Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #1321
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post

Annichan! Author of the fabulous FOODIE trip reports.
Wow, I have a reader on this thread! Thank you for the compliment!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #1322
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Thanks for posting the link to the Navigators. DH and I were talking yesterday about what the weather would be like on the EBTA and WBTA. He is a "cruise is supposed to be warm/sunny/sit outside with my DotD" type (which is why we somewhat refuses an Alaskan cruise), so I tried to find some old TR's from either. Let me tell you it was tough and I really didn't find any with good pictures. Anyone know any that are floating out there??

At least the Nav's gave me a good idea of temps to tell him.

Disney Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas
Disney Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip
Disney Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - September 2014 14 Night Western Bound Transatlantic

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #1323
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I know people did trip reports - and since I love reading good trip reports - if anyone on here did them on the WBTA, or knows links to ones on here, please post! I did a search myself some time back and found a couple.

Good question - since this WBTA will be a bit later - how WAS the weather? I believe one had been done in December before? Or that could have been another line I was looking at? My thinking is that most of it should be decent as it's heading south.

Annichan, just found your foodie posts and am enjoying them! What hotel did you stay in at the DLP one in the 2011 link? I'd love to go to DLP someday. Not sure if I could swing it as part of the WBTA trip, but its a thought.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1324
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I know people did trip reports - and since I love reading good trip reports - if
Good question - since this WBTA will be a bit later - how WAS the weather? I believe one had been done in December before? Or that could have been another line I was looking at? My thinking is that most of it should be decent as it's heading south.
This is something I am concerned about as well. I don't mind cool with some warm days, but I am worried it will be down right cold.
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #1325
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs4me View Post
This is something I am concerned about as well. I don't mind cool with some warm days, but I am worried it will be down right cold.
We were a month earlier on the 2010 WBTA but the weather was absolutely gorgeous most of the time. We had a little bit of rain in Gibraltar but not the entire day and there was some weather related issue (I believe fog) that kept us from getting to the top of Gibraltar but otherwise a wonderful day. The Caribbean was fairly hot and all of our sea days were great. I think we had one other rain shower late on our last sea day. Definitely could not complain at all about our weather or our crossing!!
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #1326
annichan

Quote:
Annichan, just found your foodie posts and am enjoying them! What hotel did you stay in at the DLP one in the 2011 link? I'd love to go to DLP someday. Not sure if I could swing it as part of the WBTA trip, but its a thought.
Thank you for reading them! We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge on both our DLP visits and really liked it there. I have read that these DLP "deluxe" category hotels are more comparable to WDW "moderate" category ones so I'd bear that in mind, but it was really very nice overall, staff were friendly, our room was great and it was only about a ten minute walk to either Disneyland Park or Hollywood Studios.
(The hotel breakfast was admittedly awful, but there's a Starbucks directly en route to the parks! )

Actually, as you said you will be travelling alone on the WBTA, I can highly recommend the very room we had! It was a recently refurbished corner room with windows on two sides, but it only sleeps two, so not a valid choice for a family. I posted some pictures of it right here. If you're interested, I could look up what room number it was.

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

Old 06-08-2012, 03:28 AM   #1327
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

The WBTA 2011 there weren't many days that we couldn't sit out on deck, if it rained it was usually at night.
It got much warmer as we got nearer to the Caribbean and by the time we got to Tortola and Castaway Cay it was scorching !

If its a month later than last year then Europe leg will obviously be much much cooler but the last part will be warmer.
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #1328
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
If you're interested, I could look up what room number it was.

Yes, please! I saw the photos and it just looked so lovely. Once they actually announce the WBTA, I'll do some more research and check my options. I know for sure I'd go across the pond for several days ahead of the cruise. It would be nice to go to DLP, and then a few days in Barcelona. It only depends upon money.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #1329
annichan

Quote:
Yes, please! I saw the photos and it just looked so lovely. Once they actually announce the WBTA, I'll do some more research and check my options. I know for sure I'd go across the pond for several days ahead of the cruise. It would be nice to go to DLP, and then a few days in Barcelona. It only depends upon money.
Yes, it was a lovely room! It did have a connecting door to the next room (as you can see on the left of the bed in the photo), but we never heard anything through it.

The room no. was 2130, and this was Sequoia Lodge, South wing, first floor (same floor as the lobby).

Hope you get to go to DLP! Who cares about money when it comes to vacationing with Disney!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #1330
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

It might be doable. I just looked and there is a train from Paris to Barcelona - and it will end up being a high speed one during this year (2012) So in 2013, it should be completed for sure.

There are just so many things I'd like to see and do....

Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #1331
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

here is a link with some trip reports if you havent seen them

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1977518

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #1332
valbob89
DIS Veteran

The DCL "find a cruise" website says it is down for maintenance, not usual during the day. Could it be possible they are going to post the rest of the 2013 schedule?

Last edited by valbob89; 06-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #1333
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post
The WBTA 2011 there weren't many days that we couldn't sit out on deck, if it rained it was usually at night.
It got much warmer as we got nearer to the Caribbean and by the time we got to Tortola and Castaway Cay it was scorching !

If its a month later than last year then Europe leg will obviously be much much cooler but the last part will be warmer.
That is excellent to know. I'm not real concerned with the Europe portion, walking around is fine if it's not too warm. But he will refuse to go if we can't sit out on the pool deck during the Sea Days! We will be staying at my sister's in Dusseldorf before the cruise for a few days and I have been warned already about rain/cool temps!

Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village

Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #1334
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
here is a link with some trip reports if you havent seen them

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1977518
Sweet thanks!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #1335
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
The DCL "find a cruise" website says it is down for maintenance, not usual during the day. Could it be possible they are going to post the rest of the 2013 schedule?
Unfortunately it looks like it's all the same. As soon as I hit October 2013 it only shows the Dream and Fantasy!!
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: