Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm just using C25K. I figured once I'm done with it, I'll have about 10 weeks or so to just work on my time. My DH thought about using the Galloway program to train for the 10 miler. But, he ended up deciding on another training program. The name escapes me right now but I'll let you know what it is after I ask him.
Let me know what he is using. I know Betsy is using RunKeeper and has input the galloway program into it.

Quote:
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for you! You never know - you may be a lot faster by the time the 10 miler gets here. But, no matter how long it takes you to finish, at least you're doing it! One of my favorite sayings: "No matter how slow you are, you're still lapping everyone on the couch."
I do like that saying!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #32
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What a day yesterday

For any of you who read my DLR PTR, you know that things went kinda crazy yesterday.

It started off with plans for this trip though. I do not think I mentioned yet that Zoe and I have our air fare down to FL. Kira and Amanda do not. (Betsy's crew does)

I honestly didn't think airfare was going to give me this much trouble for either trip... but... (and here is where I am sure a few of you will laugh) me and airfare just tend to have a love/hate relationshsip.

I am trying not to let this get to me and be moody about it. (although, I am feeling oddly moody about it) Basically, Kira wants to fly a red eye the day before check in. This would mean that she and Amanda would arrive early in the morning and possibly make rope drop. She and Amanda would be the ones to check in and receive our packet. I realize that the room wouldn't be ready right away, but Zoe and I do not get in until 5pm. I am not sure how it would work to have us wait for them that evening. I mean.. we can have her leave our KTTW cards at the desk so we can get into our room, right? This would mean a full day's worth of meals for Kira and Amanda....and since they do not want to pay oop, I am sure they would be using dp credits. This will shift how many dp credits they have available. This then means a shift for the entire trip. I will have to rethink much of the trip since Zoe and I will have our last day's meals and a park ticket day when they won't.

I am already having to consider on my other PTR how much of the lost expense I should make my son account for and feeling like a mean mom. I am not being mean to not let them use up credits and then pay oop for Zoe and I later in the trip, right? Again... oddly moody about this.

I am sure it will all work out. In many ways, it is better to have her figure out her own flight stuff...make her own dinning plans and park touring plans. I just didn't realize that "our" group was more like two little groups in one room. Course, I think that is kinda the case with Betsy's crew too. And this is why there should always be some of us together while some are off doing other things.

dang! I am moody today. I need to go for my run, but it has been pouring rain. It is cold here today too...so coming home soaked wont be fun. but maybe it will help my mood.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #33
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a day yesterday

For any of you who read my DLR PTR, you know that things went kinda crazy yesterday.

It started off with plans for this trip though. I do not think I mentioned yet that Zoe and I have our air fare down to FL. Kira and Amanda do not. (Betsy's crew does)

I honestly didn't think airfare was going to give me this much trouble for either trip... but... (and here is where I am sure a few of you will laugh) me and airfare just tend to have a love/hate relationshsip.

I am trying not to let this get to me and be moody about it. (although, I am feeling oddly moody about it) Basically, Kira wants to fly a red eye the day before check in. This would mean that she and Amanda would arrive early in the morning and possibly make rope drop. She and Amanda would be the ones to check in and receive our packet. I realize that the room wouldn't be ready right away, but Zoe and I do not get in until 5pm. I am not sure how it would work to have us wait for them that evening. I mean.. we can have her leave our KTTW cards at the desk so we can get into our room, right? This would mean a full day's worth of meals for Kira and Amanda....and since they do not want to pay oop, I am sure they would be using dp credits. This will shift how many dp credits they have available. This then means a shift for the entire trip. I will have to rethink much of the trip since Zoe and I will have our last day's meals and a park ticket day when they won't.

I am already having to consider on my other PTR how much of the lost expense I should make my son account for and feeling like a mean mom. I am not being mean to not let them use up credits and then pay oop for Zoe and I later in the trip, right? Again... oddly moody about this.

I am sure it will all work out. In many ways, it is better to have her figure out her own flight stuff...make her own dinning plans and park touring plans. I just didn't realize that "our" group was more like two little groups in one room. Course, I think that is kinda the case with Betsy's crew too. And this is why there should always be some of us together while some are off doing other things.

dang! I am moody today. I need to go for my run, but it has been pouring rain. It is cold here today too...so coming home soaked wont be fun. but maybe it will help my mood.
Yes, they can leave yours and Zoe's KTTW to be picked up by you later. I'm sorry things aren't working out as you had hoped. You shouldn't have to pay oop, since they are grown and using the additional credits, it should be their responsibility for the oop expense. Unless, of course, you are feeling particularly gracious at the time and help them out.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #34
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We did this last year; Andy didn't arrive until a few days after us, and he just picked up his KTTW card when he arrived after giving our name.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yes, they can leave yours and Zoe's KTTW to be picked up by you later. I'm sorry things aren't working out as you had hoped. You shouldn't have to pay oop, since they are grown and using the additional credits, it should be their responsibility for the oop expense. Unless, of course, you are feeling particularly gracious at the time and help them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We did this last year; Andy didn't arrive until a few days after us, and he just picked up his KTTW card when he arrived after giving our name.
After going for a run I feel a little less moooody.

I think chatting with one of my ocd planner friends helped too. Apparently planning for a year for one trip, then planning for another one, and then suddenly another...with yet another 2 on the horizon is a lot of stress.

So I talked with Kira and of course it will all be fine. I understand her perspective. They will sleep better on the plane than they will the night before we fly out. Truth be told, if it works out well (meaning they sleep on the plane)... it is actually a better option. Even if Zoe and I stay at a near by hotel, we will still need to be up by about 3am. Round the time they are flying out...we will need to be going to sleep in order to get up that early. Course, we always do sleep a tad on the plane to make up for the early wake time. I will have to trust that she will check us in fine and that she won't let them put us in a room that I wouldn't be happy with. (doesn't that sound Honestly, there has only been once that I out and out asked if they had a different room that was closer to the main building. In December, Betsy and I asked to have our rooms in the same building when we checked in... but I think that was just us asking to be placed near each other not moved near each other.)

She and Amanda will likely then fly home earlier than we will since Zoe and I will have that last park ticket that I will want to use (even if just to go say good bye to MK ) This will either mean the morning of 10/4 they will catch DME and then Zoe and I will fly out that afternoon or Zoe and i will check in for a room only somewhere and catch DME first thing the next morning. This depends on the cost of the early evening flight on SW. Right now... it is about $100 higher than the earlier flight. That $200 pays for an extra night. Course... If I had just kept the extra night that I added and then took off, that was $220 more and it included 4 more ts, 4 more cs and 4 more snack credits. However I was thinking that afternoon flight would come down...and the $220 would be "extra"

So it will work. I just need to plan a little differenly
Old 06-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #36
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Let me know what he is using. I know Betsy is using RunKeeper and has input the galloway program into it.
He said he's using Hal Higdon's intermediate training plan. He said you can go to halhigdon.com to check it out.

I'm sure all of the flights, meals & tickets will work out. It is stressful when you're doing all this planning & then something's thrown at you that you weren't expecting.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #37
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He said he's using Hal Higdon's intermediate training plan. He said you can go to halhigdon.com to check it out.

I'm sure all of the flights, meals & tickets will work out. It is stressful when you're doing all this planning & then something's thrown at you that you weren't expecting.
Thanks so much!!! I will have to check it out.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #38
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness Ann, you are having quite a time! I am sure though that everything will eventually work out. Your not a mean mom, just a very disappointed and frustrated mom. You just wanted a vacation with all your kids, totally understandable. Nothing wrong with that! (I'm kinda replying to both threads at the same time).

As for Kira checking in early, totally get why your apprehensive! I like to be in control of my tickets and where the hotel room will be too! But I am pretty OCD with stuff like that

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #39
oboedm
DIS Veteran

So frustrating! I don't think you are a mean mom for not letting her use DP credits. It would be her decision to fly down early, so she needs to pay for the extra expenses associated with that, IMHO.

I totally get what you mean about two groups. When I went to DLR with my extended family in October 2010, we ended up in two smaller groups, which wasn't expected. However, it was their choice not to follow my plans! They then got really butt hurt when they didn't get to ride things that we did and when they had longer waits in line. GRR. We had fun with our group, though!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #40
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Oh my goodness Ann, you are having quite a time! I am sure though that everything will eventually work out. Your not a mean mom, just a very disappointed and frustrated mom. You just wanted a vacation with all your kids, totally understandable. Nothing wrong with that! (I'm kinda replying to both threads at the same time).

As for Kira checking in early, totally get why your apprehensive! I like to be in control of my tickets and where the hotel room will be too! But I am pretty OCD with stuff like that
Oh yes... being OCD is what causes my stress in this. Course... I shouldnt worry. Kira is way more OCD than I am... so I am sure whatever she plans will work perfectly. It just isnt MY plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
So frustrating! I don't think you are a mean mom for not letting her use DP credits. It would be her decision to fly down early, so she needs to pay for the extra expenses associated with that, IMHO.

I totally get what you mean about two groups. When I went to DLR with my extended family in October 2010, we ended up in two smaller groups, which wasn't expected. However, it was their choice not to follow my plans! They then got really butt hurt when they didn't get to ride things that we did and when they had longer waits in line. GRR. We had fun with our group, though!
She is being reasonable about the dp credits/oop cost. She agrees that OOP will be the way to go for that first day. The last day... now that is a bit more of a debate. Best I can tell... she wants me to forgo my plans since she will not be able to go into a park.. but we will work it out.

and...just fyi... I about died from the "butt hurt" comment. I imagine it was a frustrating situation (kinda had that on my december trip... ended up redoing many an activity cause those who didn't want to get up and follow my plan still wanted to be able to do certain things)
Old 06-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #41
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ann, even if you "split up" into two smaller groups, as long as you do a few things together it should be fun!
And I think Kira is a very responsible young lady, so as long as you agree on how many credits are hers, she will run with that.
As for the tickets - I am sure it will work out. People fly in on different times, so they should be used to that.
It's so fun you are planning to trips right now .... and a few more in the planning stages at the back of your head. I just hope that one day our plans overlap and we get to meet in person!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #42
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ann, even if you "split up" into two smaller groups, as long as you do a few things together it should be fun!
And I think Kira is a very responsible young lady, so as long as you agree on how many credits are hers, she will run with that.
As for the tickets - I am sure it will work out. People fly in on different times, so they should be used to that.
It's so fun you are planning to trips right now .... and a few more in the planning stages at the back of your head. I just hope that one day our plans overlap and we get to meet in person!
You are entirely right. She is responsible and would never misuse credits. Unlike Alex who had to be told he didn't get a "side" of Doritos with his lunch.

The trip planning is fun. I just need to start laying it out in my PTRs. I am so not sure how you manage so many threads!!!! I am having a hard time keeping on track.

And yes... someday!!! We HAVE to meet in person.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

WOW...I have missed a lot on both PTRs (and of course I am really confused) but just sending thoughts your way and know in the end it will work out...Kira is more OCD then you?

2 more trips on the horizon...oh you better explain! I know about one of them...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #44
ladytink75
Mouseketeer

I go to Las Vegas for a week and you start up your new PTR for your upcoming DW trip for Sept. You are surely busy right now. Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm going to be jumping on this PTR report also
Old 06-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #45
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
WOW...I have missed a lot on both PTRs (and of course I am really confused) but just sending thoughts your way and know in the end it will work out...Kira is more OCD then you?

2 more trips on the horizon...oh you better explain! I know about one of them...
Well, if training for the ToT 10 miler goes well then Betsy and I might be planning to go down for the Princess half... and then the our fall trip. So there is where the 2 are. BTW, I think we should all have that princess group in our sigs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytink75 View Post
I go to Las Vegas for a week and you start up your new PTR for your upcoming DW trip for Sept. You are surely busy right now. Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm going to be jumping on this PTR report also
Glad you are here! Hope you had a good time in LV!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: