Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

OHHH MS SHUTTERGIRL - I forgot!! Toy Story is right!! Be Our Guest is meant to be open by the time we are there!! I have kept a couple of nights free in my calendar (including my MVMCP night) to try and snare a booking as soon as they load it up!!

And I was gonna say re: Tidbinbilla - compare the size of their moon rock to KSC's offering
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCAustralia View Post
I am sorry for causing confusion, but I found easyWDW so good for my last trip and I am using it for my next trip so I thought it best to recommend it.

I was a huge fan of Touring Plans (actually the Unofficial Guide as it used to be known) and in fact still have the 2000 edition and 2008 edition books as reference. They were a fantastic help in all aspects of our earlier trips, not just the parks and the restaurants but accomodation, travel times etc. Unfortunately, as they became more popular and particularly as they enhanced their website I found that they became more about the money and exact figures and less like the book I had come to know.

Early last year I stumbled accross easywdw.com and as I explored the website I found it to be a fantastic resource. In particular, the day to day guides are fantastic even though I occasionally disagree with a particular detail or recommendation.

Having now used the website for about a year I can tell you that easywdw typically comes out on top in a head to head comparison with Touring Plans and he sometimes even shows how wrong Touring Plans can get it, often as a result of them being too focused on statistics.

In conclusion, do not worry too much about which is right, if they conflict simply read the reasons on easywdw and see if they make sense to you and fit with your overall plan.
No, thank you for putting me onto easywdw. I have to say that I thought their reasoning for why they recommended certain parks and why they didn't made alot of sense to me from what I know of WDW and from our previous experience. TouringPlans worked well for us last time but in their recommendations they don't really explain why so the Easywdw does and it just rings very true to me. So I've mainly followed them in my new schedule with a double check at what Touring Plans were saying as a back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story View Post
Mrs Shuttergirl - have you thought about any of the new dining places as part of the Fantasyland extension?
To be honest I hadn't thought of that. I would love to go to Be Our Guest. We were planning on wandering into MK on the last evening in town for a last hoorah so I'm going to set that night aside to try and get a reservation if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider View Post
OHHH MS SHUTTERGIRL - I forgot!! Toy Story is right!! Be Our Guest is meant to be open by the time we are there!! I have kept a couple of nights free in my calendar (including my MVMCP night) to try and snare a booking as soon as they load it up!!

And I was gonna say re: Tidbinbilla - compare the size of their moon rock to KSC's offering
Do you know when Be Our Guest ADR's will open up ?

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #33
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Revised touring and adr plan in the first post

Okay so after days more going backwards and forewards on this I have completely redone our touring plan and adr's.

I'm happy with where things have landed at this point in time. We would like to add the Candlelight Processional dining package in when that time comes so I have allowed enough flexibility to include that if I need to. Gosh this was hard.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #34
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider View Post
Having done several trips I am now less worried about time in the parks and now everything is about the meals! (hmmm they don't have an overstuffed porky emoticon)

So booking my meals is one of the first things I decide.

People are so different in their tastes - hard to judge. (although I prefer 50's Prime Time to Sci Fi and the food is way better at Yak and Yeti - but Tusker House meals is the easiest way to see the characters. I do avoid Chef Mickey now). I agree with a couple of others - bfast at 1900 is great! good food - with a few unique dishes - and great character interaction

re: the candlelight processional - I will be going for the first time this year and I am just going to take one of my Epcot bookings and turn it into a processional package. I would imagine that NPH is a popular narrator - but then again I really dislike queuing - and if I was gonna buy dinner anyway - well - it seems too easy to me. You also get an Illuminations viewing area - which may be something you want.

Anyone who has done CP - did you see the Illuminations special area? was it any good?

Finally - have you been out to the Deep Space Centre at Tidbinbilla? I would recommend doing this just before your trip. Will get the kids started on space stuff. I've done 2 tours at the DSC and found it fascinating - and some parts are better than KSC. Their shows in theatrette are great with some amazing photos! Both are NASA - so they are kind of similar - except KSC has all the rockets. I did a KSC tour and was glad to do so. got some extra bits not otherwise accessible.
Sugarglider, I meant to reply earlier...

We did the dinner package for the CP with Coral Reed. It was a bit of blur as one of the girls had diarrhoea after dinnner and so half of us lined up for the CP after dinner and 2 of us had to go clean the child up and buy clean undies and pants! But we did have to line up even with the dining package. From memory it was 30-45 min before hand. We sat towards the back but midline. We still had a good view of the stage and the sound was fine.

It was also very cold that night...at the end of the show, my youngest had a poo in his bum. So we had to change that, and by the time we finished, we had missed the rush to get to the special viewing area. Illuminations had started while we were still walking.

From memory, it was close to the big christmas tree so a decent spot. But please check on the other subforums as we had had a long day and we were tired so I didn't pay a lot of attention to where things were that night. We watched the fireworks as we walked along and just managed to get out before the crowds dispersed after Illuminations.
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: