Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

never thought of it that way. The chairs in the lobby just remind me of the freaky-odd decoration that a local chain of brewpubs and B&Bs out here in the Pacific NW (McMenamins) has. At their hotel in McMinnville, OR (home of a UFO festival each year) they have this one painting at the foot of the stairs on a landing that looks JUST like a depiction of Children of the Corn....

And I was pleasantly surprised by the clown pool! I was prepared to go to the quiet pool, because I'm very clown-o-phobic, but I liked the dude. Even felt sorry for him. After all, think about what slides down his tongue all day, every day....

And it's a *fabulous* slide.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #17
fall08CP
Cheesehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Also, I think it is odd that I can't get into the lobby from the stores on the boardwalk. You would think they were connected, but obviously not. They aren't really near each other.
The stores are on level 1, and the lobby is level 2. Could that be your confusion??
From any villa room, you take the elevator to level 1 and that leaves you by the gym- walk outside and you have the pool to your left, the boardwalk to your right.

I used to work at boardwalk and occasionally deliver DME documents or room bills overnight- I would walk every single floor and hallways from beginning to end on both the inn and villas. Would easily take 2 hours!
Yes, they are long hallways, but nothing compared to what you walk in the parks

I'll tell you though, walking through the villas hallways at 3am was creepy! Seeing that clown glaring through a window or a random guest walk by unexpectedly would totally catch me off guard. Loved the job and resort, but glad I've moved on
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #18
hawaiiangal
Earning My Ears

Um, yeah - no thanks. That creepy clown pool is enough to keep me away.
hawaiiangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #19
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
never thought of it that way. The chairs in the lobby just remind me of the freaky-odd decoration that a local chain of brewpubs and B&Bs out here in the Pacific NW (McMenamins) has. At their hotel in McMinnville, OR (home of a UFO festival each year) they have this one painting at the foot of the stairs on a landing that looks JUST like a depiction of Children of the Corn....

And I was pleasantly surprised by the clown pool! I was prepared to go to the quiet pool, because I'm very clown-o-phobic, but I liked the dude. Even felt sorry for him. After all, think about what slides down his tongue all day, every day....

And it's a *fabulous* slide.
Hey, the hotel from the movie is in Oregon! Coincidence? I think not.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #20
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
I have stayed at all the deluxe hotels at WDW, and frankly speaking I really don't see where the hallways at BWI are any longer or more confusing than those at the BC or YC, for example. It all depends where your room is in relation to the elevators. If you want a long walk, how about going from the Tahiti building at the Poly to the GCH. WDW should run buses because that is one long walk. Or, try walking from Coach Key at the GF to the lobby of the hotel. Both are not fun to do, particularly if it's raining outside.
I wouldn't say it is the long walk. I would say it is the narrow hallways, not many views to the outside, hidden stairwells, and when you find the stair cases the stairwells look like closets or utility areas that lead to odd places.

I stayed on the villa side facing the clown pool, so maybe the Inn side was different.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #21
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I wouldn't say it is the long walk. I would say it is the narrow hallways, not many views to the outside, hidden stairwells, and when you find the stair cases the stairwells look like closets or utility areas that lead to odd places.

I stayed on the villa side facing the clown pool, so maybe the Inn side was different.
The stairs are fire escapes, they aren't supposed to be pretty. I was in 3001 last month, which is the last room next to Jellyrolls. We used the stairs across the hall, they lead to the path by the canal for a quick exit.

I've stayed there 10 to 15 times and have never had an issue. No different than walking long distances from bus stops at larger resorts.

Amazing views from the boardwalk view villas:

Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #22
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

I've now stayed at 8 WDW resorts, and by far, the Boardwalk is my favorite, but I have to agree about the long hallways and lack of elevators. On our trip last summer, we were lucky enough to get a CL room facing the boardwalk roughly upstairs from the Arcade. It did seem humorous to have to walk a good distance to the hub of the building, ride the elevator down, and then walk all the way back past our room (only now on the boardwalk itself) to get to Epcot. An exit from the inn near ESPN would be perfection!
Scott MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
Disney Fool

The name says it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I've now stayed at 8 WDW resorts, and by far, the Boardwalk is my favorite, but I have to agree about the long hallways and lack of elevators. On our trip last summer, we were lucky enough to get a CL room facing the boardwalk roughly upstairs from the Arcade. It did seem humorous to have to walk a good distance to the hub of the building, ride the elevator down, and then walk all the way back past our room (only now on the boardwalk itself) to get to Epcot. An exit from the inn near ESPN would be perfection!
Exactly!!! I stayed in the club room near the end of the hall and I kept looking for an exit that would put me near the ESPN club, but I couldn't find one. It was very frustrating. Once, I ended up at a quiet pool where those villas with the mailboxes and picket fences are. I was totally disoriented. Cool area though. But I must say, the Boardwalk long hallways would have to go some to beat the Dolphin hallways. Now those hallways are torture! Just when you think you've reached the end, you turn a corner and another long hallway awaits.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #24
bcrook
DIS Veteran

The Chair...

And there is this...

One of two, both were by the fireplace this past week.

Steve Russo has a great review at Mouseplanet.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #25
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Someone thinks this is scary?
Every time I see it all I can think is that it looks just like the big Clown Demon from Steven King's "It"!!

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #26
MSUmom
MSU mom

My family stayed there in March. We were 3 rooms down from the elevator and didn't have any problem. It was a wonderful room and we had a water view studio. Our water view was the dock. It was great.

Although I will say the one day we got off the bus and where trying to take a short cut to the boardwalk and got a little lost.
MSUmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
klmall
DIS Veteran

I've walked through a few hallways at the Boardwalk; never stayed there but I think this thread title deserves an award for one of the catchiest yet! It certainly got my attention!

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
bowbat
DIS Veteran

We had no problem finding our way around at BWI & I thought the hallways were bright & cheerful, but I had the EXACT feeling as you when we stayed at WL. As in, I told my husband, "This place reminds me of The Shining." Long, dark, creepy hallways (where we seriously never saw or heard anyone else...generally a good thing at a hotel, but just added to the creep factor), and even the elevators were similar looking to the ones in The Shining (albeit without waves of blood pouring out). Total creep-o-rama...and we can't wait to go back in November.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #29
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

yes, I think it is creepy....
lylone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #30
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Your gonna love VWL then.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: