that we get selected.

Then a few weeks later, they announced that there was another way to get into CL & BVS by buying a ticket for $50 or $75 or $500 to see CL & BVS. At first I thought that was expensive, but after seeing that there is little chance that we get selected for the 11th, we decided to buy tickets for the 10th at 6pm to 11pm. I thought an extra $25 was a lot for an extra hour, but with a private viewing of WoC seemed like a good deal and get to see Radiator Springs light up at night which sold me even more.

When DL announced the who got selected for the preview which my DA and I didn't win, I was frustrated at first that we didn't win. But I realized that there were over one million AP holders and 10,500 lucky AP get to see CL & BVS on the free day. I was hoping that if we buy another ticket on another day so we can see CL & BVS. Luckily, I was able to buy another set of tickets on the 9th at 1pm to 5pm. It was at first cutting it close when we go to Anaheim, but I really wanted to see CL when we got there.

So we had two times to see CL during the preview. So we were all excited to go to DCA to see CL & BVS while it is not that crowded.

First we started to leave Sacramento on Friday night since my DA and I have to work. So we left around 7:30pm and head on over to my grandmothers house in Livingston like we usually do when we go to Anaheim.

We got there around 9:30pm and stayed over the the night so we can have a head start to Anaheim the next day. This was going to be earlier then we usually do since we have the AP preview of CL & BVS at 1pm so we needed to get there early so we can check-in at the hotel which is BWAI and get our tickets and wristbands for the preview.

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 1

We got up very early at 5am in the morning and left Livingston around 6am. I know that it will take at least 5 hours to get to Anaheim from Livingston. So we head on out and on our way to Anaheim. Luckily the traffic wasn't that bad and we got to Anaheim around 11am. We got there really early and was glad that we have plenty of time to check-in at BWAI and get our wristbands for the preview on the 9th.

When we checked in at BWAI around 11:10am, the room wasn't ready so we had to put all of our valuable stuff in the trunk and have to come back later to check-in. I was hoping that they would let us check-in early so we can put our stuff in the room and don't have to worry about it. But since the room wasn't ready, we had to carry what was important to us and take it while we are at CL & BVS.

So we left BWAI and head on over to DCA for the preview. When we were walking down the walkway, we were hoping that we could be let in early for the preview. While we were waiting to cross on Harbor Blvd, we have seen a lot of CM walking down on Harbor Blvd. We read that the CM parking lot is going to be the parking lot for the guests this summer while the CM's are forced to park at far locations. I have never seen that many CM's walked down on Harbor Blvd.

Going down at the transportation plaza

DVC Shuttle sign

The entrance sign to the DLR from the transportation plaza

When we got past the security check-point, we head on over to the closest ticket booth. We saw a sign telling where to get our wristbands for the preview.

We had to show all our AP and ID's in order to get the wristband from the CM's. The color we got was pink for the 1pm to 5pm preview. So we had some time to wait around the resort until it was time for our preview at 1pm.

Our ticket for the preview.

While we were close to the ticket booths, there was a spcial preview of WoC called "Glow with the Show Ears" screening event on June 28th, 29th and 30th. This is for AP holders only and I was really excited to hear that there was a special preview of WoC at the end of this month and I have a chance to get a ticket for the preview while we were there during our trip. So I got the time on the 29th and it said that the show will begin at 11:45pm. I was first excited, but then I realized that I needed to make another trip to come back to SoCal for the event. I am right now thinking of coming back to Anaheim for the event. But my family doesn't want me to go since it will cost even more money to go and during a very busy week. I will keep everyone updated if I am planning on going back to DL for the special preview of WoC.

When we went through the special event turnstile at DCA on the left hand side, there were a few CM's right by the entrance to BVS and were asked if we want to go through BVS. I was surprise to hear that we are allowed to enter BVS before our time of the preview.

So we entered BVS and now the picture taking now starts. I was so amazed at seeing BVS up close instead of seeing part of it through the monorail. At first it wasn't that crowded and all the details of the new entrance to DCA is so amazing. I was first sad to see the Golden Gate bridge go as which is was a part of DCA when DCA opened back in 2001. But now with the new BVS, I am so excited to go through DCA everytime I go to the park.

The Oswald's is also another souvenir stand that sells mickey ears, books, bags, antenna toppers, etc.

Los Feliz Five & Dime store is the main store of DCA

Car right by the Oswald stand

Chamber of Commerce which is the Guest Relations

Now we went underneath the new bridge of BVS. It did feel different going under a new bridge which isn't the Golden Gate bridge. I am hoping that when we get closer to teh Holiday season, they will decorate BVS. I am jumping too early so we will talk about that later.

A look back at BVS at the front entrance

A look at the Carthay Circle Theater from BVS. Even though there were walls around the area, it still looks amazing from the new land. Also we were looking for the new Hub statue which is called "Storytellers" it was boxed up in the picture below in the blue box. I was bummed that we didn't get to see the new statue, but we'll just wait until BVS is opened in a couple of days.

That is it for this post and I will have the next update tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #1890
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thank you Kim. You should consider getting an AP if you plan on going back to Anaheim for weekend trips. With tickets so much today, you can apply the PH ticket that you paid for and just pay the difference to the AP. Even though the premium costs $650, it would be worth it if you go at least 3 trips of 3+ days. When I first got my AP, I had to apply of how many trips I would make in order to get the fullest from the Premium & later Premier & back to Premium AP.

The first post of my TR will be up shortly.
I want to and we would most likely get the Premium if we did, so we can have free parking and unlimited admission. It is not likely in the budget for this trip though. We'll see how it goes. Six people dropped out of lunch yesterday and today. At almost $40 a person (with tax and tip), that will save almost $240. I went from 38 to 32. I know there will probably be a group who decides to come at the last minute though. Crap started a new job in February, so three day trips after this one are unlikely. I would plan lots of drives up on Saturday early morning and do close to a full day then, drive back on Sunday after a half day in the parks. We would only need a hotel for one night each trip. If we did it too often though, Crap would be exhausted every Monday at work.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: