Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Eeyore Girl
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Grandmother has cancer

My grandma has been one tough cookie. She is a cancer survivor of many differnent types and has faught all of them. Radiation....Chemo... She has been cancer free for 18 years! I was raised by her and have been living with her since the day i was born...

Well this week has been a tough one. For 2 weeks my grandma has not been eating much, throwing up what she does eat (which at most is a half a cup of food a day) and constantly going to the bathroom. I finally took her to the hospital on Sunday to get an IV drip on her. The ER doctor there ran some blood work and said she was fine she could go home. My mother took her on Monday to her regular doctor and he said to go and and do a cat scan just to see what is going on. Well on Tuesday morning I took her to do the test. We sat there for an hour so she could drink the radium and she couldnt finish it. Well the doctor said that was ok and testing was successful. The doctor calls my mom and tells her the colon cancer is back and it has spread. He calls a family meeting where he tells us she has fluids in her abdomen and blockage in the intenstines as well as a mass on her liver. She is 95 years old and no doctor will treat her or do anything for her...My mom asked about how long if we had to put a time frame....6 months.... My borther is over seas in the Army and another in training. She ask should we wait to call them till we are closer....he says "no, get them now." Well from there to now things have gotten worse. She can no longer walk 2 steps, can't eat but 2 spoon fulls of food for a meal, sleeps all day and has pain when she moves and I just carry her to the bathroom or bedside camode.

She has decided not to go or stay at a hospital or to be kept alive when the time comes. We have her in home hospice care and are just praying for her to make it everyday til my brothers come home and beyond!!

She is like my mother...I am trying to keep as strong as possible for the whole family...it's hard. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts.
Eeyore Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: