Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Mmmmm pie! On my list to do in August. As is the conch place. I guess I'll fit right in since I'm a freak baby! Lol. I can see Ally's eyes when that guy was talking to her. Lol
He totally fit the part, too! Nice guy, really, and bless her heart for being polite when I know she wanted to run and hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafa View Post
OH NO!!!

This sounds familiar! Last year on our second Cabo stop, I stayed on the ship with my kids, while my brother and husband explored the bars...Cabo Wabo and Senor Frogs.

Well, the ship started moving and I had no idea where they were!! I called Guest Services and asked if they could tell me if they were ON the ship. The wonderful CM told me YES!

ONE HOUR later my husband opens the cabin door (trips over the threshold) and falls into bed. Yeah, my brother made it to dinner but my husband didn't! And my husband can usually handle his tequila. To this day, he swears someone put something in his drink!!

Hope your hubby made it back!

(love your TRs btw!!!)
I can only imagine!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Cliffhanger, c'mon you cannot make us wait tonite, Dis rules say you have to come back this minute, with an answer.
Sorry, you must wait, young grasshopper......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
Kermit's for Key Lime Pie is now on the list.

I hope Jeff made it? If he did I bet he still got "the look" for not letting you know he'd made it back in time.
There is another place that people say is "the best" called Blue Heaven. It's kind of down toward the Southernmost point (that's actually north of the southernmost point.....). But when we met Jeff's buddy, he pointed us right across the street to Kermit's.... and I can't imagine anything better than that. I do know they have several locations, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Poor bored Ally! I know you made it up to her by buying her a D&B wallet or something right? The pie looks yummy. I have never eaten a Key Lime Pie that wasn't bitter. I finally gave up.

Now I have slipped over the edge and the rocks are falling all around me....my...hands...are....slipping.... COME BACK!!!!
This pie was not bitter AT ALL! It was sweet, with just a bit of tang. Ally has now perfected her own key lime pie that actually rivals ole Kermit's..... So yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We took the trolley tour (a green and orange trolley?) on Key West. It was o.k., just something we could do with the kids. It did pass by and point out Jimmy Buffet's studio, so I guess we were on a different ride from you.

I can't remember what or where we ate, though I must have fed them something. I know we had chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick at one point.

I think I might like to visit here again, sans kids. We didn't visit any of the bars because they were with us, but I did make them go to the wine store that was a few blocks from the Port. I picked up a Key Lime Wine and a pineapple flavored wine. It was a tiny place, but the people there were nice and offered me a wine tasting of a few things which made them even nicer!
Well, it might have been the same train, but remember, between Station #3 and #4 I was thinking of #2..... so I missed a lot!

I think I could do it better without kids, too. It would be more of a pub crawl, which is not something we get to do too much these days, so it might be more of a pub stop and crawl back to the ship????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoldenh View Post
Kermit's rocks!!! We stopped at every place we could think of so that Addie could try her pie. Kermit's was her fave over all. Loved that place.

Oh Kara - you are so right about the train. It was like our trip all over again. We ended up at one stop and had to wait almost 45 minutes for a vehicle that was not packed. We ended up walking a lot - which was good considering how much key lime pie we had had.

OK I am ready to read the next installment.

Kate
Wait, it's almost like we were on the same cruise? We WERE on the same cruise!!!! Was Brian your trolley driver? Just look for the dozen or so empty Gatorade bottles in his lap.....

So which key lime pie place did you vote #1? We only had the nasty chocolate covered frozen on a stick and the delicious Kermit's!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: