Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
D1sneyfam1ly
Earning My Ears

ART or Toy Story Parking Lot Tram???

We will be staying at The Anaheim Marriot, on Convention Way, on our next trip. We have always stayed close enough to walk but I have heard that the Marriot might be a little far to walk especially with a three year old. We are new to the shuttle scene so what do you like better . . . Walking across the street to the Toy Story Shuttle or waiting at an ART stop? I would appreciate your honest opinions.

Thanks
D1sneyfam1ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Honestly save your money and do the Toy Story tram! I'm assuming the ART is closer (never taken it from there), but TS is maybe a 10 minute walk from there and they come MUCH more frequently like every 5 mins vs the ART, which I cant remember but every 15-20 mins IIRC. And someone will correct me if I'm wrong of course.

But yeah the TS tram is really good if you dont mind a bit more walking to the stop. And GREAT at night!

Last edited by fctiger; 06-07-2012 at 09:46 PM.
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Hello D1sneyfam1ly,

We are staying across the street from you at the Best Western Raffles Inn and after doing a google maps search, we are going to take the parking lot tram instead of the ART.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1sneyfam1ly View Post
We will be staying at The Anaheim Marriot, on Convention Way, on our next trip. We have always stayed close enough to walk but I have heard that the Marriot might be a little far to walk especially with a three year old. We are new to the shuttle scene so what do you like better . . . Walking across the street to the Toy Story Shuttle or waiting at an ART stop? I would appreciate your honest opinions.

Thanks
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Ok OP, I was at the park today for a reason on a different matter and parked in the Toy Story parking lot! And when I came back from the park, I decided to take a stroll from the parking lot to Sheraton and it honestly took me 5-6 mins tops, from the drop off/pick up area to Sheratons main lobby! Yeah VERY fast! Now I'm somewhat of a fast walker, but honestly even if you add a few minutes, it will still be less than 10 from the lobby. And I did see the shuttle stop at Sheraton as well. Obviously very close, like right outside the lobby door BUT A. I never seen it come the 20 mins I was at Sheraton although it couldve came the mins I was indoors and B. Something I didnt think about but you will probably be making quite a few stops at other hotels before you even get to DLR. TS shuttle, its a straight shot, 5 mins there, busses ALWAYS leaving every few mins and most importantly its FREE!!!

So its a no-brainer, at least for me when I stay there this week!
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Great info fctiger! Thanks for posting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctiger View Post
Ok OP, I was at the park today for a reason on a different matter and parked in the Toy Story parking lot! And when I came back from the park, I decided to take a stroll from the parking lot to Sheraton and it honestly took me 5-6 mins tops, from the drop off/pick up area to Sheratons main lobby! Yeah VERY fast! Now I'm somewhat of a fast walker, but honestly even if you add a few minutes, it will still be less than 10 from the lobby. And I did see the shuttle stop at Sheraton as well. Obviously very close, like right outside the lobby door BUT A. I never seen it come the 20 mins I was at Sheraton although it couldve came the mins I was indoors and B. Something I didnt think about but you will probably be making quite a few stops at other hotels before you even get to DLR. TS shuttle, its a straight shot, 5 mins there, busses ALWAYS leaving every few mins and most importantly its FREE!!!

So its a no-brainer, at least for me when I stay there this week!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: