Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #616
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

ok, my turn for a mini rant about something really childish...

Some of you may have been aware that DH and I were expecting a baby earlier this year, but unfortunately lost it within the 1st trimester. We're ok, happens to a lot of people, no big deal. However we secretly always spoke about wanting a boy, and one of the main reasons was because it would be the first grandson on his mum's side.

Anyhoo, we've just found out his brother and his wife are expecting a baby boy, so there goes that Like I said, it's no big deal, it's pretty childish and nothing we could do to change it, but it's just one of those things where you want to say poo bum fart head...
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #617
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post

Some of you may have been aware that DH and I were expecting a baby earlier this year, but unfortunately lost it within the 1st trimester. We're ok, happens to a lot of people, no big deal. However we secretly always spoke about wanting a boy, and one of the main reasons was because it would be the first grandson on his mum's side.

Anyhoo, we've just found out his brother and his wife are expecting a baby boy, so there goes that Like I said, it's no big deal, it's pretty childish and nothing we could do to change it, but it's just one of those things where you want to say poo bum fart head...
poo bum fart head..yep that sums it up......
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #618
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:

i'm the eldest of the three of us, and i've had a lot of issues. earlier this year, i was diagnosed with PCOS and told my chances of conceiving... very low. very low indeed. i always wanted to give my parents their first grandchild.

a month later, my SIL who is 6 yrs younger than me announces she's pregnant. joy for her, but there went my tiny speck of hope of making that happen. i get what you're going through.

poo bum wee fart head indeed

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #619
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

poo bum wee fart head bugger poop
Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #620
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Not childish at all! I think you're fully entitled to a bit of swearing of the poo, bum, wee,fart variety!!

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #621
BecBennett

Poo
Bum
Wee
Fart Head

Old 06-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #622
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Rant away it does not sound childish at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
i'm the eldest of the three of us, and i've had a lot of issues. earlier this year, i was diagnosed with PCOS and told my chances of conceiving... very low. very low indeed. i always wanted to give my parents their first grandchild.

a month later, my SIL who is 6 yrs younger than me announces she's pregnant. joy for her, but there went my tiny speck of hope of making that happen. i get what you're going through.

poo bum wee fart head indeed
are you taking anything for the PCOS? The stuff from the naturopath has really helped me. On the conceiving bit have a friend with a very happy 6 month old she changed her diet lost weight and after 2 years of trying so don't give up it can and does happen.

I guess now would be a good time to admit that when DH's brothers whatever you want to call her was pregnant we were praying she would have a boy both times we have the oldest grandson and wanted the oldest granddaughter as well there were other reasons as well relating to nasty things MIL had said to us as well so in my way of thinking your both completely normal in your feelings doesn't sound childish at all
Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #623
australiankaren

ahhhhhhh...family.

so how long til Christmas..

me not having good day..maybe its the weather...this LOL cat has lost her LOL today
Old 06-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #624
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer

Whilst we're all having a whinge...

All through our childhood, my sister and I used to talk about when we had kids what their names would be. My first baby was to be a girl and I would name her Paige. Guess who had a baby girl first and guess what her name is?

B**c*!

I was a bit peeved when I first found out (ok, I was spitting chips), but one look at that beautiful baby and I fell in love. Still a bit narky with sister though
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #625
BecBennett

Actually DH's step mum tells us the same story. Was always going to name her baby Courtney, and then her brother had a baby girl and named it Courtney.

Didn't phase her too much, when the time came for her to have a baby girl she still named her Courtney, so now there are just cousins with the same first name
Old 06-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #626
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I love a good rant

Totally understand, given that I have not had a serious bf since high school I always get paranoid that my younger (almost 14 yr old) sister will have kids before me, which to be honest I'd be gutted ...annoys me most when Dad jokes saying she will have the first grandchild because my older brother and I don't have serious relationships happening ohh the joys of families hey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromOz View Post
All through our childhood, my sister and I used to talk about when we had kids what their names would be. My first baby was to be a girl and I would name her Paige. Guess who had a baby girl first and guess what her name is?

B**c*!

I was a bit peeved when I first found out (ok, I was spitting chips), but one look at that beautiful baby and I fell in love. Still a bit narky with sister though
Exactly the same with my gf and her SIL! My gf has always loved Paige and her older brother and his wife then had a daughter- Paige

Her and her partner haven't started trying for kids but beside the point! She always says given its her SIL it doesn't upset her as much as if it had been one of her older sisters lol Who knows what they'll do if they ever have a daughter, they may just use it there would be a decent age gap between them

Upside to today: 1 exam down, 2 university supervised lessons down and 1 exam to go tomorrow then only 11 days to get through of prac

Also made my day to pay $1.17 for E10 petrol thanks to a 0.12c off vocher at Shell, saved me $4.20 odd have not had petorl that cheap in quite a few years!
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #627
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

re the PCOS -- just hormone injections (depo) at the moment, and a low gi (where possible) diet & increased exercise... still have a long way to go. not actively trying to get pregnant right now, but still... gah...

carlo has man flu right now... oh, ok, it's bronchial pneumonia, but still.. he's a wee bit sick and i'm running around the house trying to disinfect everything he touches and every bit of air he coughs into ... it's a chore i tell ya.

don't normally watch the footy, but i feel like i have to watch tonight.

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #628
battymum
DIS Veteran

I will add, my Dad had two elder sisters get married on the same day - (so no one could attend either wedding) AND call their first borns the same name!

For what its worth, I think having the youngest grandbaby is best - my kids may as well be dead to my MIL- everytime we visit, she never fails to put a snide comment in about how loud and noisy my kids are - and she is glad it is me raising them and not her - (they are great kids - but they are twin boys! ) . Its like she sticks a knife in my heart everytime, mostly I hold my tongue, but it eats at me for days afterwards. DS came home once when he was about 10 and said "grandma only likes girls" we dont visit often after that.

It doesnt help that BIL is divorced and lives with the GP's, so DN 5 comes to live there every second weekend and gets spoilt rotten.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #629
BecBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
I will add, my Dad had two elder sisters get married on the same day - (so no one could attend either wedding) AND call their first borns the same name!
Ouch!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #630
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Wow, the dynamics of family! Thank god mine is only small.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: