Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #91
Alysa
DIS Veteran

What cute pictures!
At Wilderness take the boat - the line looks long at the end of the day but they fit a surprising number of people on. I don't know what it is at the Crystal Palace but that Piglet must be the one we had too. So sweet and gentle. Your daughter will love the Cub Care. My girl made a best friend there she still talks about!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #92
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Thanks

She has all of a sudden changed her mind about going to the Cub's Den now. While I admit I kind of had a feeling I should go with the original plan of resting by the pool that evening, for my own sake, part of me didn't like her attitude. When I asked her if she'd changed her mind about the rides, she said "Oh No, I just want to stay with the family."

Granted she has had some separation anxiety crop up at times since her father's death. I'm not going to make a federal case of it as she has made her share of sacrifices for our family and it's just a couple of rides. Well, that and I get to keep the $50 it would have cost me if she'd stayed until 8:30. I'll have to figure out something to do for myself.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #93
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Princess Time, a two part day

Part 1

This day will start early. The goal is to take the bus to Magic Kingdom and arrive 30 minutes prior to rope drop. I'm going to pack some morning snacks to keep us busy during the wait. This is our last MK day of the trip, so we'll try to go back to do our favorites. First on the agenda is a couple of meet and greets we haven't done before that dd wanted to do and that ds will hopefully enjoy. I want to meet Frontier Land Donald. His line is always super long so we're going to head there at rope drop. I've read he is out at 9:15. This is also the alternate day to meet Rapunzel so if we don't get to her on the first day, we may have to settle for all of the other Donalds we'll see on the trip.

Dd's attire for the morning will probably give you some idea of the other character we will make our way to during the rope drop power walk.

I'll actually be getting in on the act. I found this in Shadowryter's file blank and thought it was super cute, so I downloaded it and put the letters and numbers in. Ariel is one of dd's favorites and this will look adorable with the skirt she just got.

I've read it is best to get to her line by 9:30 though to make her 10am set, so hopefully we are near the front for Donald.

After that, the plan is to go around and do some of our favorite attractions again and just do some relaxed touring until midday. Then we'll head back to the resort to get ready for part 2. I'll send dd into the bathroom to wash up, while I put these out.

Part 2

I have not decided whether I want to put the dress on her in the room or not. I heard the boutique has been so busy in the afternoon there was no room for girls who brought dresses in the dressing room. I really would rather she change there though. I am going to wash up and put on my attire for the evening though.

I'm thinking we'll head back over in time to see the 3:00 parade. It's my favorite parade and this will be our last chance to see it. I'm hoping to get a spot near Adventure Land across the street from the castle, making it easy for us to get over there after it's over. It's near the spot where I took this last October.

Hopefully BBB isn't running behind, but I did leave 2.5 hours between dd's makeover and our reservation at CRT. I'm hoping though to have time to take the photos and get a picture of her on the carousel. I'm excited for this. It's right up her alley.

I haven't decided what I'm going to eat at CRT yet. Any recommendations?

After CRT, we're going to say our good-byes to MK and head back to the resort. Got more early morning princess time planned for the next day.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #94
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Day 5, part 1: More Princess Time

Hopefully we can get out of CRT and get back for some rest. We are getting up early the next day. I'll put this out before I go to bed.

I'm hoping the princess hair survives the night. That dress is another etsy.com purchase. I should join a support group. I think it's perfect for breakfast and some touring afterwards in the summer. I'll just let her wear a camisol and a pair of shorts underneath.

I'll dress ds in a regular outfit. As for me, I dowloaded a princess themed name fill that says "mama" I'll be ironing on to a t-shirt. I really liked the Princess interaction at Akershus the last time. We did lunch though and I didn't like my meal very much. It was all I could get though after I made all of my reservations for 2 people not knowing I had to count my ds who was an infant on baby food at the time. I didn't leave hungry as the appetizers on the buffet were really good. I did eat my chicken. The rice pilaf underneath...less than meh, but it was foreign food I wasn't used to. Still, we had fun and it was lunch when I don't eat much anyway. Here are some shots from then.

Waiting outside after checking in:

With Belle: She complimented dd on her dress and called ds her little teacup.

More Princess time:

Ds getting some princess time. In the 2nd shot, she's asking dd if she can have ds for her collection.

She wasn't the first one to ask dd for ds. Later she asked me why everyone wanted him. Anyway, she politely said no, so Ariel kissed him and left. He looks so proud of his lipstick mark.

After breakfast, we'll take some time to see part of Epcot we missed the first time. More on that in the next post.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #95
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
I have thought about doing this. What kept me from doing it on our first trip was a fear the hotel would do something nuts with the package or it not getting there on time or it getting their early. I figure at least they are expecting that Garden Grocer order, and I could put in the date I wanted it delivered. I have read of several people who did it, but I was nervous about ordering online something like I do when I shop online from here.

So, do you just give them the address of the hotel when you order? Do you put some type of special instructions at the time you place the order?

I was actually considering packing either his pull-ups or his swim diapers and night-time diapers. It comes out even on Garden Grocer whether I order the pull-ups and pack the swim diapers and night time diapers or whether I order the swim diapers and night-time diapers and pack the pull-ups.

Ordering from Wal-Mart is very tempting with their $0.97 shipping.
i see you got better information on this- but it did work well for me. i just timed it to get there i think 2 days ahead.

Quote:

I know it has been a long road. This has been a long road for us and this year has been really challenging for sure. I ended up giving up extra activities because her homework was taking up so much time, but I really want her to have something to do with her body and her energy. She loves to dance and I feel it is a gift she has, but I think her self-esteem has been hit to much she doesn’t want to take lessons. But I watch her even choreographing her own routines to songs when they come on and think of how she might enjoy a chance to nurture that gift and make friends and such. I’m grateful school is finally over and we can do some other things.

The meeting did go well and everyone was receptive to my requests for accommodations for her. I want to keep her in private school because it is what she is used to and because of the smaller environment. They are willing to implement the same program the therapist recommended and the tutor will be using and have their staff train on it and other methods the therapist recommended. I’m grateful for everyone’s receptiveness so far. I came with a list of 12 accommodation/modification requests for her ranging from a seat the front of the class to lesson plans being sent home to a reduced/adjusted spelling list to the option of using voice recognition software and taking some tests orally and everyone was open. I’m hopeful. She’s been there a long time. She started in the daycare and went straight into the elementary school and is totally resistant to any change. Everyone agrees that especially after everything else she has been through we want to make every effort to accommodate her there.

I wish you the best as you move forward with your little girl.
I don't know much about your particular IEP elements, but i'm grateful that everyone is working with you!

Quote:
Last day of school.

Got 3 weeks of summer camp paid.

Paid the bills.

Did some shopping for the trip. Socks and underwear for dd. Shorts for both children, swim diapers for ds. As usual, I'll be getting my stuff last. I just needs shorts, so hopefully I'll have them before it is time to pack. People on here say WDW will be surface of the sun hot, so my office pants will be likely slightly innappropriate. I know I did the same thing before our first summer vacation. Every time we'd leave the store dd would ask when I was going to get my clothes. She would say, "Mom, your work clothes are so not right for the beach (where we went that year)." This year she tends to say, "And again (looking at the cart) nothing for yourself...really?"

Came home before going to a graduation and what was in the mailbox?

Mickey Mail!

I was surprised because I have been reading about people not getting theirs until 14 days out. But there it was, vouchers, luggage tags, travel documents, all of it.

We're really going.

yeah for mickey mail! i'm the same way- i always buy more than enough clothing for my kids and never enough for me. its just so much cuter on them!

not too much to comment on for your park days. you now what you are doing i do love the princess dress though.

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #96
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Day 5 continued: Epcot

We're going to spend the morning after breakfast exploring parts of Epcot we missed the last time.

On our first trip, the plan was to hop over to Epcot after visiting Toontown and Tomorrow Land at MK on our 3rd day (2nd full day), but I had some stomach issues. Ds gave both dd and me a virus during the trip. He puked that Monday, I puked that Tuesday and dd puked Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. So after Toontown, we ended up back at the resort. We missed Tomorrow Land and what we planned to do at Epcot. So, the plan for after Akershus is to get to the part of Epcot we had planned for that day.

Land Pavilion and Innoventions West.

We have never done this part, but based on what I read, I felt these two areas would be the best to do. The East portion didn't appear to have the same draw.

Around noon, we'll head back to the resort for some rest. We'll have been up for quite a while and I imagine we'll all need the break. My goal is to get back to Epcot around 5 or 5:30, have dinner at the Electric Umbrella, then do some exploring.

The plan for the evening revolves around the Living Seas Pavilion.

We'll ride the Nemo ride, do Turtle Talk with Crush and wander around the exhibits, which my two could just stay in for a while, particularly dd.

These were taken inside the Nemo Ride

And a couple from the Living Seas Exhibit area

At around 8:00, we'll do a diaper change and potty break, then head into World Showcase. I want to grab a snack and find a spot to see Illuminations that night. I wanted to the last time, but we'd been there most of the day and dd was ready to pack it in around 7:30 after she'd met Jasmine and Alladin in Morocco. I guess she does look a little tired.

She'd decided to keep her dress on from Akershus, which really enhanced her character meet and greets afterwards. The Mexico Donald Duck went nuts over her. He was doing the "hand over the heart" thing and walking her around like she was a real princess.

I'm hoping the long break in the middle of the day will allow us to stick around. The next day is our resort day, so I'm not worried so much about being out a little late.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #97
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Monumental Change in the Trip

Well, I've been keeping something to myself for a couple of weeks. I had some unexpected expenses that put some pressure on me regarding our trip.

Now our reservation was paid in full at the 45 day mark, but our reservation did not originally include our tickets because I was using the Military Salute
Discount on the room. I was to buy the Military Salute tickets or get the tickets from another source, but I had to buy them separately.

It wasn't looking good. Without going into too many boring details, due to some unexpected stuff coming up, I was having a hard time seeing how I was going to get the tickets in time after I paid all of the bills. I don't have credit cards for various reasons, so that was out. I tried all kinds of ways of calculating it. I thought about buying one ticket now and one ticket right before we went, all different kinds of things. Every time I thought I had it figured out, something else would come up or I'd remember another expense when I looked at the household budget again.

Still, I thought, okay, I can still pull it off, but I'll have to get the base tickets through Disney, one now and the other next payday. Then yesterday, we found out about the price increase and I was back to the drawing board. The new price without tax was more than the old price with tax. The price goes into effect tomorrow for anyone reading who hasn't booked a trip but wants to go soon.

Anyway, I was sitting downstairs with the children thinking and I started having a conversation with myself in my head. I have to have money when I come home. I have some extra bills in the summer with dd in camp and getting a tutor and speech therapy. I can only move things around so much.

I pondered in my head what would happen if I switched to a cheaper resort. I wondered if I switched to a value resort, gave up the military discount and made the reservation a full package with tickets, would the amount I had already paid cover it.

I came upstairs, got on my lap top and priced the vacation, hoping first just to see availability at All-Star Movies. That is where we stayed the last time. It priced out lower than what I had paid with preferred room, 8 day tickets and the dining plan I already had. I began to feel the weight lift from my shoulders. I realized I was going to have to give up staying at Wilderness Lodge. Oddly enough, when I first showed dd the Lodge after I booked it, she asked, "where's all the characters?" I guess everywhere lacks characters compared to All-Star Movies except AofA, but it's just as much as the deluxe resorts. Granted the Ariel rooms are not available yet. I had my reasons for wanted to stay at WL, but at this point, all this stress wasn't worth it. And with the price increase going into effect tomorrow, and our trip getting closer and closer, I felt I had to do something today.

I got on the phone, waited what seemed like forever before a very nice lady answered. When all was said and done, I was due a refund. I thought sure there would be a penalty, but she said there wasn't and since I was going to a cheaper package I was done. I added on a fridge and that was it.

I just laid down on the bed for a few minutes and took some deep breaths. I have very little room for error here as the only adult. And sometimes it stinks not having a safety net when things happen, but I can appreciate being able to make the decision that was best for us. Last thing I needed was for the trip to get here and find I was short for the tickets or had no spending money.

Perhaps we can try Wilderness Lodge on another trip. I would really love to see it decorated at Christmas. I don't think I'll ever be leaving a big part of the trip undone so late in the game again. I had just put the money aside and let it sit. Life sure has a way of laughing at your plans, but it could have been worse.

Dd showed me that when I told her about the change. I told her and she said, "We're still going right?" I said yes. She said, "okay, can we watch TV now?" So that's what we did. After all she was right. We're still going.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #98
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

I think that was a very smart decision! Sorry you wont get wilderness lodge, but i agree, a safety net is the best idea. So glad that you still get to go and got in before the prices changed!

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #99
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
I think that was a very smart decision! Sorry you wont get wilderness lodge, but i agree, a safety net is the best idea. So glad that you still get to go and got in before the prices changed!
I have felt so much better since making it too. I think it was when I was considering switching to the QS dining plan therefore cancelling all of our TS meals and cancelling dd’s BBB appointment that it hit me we should just stay somewhere else. That is the option that basically changes nothing about the trip itself except the transportation options available to us.

Had I not made the decision when I did, it still might not have worked due to the ticket price increase. I was reading on here about people buying tickets for trips 6 months to over a year away to avoid the increase and here I was stressing over getting the tickets for our trip around the corner. Now I can just do our normal vacation preparation routine with the knowledge everything is taken care of on that end.

The CM even said it. I guess she could hear the stress in my voice when I called. She said, “Well, now everything is taken care of and you and your children can relax and enjoy your vacation.” And really that is one of the things I have come to love about prepaid vacations. I never do what you call “breaking the bank”. I don’t even crack it. I like to be able to pay everybody that needs to be paid before I leave and easily pay everybody that needs to be paid when I get home. I don’t like to go away unless I can leave my bill money alone and have a cushion. It was a bit sad for me as we have been planning and looking forward to this for so long to not have joy in the process at this point.

I was thinking back to those carefree shopping trips we have right before we go away (1 before every trip) where we are picking up little $1 odds and ends so we can finish packing and how exciting it is for dd and me. Dd likes to make a game to see if the travel toiletry section will have our brand of whatever we need, stuff like that. Preparation had lost its luster in the last 3 weeks. I was supposed to finish the printed projects and the shirts in May, but my printed projects were not done. I had not printed the MK section of my journal and the coloring sheets I downloaded for dd were still in the file. I had not even started on the shirts. Since Saturday, I finished printing the activity books and my journal. Only thing left is binding.

I also did most of our shirts. We have mostly white ones, but we have a few colored ones. On Saturday, I picked up the light transfer paper (cheaper than the dark, but you have to flip your designs on the computer before printing). On Sunday, I flipped and printed all of the images for the white shirts and last night I ironed on the transfers while we watched Beauty and the Beast, which was showing on Disney channel. Ds had fun looking at the pictures naming characters and dd had fun peeling off the transfer paper once the shirt cooled down. For the most part, they turned out great. I do need to redo one of dd’s where part of the picture peeled, but out of all of the ones I did, that’s really good. I’ll probably post the pictures tomorrow night.

I know now if I have it to do over, as in a longer trip to plan, I will choose either a moderate or a value resort from the beginning. I think I will only try to do a deluxe resort if the trip is less than 5 days. Truth be told, I had often even before I started having issues, wondered if I should have chosen your old stomping ground and booked CBR for this trip. It looked like so much fun in your report. We’ll have plenty of fun at All-Star Movies. I know the children will love the pool. Dd asked me to try to get us into the Toy Story section. I told her I would try, but if not, we could still go over and see it like the last time.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #100
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Clothing projects, part 1

With new life after changing the reservation on Saturday, I went about making our t-shirts for the trip. I was supposed to have this done last month, but got behind. After all those weeks, I bought the transfer paper, flipped and printed the images, and got most of our shirts done between Saturday and last night.

Due to the heat and the designs themselves, we have a lot of white shirts, so I used "light" transfer paper. It is also cheaper than the "dark" transfer paper. Only thing to remember is to flip the image into a mirror image before printing. This is because it prints on one side and you have to flip it over onto the shirt to iron it on. I opened each image in Microsoft Paint, clicked on rotate horizontal to flip each one, renamed each one adding the word "flipped" to ensure I was opening the right copy and printed them Sunday evening.

I ironed them on last night while we were watching Beauty and the Beast on Disney Channel. Ds had fun pointing to and naming the characters on the designs. Dd got to peel off the transfer paper after the shirts cooled. I have to redo one, but I was happy with how they came out.

This one is for our World Showcase day. This is the front. The image is a quarter page in size and on the front left of the shirt.

I found this image in RustManFan’s file I think.

The back of this shirt has a Mickey and Friends themed Name fill done with each person’s name. Shadowryter did those for us.

This one is for our Garden Grill ADR. This picture was actually for a character meal autograph book, but I thought it would be cute on shirt. Dd really loves this one. It was in Chaos1cent’s file I think.

This one is for our Crystal Palace ADR. This was in Shadowryter’s file.

This one is for our evening touring the Living Seas Pavilion. The left shows the front, a quarter page size Mickey Head with Dory and Marlin. I added the 2012 to one of the ears. The other part of the image is the back, which is a Finding Nemo themed Name fill.

This one is for our Tusker House ADR and first day at Animal Kingdom. This was also in Shadowryter’s file. I put the words “Our Family Trip” at the bottom. I googled “Disney World Font” and found a site that allowed me to download it for free.

This one is for our travel day. I found this is Shadowryter’s file as well and added the words “Our Dream Come True Vacation”

A couple of shirts for ds that Shadowryter did for me.

Dd saw this one and really liked it, so I downloaded it for her.

I found the Mama name fill in Shadowryter’s file. When dd saw it, she loved it, so I requested one done with her name.

Another one of dd’s finds in Shadowryter’s file. She had a tendency to jump on the bed while I was looking through them. We’d decided to add an Ariel meet and greet. I love these.

Next weekend, I'll pick up a pack of dark fabric transfer paper for the rest of the shirts. I just have dd's Tiana shirt and shirts for ds and me to wear to Chef Mickey's. Dd has a Minnie Mouse dress.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #101
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I have continued my search for a rain coat for ds. Last time we were in Orlando, we had quite a bit of rain. We still had fun, but an ongoing battle we had was with ds and the rain cover for his stroller.

It was a battle through out the day. I'd put it down and he'd push it up onto the canopy.

I have finally found him a very thin rain coat for our trip. I've been having a terrible time finding something small enough, that didn't cost $30. I didn't want to pay that when ds rarely wears a rain coat. In any other situation I'd be carrying him and using an umbrella. But I finally found these on Amazon. I picked out two because I"m not quite ready to order and there's only one left of one of them so I wanted a backup.

I'm hoping the system sitting over Florida moves out over the next two weeks. I don't mind some rain. I'd rather it not rain for hours and hours. But we'll be ready.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #102
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Ugh!

Why didn’t I just do what I did the first time we went. It worked out so well.

My daughter has had a growth spurt. Don’t you just love those. As a result I have been trying her BBB dress on over and over, with and without the Velcro strips the seller sent. Yes, she has grown that much. I should have just done what I did the first time we went and ordered something on ebay. That dress in the Akershus pictures came from there. I can get the etsy dress to fit, but she whines that it is uncomfortable and begs to have it removed after 5 minutes.

I cringe at the thought of what will happen if she has to wear it through the BBB appointment, photos, walking and dinner. I can see myself having one of "those" wonderful mommy moments. I even went to Michaels, got ribbon to exactly match the skirt portion, let the torso area out and thread the ribbon through to bring it together like lacing up a shoe. It looked cute, but did no good. Now she whined it was too big and still uncomfortable.

Shaking my head, I went on ebay back to the same seller I’d gotten her dress from in 2010 and managed to find this for $22. It should arrive by Wednesday.

Based on the measurements dd should have room for a camisole underneath. And it has stuff underneath to make it puffy, then a layer of satin that touches the legs.

I loved the idea of a handmade dress, just knew it would be so much more comfortable, but looking back, she wore her ebay dress for nearly 8 hours without complaint. Sometimes, it pays to stick with what works.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #103
Alysa
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about the dress but I thought when I saw the pictures before that that one she wore to Akershus looked gorgeous on her. She'll be just as beautiful again! Maybe since it has never been worn, you can put the etsy dress on Craigslist or something to recoup the money you spent on it? It is adorable and I'm sure someone will snap it up.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #104
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I'm sorry about the dress but I thought when I saw the pictures before that that one she wore to Akershus looked gorgeous on her. She'll be just as beautiful again! Maybe since it has never been worn, you can put the etsy dress on Craigslist or something to recoup the money you spent on it? It is adorable and I'm sure someone will snap it up.
Thanks. I don't think I'll be able to sell it as I let it out and let's just say I'm no seamstress, but I can probably sell the Rapunzel dress I bought her for the fall festival if it doesn't fit then.

Thankfully I had put that ebay dress on my watch list when I first started seeing signs she would sprout. Her tummy is flat as a pancake unless she is about to have a growth spurt. Then she gets a bit of a belly. The trip is so close now, I'm glad I didn't have to do a serious search. I have quite a few people asking me what happened it was that quick. One of her best friends is 8 months younger, but is really tall due to having a tall father and there's usually at least an inch between them, but she caught up with her. Her tummy flattened out, but her torso got longer and a little wider. Thankfully all of her other clothes still fit, but her shirts were all pretty loose anyway as I'd bought all 10/12 to account for shrinking. This dress was supposed to be a size 9, but I think it is just a small style.

Live and learn. I was upset at first, but then I thought, hey, she's healthy; and plus, just two weeks to the Mouse. She doesn't know yet that I ordered another dress, but she had already seen the dress and loved it.

This isn't the only occasion ebay will rescue. Dd is in my mom's wedding next month and I found a replacement for her Jr. Bridesmaid dress on there too, an exact match in the next size up. I'll be selling the one she doesn't wear.

It's been a really stressful year. I just want to enjoy this vacation, rain or shine.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #105
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Just read your PTR. Sorry you had to downgrade but I'm sure you'll still have a magical trip. I was just at ASMo with just DD(9). The rooms have been refurbished since your last visit and now they all have fridges. Bus service was great as was the food court. I'm sure you will all be very happy there.

Glad you found a solution to your Dd's growth spurt. I once took just my oldest DD on a trip in January and waited to the last minute to pack only to discover that she only had like 1 pair of shorts that fit. Turned out we had a cold trip and that was enough. Still I had learned my lesson and made sure I gave myself plenty of time with this trip with my youngest. Only problem was I gave myself too much time. In the 6 or so weeks between trying clothes on and packing she grew. we ended up with enough that did fit but not all I thought we had to choose from.

Do you think you'll try the new Sorcerer game at the MK? My DD loved that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: