Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #61
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Yay on the passports, that's a great one to check off the "To Do" list!

I'm still playing that game everyday, so nice to know somebody actually one a contest!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #62
HokieMouse
Earning My Ears

Any updates? So many of us are living vicariously through you.
HokieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #63
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post

I once wondered if perhaps we were taking them too much (once or twice a year) and then on our last trip, DD took my hand, laid her head on my shoulder and said with a sigh, "I just love being here."
I'm almost positive that I have done this to DH.

Congratulations on your big win!!!!! It's a major award!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #64
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Awesome that you won! Hope you & your family have a "Magical" time!

I had not played this game before, so I just went & tried it. I think I'm hooked!

I'll be checking back to hear the rest of your story.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #65
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMouse View Post
Any updates? So many of us are living vicariously through you.
I'm back! Update to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
I'm almost positive that I have done this to DH.

Congratulations on your big win!!!!! It's a major award!!!!!
Thank you. We are so very excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Awesome that you won! Hope you & your family have a "Magical" time!

I had not played this game before, so I just went & tried it. I think I'm hooked!

I'll be checking back to hear the rest of your story.
Yes, there should be a warning on the game. Highly addictive. I still play every day. It's just a lot of fun. Today I got the very last upgrade for the current game.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #66
eyor44
DIS Veteran

My apologies for being gone so long. We had the end of school and then I took DD to Disney World for a long weekend. When we got back we had extra dance practices (for both of us) getting ready for our dance recital. Now the recital is over and my life suddenly has free time again.

Update on the cruise front.
When we arrived home from Disney mine and DD's passports had arrived. The next day DS' arrived. 3 down and one to go. We immediately began giving DH a hard time that he might not be able to go. The kids had a good time with that one. Every day he would check the mail, and check and check. Finally just last week, the last passport arrived. One more thing checked off the list.

Today I received our flight information. I had been told that at 45 days out I would receive an email with the flight information, but the 45 day mark came and went and no flights.

Sorry, time to take a break. DH just came in and said that we have bad weather coming. We are going to go out and pick stuff up and take down the awning. Be back in a few.

Last edited by eyor44; 06-11-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #67
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

You should post a picture from recital. My DD and I had ours June 2nd & 3rd! I do tap and jazz, how about you ?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #68
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
We have cruised on the Magic 3 times...LOVE it! Be sure to check out the "secret sun deck"...Deck 7 all the way aft...nice when its a little too windy up on the pool deck.
Be sure to go to your cruise meet board and get to know some fellow cruisers! The Magic is small enough that you will encounter the same people OFTEN!
You are going to have a BLAST! Congrats!
Thanks for the info. I have noticed the space that isn't identified anywheres and wondered what it was. I do hope to be able to meet a few fellow Disers. I have joined an FE group. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
so great that the gift cards were just a surprise perk!!! We are headed to the post office for passports tomorrow for our August cruise. We had our pictures done at Costco for $5 a person! Glad that is all taken care of for you. I love reading your updates, and I'm so glad you are doing a PTR, and that you won! So happy for you. Glad all the coupon sharing karma has come back to you.
Thanks cjnix! Did you get your passports applied for? Makes things seem so much more real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
WOOHOOO!!!!!!! and now with passports you can rest asured
We do now have passports in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear luvs grumpy View Post
Your excitement is contagious. You really seem like the type of person that deserves this trip. Keep it up. You are helping me be okay with the fact that I can't sail again until 2015. I may speak for others also but I am living through you right now so enjoy it as much as you can so all of us can! But hey no pressure.
Thank you so much. I will do my best to be as descriptive as possible for everyone to share in the Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Fantastic news, you will LOVE the Magic! You will be posting lots of pictures in your post report, yes? I love detailed Disers, so much the better!!
Yes, pictures will come. I have a new pack of batteries to take along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready to go View Post
I am so happy for you but....so jealous LOL. We went on the Wonder last year (our first cruise) and I have to say I am hooked. A cruise vacation is so different from the parks in a completely relaxing way. I really hope you enjoy it and I am thrilled for you!!!! When we went on our cuise last year I was a nut on getting information-you might want to try getting the Passporter's Ninth Edition on the Cruiseline. It was invaluable and really built up the excitement!!!!
I just ordered the Passport today. I looked for it at the bookstore this weekend and all I found was the Birnbaum Guide. I ordered the Passport off of Amazon and also a Hidden Mickey Book. We love searching for Hidden Mickeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
OMG how exciting. Maybe it is worth it to sign up for some of these things!
It is. I only played cause I loved the game. I never thought in a million years that I had a chance to win. Just shows that you never know.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #69
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
You should post a picture from recital. My DD and I had ours June 2nd & 3rd! I do tap and jazz, how about you ?
I do jazz and lyrical. This year our adult jazz dance was to Business of Love and the lyrical was a Mother/Daughter dance to Perfect Fan.

DD does jazz, lyrical, tap, hip hop and tumbling.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #70
eyor44
DIS Veteran

'Kay, I'm back. Got DD in the shower, ran outside to help DH take the awning down (it ripped), bring the chairs on the back porch and put all the plants by the back of the house. Called DS and told him to come straight home from work and DH got his fire gear ready. (He's a first responder) Got everything stashed then came back in and checked the weather again. Seems the system is dying down a bit. Oh well, we're ready.

Back to the flights update.
I didn't want to be pushy, so I decided to wait a few days. People can get busy, but today I decide I had waited long enough. I call the air department and spoke to a very nice lady named Lynn. Seems I had been told wrong about the 45 day mark. At 45 days the flights are booked, but not automatically sent out. She verified my information and emailed the information right to me. Then she noticed that I had won the cruise. She got excited and asked me questions about it. She was so nice. She had just been on the Dream and was able to answer a few questions for me.

We got the departure flights we wanted out of New Orleans. 6:00am but it gets in at 10:00am and is a direct flight. Lynn explained to me what to do at the airport. For those flying into New York she said you have to get your bags and take them to the Disney transportation area. They'll take them from you there and take them to the ship.
She also said that our package containing more info and our luggage tags had been mailed out this past Thursday. We should have them in a few days.

It was great talking to Lynn and I was surprised that she took the time. She was so patient answering my questions and seemed really excited for me.

Only 39 more days!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #71
poohbear luvs grumpy
Mouseketeer

You were missed. It's good to hear from you again.
poohbear luvs grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #72
lundve
DIS Veteran

How awesome is your story!!

lundve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #73
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

So excited for you! Just saw this thread and read every page...sooooooo exciting! Glad to know a fellow Dis'er won! We love hearing all your details! Enjoy every little moment, this one is gonna be a great memory! You're gonna love the MAGIC! We took our first last year, and loved it!

'93 off-site WDW, '94 CBR May & Oct., '98 CBR, '01 CBR, '04 CBR, '05 Peabody, '06 Pop, '06 Embassy Suites, '08 CBR, '09 CBR, '10 CBR, '11 Oct Disney Magic, '12 May CBR, '13 Sept Disney Wonder, Planning for 2015 EBTA!
sullins5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #74
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

its takes a special person to be a disney cast member! thats awesome that she was able to answer some questions. cant wait to do the document dance with ya LOL. Ohh speaking of passports I think our expire soon (or the kids I believe..) need to renew them thanks for the reminder.. LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #75
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear luvs grumpy View Post
You were missed. It's good to hear from you again.
Thank you. I'm very happy to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundve View Post
How awesome is your story!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullins5 View Post
So excited for you! Just saw this thread and read every page...sooooooo exciting! Glad to know a fellow Dis'er won! We love hearing all your details! Enjoy every little moment, this one is gonna be a great memory! You're gonna love the MAGIC! We took our first last year, and loved it!
Thanks! You are right, this is going to be some awesome memories. I'm still having trouble processing the fact that this is really happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
its takes a special person to be a disney cast member! thats awesome that she was able to answer some questions. cant wait to do the document dance with ya LOL. Ohh speaking of passports I think our expire soon (or the kids I believe..) need to renew them thanks for the reminder.. LOL
Lynn is definitly a special person. And that she got so happy for me and wanted to hear about it. I love it when CMs take a minute to chat, there are some great ones out there. Welcome on the reminder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: