Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #3136
CTPacky

DIS Veteran

All the rooms at CBR have mini fridges.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #3137
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Thanks for all the information. We are trying to decide where our next stay will be.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #3138
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

You are right cruise...no lunch offered at garden grill. And teppan Edo only has a 1:30 opening for lunch....I don't think we can handle that at 1:30 then GG at 5:30.....so....darn!! I guess I will go over to the restaurant thread and ask for some suggestions to TS lunches. Or just search all the parks for an 11:30 lunch and see if we are in that park that day for lunch. Bummer....guess I'm going to be cancelling that 5:30 at Teppan.

But I think the food court the first night for dinner WILL be the way to go. Thanks everyone for that one!!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #3139
tink20
DIS Veteran

Back from a week stay at CBR. LOVED it. Had great bus service, ate in the food court more than I planned (due to all the rain) and enjoyed the food. DS loved the pool. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. Housekeeping was excellent, one day she put fresh cut flowers in our room. It was quiet, never heard any noise from other guests. We would definitely stay here again.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #3140
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran

We just got back last night. Having withdrawals already!

Another great stay at CBR. Never waited longer than 20 mins for a bus. The grounds are beautiful as usual.

Only had one extremely crowded night at the food court and I'm sure that was due to all the rain.

My son loved the big slide at the main pool. We used the main pool only two days and it wasn't too crowded.

My resort invoice was e-mailed to me yesterday morning - never got a paper copy on the door. Which is fine with me, but at first I kept looking on the door waiting for it since an in room message on the phone said the bill would be on the door by 8:00 am. If you can't access e-mail, you may want to request a paper copy.

The mini fridge worked great - froze my protein shakes!

So hoping to make it back next year! My 12 yo is on the autism spectrum and he told me last night "Disney World is my favorite home" It does feel like home at the CBR!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #3141
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbertdave99 View Post
I agree with Momof2Disneyboys -- the Food Court at CBR in Old Port Royale is great - we love it. I love getting the food and then eating at one of the tables just outside Old Port Royale and feeling the breeze, watching out over the marina.... can't wait to do that in just 6 more days!!

OPR is DS13's favorite place in all of WDW!!

YAY for 6 DAYS!!! Have a great trip!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #3142
Sommer76
Earning My Ears

First Stay at CBR

My family and I (me, DH, twin DDs4) arrived home last night from an 8 night stay at CBR. It was our first time staying at the resort and we loved it! Its our favorite resort now (also stayed at BC and POFQ). Our girls loved the pirate ship water play area and we all loved Old Port Royale. We had great bus service and great service from the resort. All in all a wonderful vacation and we are definitely looking forward to staying here again!!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #3143
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer76 View Post
My family and I (me, DH, twin DDs4) arrived home last night from an 8 night stay at CBR. It was our first time staying at the resort and we loved it! Its our favorite resort now (also stayed at BC and POFQ). Our girls loved the pirate ship water play area and we all loved Old Port Royale. We had great bus service and great service from the resort. All in all a wonderful vacation and we are definitely looking forward to staying here again!!
We just got home last night also. Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are so hooked on the CBR that we never stay anywhere else

Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #3144
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Counting down the days to our trip. Can't wait.

Does anyone have a trip report that I can read while I am waiting for the days to pass? I tried searching, but it so hard weeding through all the reports, so many just seem to mention it or drive by it.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #3145
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
Counting down the days to our trip. Can't wait.

Does anyone have a trip report that I can read while I am waiting for the days to pass? I tried searching, but it so hard weeding through all the reports, so many just seem to mention it or drive by it.
The link to my pre-trip report is in my signature below. I'll be starting my trip report tomorrow and will be posting the link in my pre-trip report. We stayed at the CBR two days prior to our cruise, cruised on the Disney Dream, then went back to the CBR for six nights. I'll have tons of CBR pictures in the report. I'd love for you to come on over and join in on the fun.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #3146
MSierra123
Earning My Ears

Thank you to everyone who has returned from their stay at CBR and posted so many wonderful things about the resort. I enjoy reading them and it is getting me so ready for our trip in August.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #3147
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The link to my pre-trip report is in my signature below. I'll be starting my trip report tomorrow and will be posting the link in my pre-trip report. We stayed at the CBR two days prior to our cruise, cruised on the Disney Dream, then went back to the CBR for six nights. I'll have tons of CBR pictures in the report. I'd love for you to come on over and join in on the fun.
Perfect. I'll come on over. I can't wait to read about your trip.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #3148
netnurse31
Some people care too much, I think it's called love. -- Winnie the Pooh

But I guess the better question I need to research is....and I know I've read the answer someplace...can we use a TS as a QS?

Yes, you can! Just go to the front desk and ask them to convert your credits. We did it once during our stay. Actually, we had QS credits converted to snacks on our last day so we could bring home snacks from DTD

Me (48):DS (23) DD(17)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #3149
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by netnurse31 View Post
B

Yes, you can! Just go to the front desk and ask them to convert your credits. We did it once during our stay. Actually, we had QS credits converted to snacks on our last day so we could bring home snacks from DTD
do you even have to "convert them"? We had a TS credit left that we weren't going to use so when we got our QS meal at the food court we just told the cashier to use the TS credit and she did......
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #3150
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Thank you for letting me know about using the TS as a QS. I got it all squared away to use a TS for a breakfast in Epcot (Akershus) since Epcot is a great "nit-pick" kinda place on food, I thought for our lunch we will just pay for it and then have our garden grill TS dinner. Thank you for letting me know though.

Here is one more question.....What type of "snack credit" goodies can be purchased at CBR that would travel well on a plane ride home? Just wondering, incase our last day we have a few extra credits and are already back at the hotel when we realize it. Thanks!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: