Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #106
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
I may be from sunscreen. From Tervis.com:
Thanks for the info....mine is actually inside the cup about 3/4 inch down from the top. It looks as if it isn't clean, like if you were to have an ice cream soda, that type of film. I thought it was dirty and really scrubbed it and nothing came off. Its never been in the microwave either. Its odd...If I can figure out how to put pictures up, I will.
WDW:7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #107
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Thanks for the info....mine is actually inside the cup about 3/4 inch down from the top. It looks as if it isn't clean, like if you were to have an ice cream soda, that type of film. I thought it was dirty and really scrubbed it and nothing came off. Its never been in the microwave either. Its odd...If I can figure out how to put pictures up, I will.
Try contacting Tervis and see what they say about it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #108
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
I'm headed out on the Magic on Friday does anyone know if they sell them onboard the Magic?

Also, where are you ordering the personalized one from?? TIA!!
I posted pics earlier in this thread, those are the ones I bought on the Magic last month. Tervis.com is where I ordered 3 customized. I want to warn everyone DO NOT use the word Disney, this caused me A LOT of grief. I was charged 3 separate times, spent a few hours trying to get two credits back. Then was charged a 4th time a week after for something no one could explain. After a few more phone calls and emails it was finally taken care of. It turned out to be a $15 frate fee they charged when an item shipped. They did refund it, but it took a lot of communication to get it handled.

Watch your credit card because that's how I found out.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #109
DizneGal
Mouseketeer

I'm happy to hear that they are selling them on the ships. I did just buy my girls one each at BBB and of course used my 20% off coupon!! I'm debating buying my hubby the Marvel one and myself the Villains cups, but might wait to purchase the DCL ones on board. SUPER CUTE!!! YAE!

Still deciding on whether or not I need the Chamilia bracelet. I'm a Pandora girl, but I hear the charms will fit on either. Hmmmmmm.

Disneyland: Too many times to count!
Disney World: Jan 2008/Port Orleans Riverside
Magic Cruise: 2012
DizneGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #110
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

How many different designs are available on the boat?
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #111
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
How many different designs are available on the boat?
On the Magic there were 2, the cruise line one and a Castaway Cay one. There is an Aquaduck one on the new ships.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #112
CheriRy
Earning My Ears

I began reading this great board a few months prior to our vacation on the Dream last month. Let me thank all of you for the great tips and suggestions I armed myself with prior to cruising. I took notes on everything from character meet/greets to trip insurance. On a side note, I will NOT travel again w/o trip insurance; as the morning of our cruise, I fell down my steps at home and fractured my tailbone. Not a fun way to travel, but we had planned this trip for a year and a half and I figured I could heal just as well at sea as at home. (Probably better!!) The only regret I have concerning the vacation is when visiting Castaway Cay, I was busy with my grandchildren and forgot to pick up my souvenir Tervis CC mug. Is there anyone who would be willing to pick one up for me in the near future? I would be so grateful and would certainly pre-pay the cost and postage. Wish I could go back and pick up one myself! Thanks in advance.....you guys are the best!
CheriRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #113
Hayloburger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriRy View Post
I began reading this great board a few months prior to our vacation on the Dream last month. Let me thank all of you for the great tips and suggestions I armed myself with prior to cruising. I took notes on everything from character meet/greets to trip insurance. On a side note, I will NOT travel again w/o trip insurance; as the morning of our cruise, I fell down my steps at home and fractured my tailbone. Not a fun way to travel, but we had planned this trip for a year and a half and I figured I could heal just as well at sea as at home. (Probably better!!) The only regret I have concerning the vacation is when visiting Castaway Cay, I was busy with my grandchildren and forgot to pick up my souvenir Tervis CC mug. Is there anyone who would be willing to pick one up for me in the near future? I would be so grateful and would certainly pre-pay the cost and postage. Wish I could go back and pick up one myself! Thanks in advance.....you guys are the best!
We are on the june 16th Fantasy Cruise. I can pick you up one (because of this thread I plan on picking up a few for my family)!

June 2012 DCL Fantasy-Eastern
June 1010 WDW WL
March 2010 WDW WL
Oct 3, 2009 West. Magic and AK CBR (4 days)
2009 June WL
2008 December WL
2008 January DCL Eastern Magic Car./POLY
2007 February POP
2006 May POP
2006 January All Star Movies
Hayloburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #114
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

In case anyone is interested, Chamilia is running a promotion in June where if you buy $100 in beads you get a $65 snap bracelet for free. I picked two Disney beads up for my daughter to put away for her birthday at a jewelry store online (A Silver Breeze) and shipping was included. Plan on adding the cruise ship charm in March when we go on the Fantasy.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #115
CheriRy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayloburger View Post
We are on the june 16th Fantasy Cruise. I can pick you up one (because of this thread I plan on picking up a few for my family)!
Thank you so much!!! Like you, I had so many items on my list of things to do that were recommended by this board, that I forgot all about it till the next day. Since I'm new, I don't think I'm able to private message anyone other than staff. If you could PM me, we can work out the details. I am so jealous....your cruise is right around the corner! Thanks again; you are so kind to do this for me!
CheriRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #116
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaneselover View Post
In case anyone is interested, Chamilia is running a promotion in June where if you buy $100 in beads you get a $65 snap bracelet for free. I picked two Disney beads up for my daughter to put away for her birthday at a jewelry store online (A Silver Breeze) and shipping was included. Plan on adding the cruise ship charm in March when we go on the Fantasy.
ican't find this on their site. is it hidden on their site somewhere?
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #117
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
ican't find this on their site. is it hidden on their site somewhere?
http://www.asilverbreeze.com/chamili...a-disney-beads

I searched high and low to find a website offering this deal because I didn't want to have to hunt down the beads I wanted at an actual store. I picked the Dreams really do come true and Pink Mickey CZ gem beads which came out to $100 so I got free shipping and the free snap bracelet. When you add $100 of Chamilia beads, it automatically shows up in your cart and you pick the size. Also, I ordered it this afternoon and it has already shipped.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #118
kimkreis
Mouseketeer

Not to Be Found on Magic out of NYC

I am a Tervis addict and was So excited to get a DCL one. No such luck. I talked to a CM who said they cleared them out to make room for all of the NYC / Canada cups they added for these cruise.

Boo Hoo.

If anyone travelling soon feels like being kind and picking up a plain DCL one (haven't been lucky enough to cruise on Dream or Fantasy yet so don't want the Aquaduck one).

I would compensate you!
Paris Disney April 04 Off Site
WDW Jan 07 POFQ Reuniting with Daddy
WDW Feb 08 AS Sports becuase Daddy said we could!
DCL Apr 09 First Time Cruisin'!!
WDW Mar 10 Beach Club Spring Break
WDW Apr 11 Bye Bye Daddy Trip
DVC Vero Beach Oct 11
DCL Jun 12 NYC - Canada Cruise Momma's Birthday and Reuniting with Daddy
DCL Nov 13 Galveston Western All My Family!
kimkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #119
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaneselover View Post
http://www.asilverbreeze.com/chamili...a-disney-beads

I searched high and low to find a website offering this deal because I didn't want to have to hunt down the beads I wanted at an actual store. I picked the Dreams really do come true and Pink Mickey CZ gem beads which came out to $100 so I got free shipping and the free snap bracelet. When you add $100 of Chamilia beads, it automatically shows up in your cart and you pick the size. Also, I ordered it this afternoon and it has already shipped.
thanks for posting this site. i to went to it today and got really good deals. ordered a birthstone for my dgd, i put a gift in a box every year for her to open on her 21'st bday. got her the chamilla bracelet from the ship for this years bday so we are one bday ahead, which is always good. i got several stoppers for me as well as a fairly charm, also for me. i received the free bracelet which will go to my d-in-law for xmas, a free cleaning cloth and a chamilla catalogue free as well. there was no tax as i am canadian so don't pay the ny tax. free shipping which surprised me as, again, i live in canada. usually we pay double. really really good deal if your looking for any of that BUT it is over june 30. i also had to phone my order in as their system will not take canadian orders over the internet as yet.
oh, and the prices were a bit less than i would pay in my local stores.
thanks again!
how long did it take to get your order? they said mine mailed today as well and wondering how long i should expect for it.
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #120
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I had great CM on the Wonder. I had bought the pink QZ at Vero in Oct and sometime between Oct and March one side of it came out. The manager of the gift shop gave me a brand new one. So they have great CS. On the Dream and Wonder I got the cruise ship charm and Donald. Also if you are gold and above you can get a discount on it too.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: