Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.82%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 91 29.74%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.80%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 20 6.54%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.27%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 76 24.84%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #91
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Uh Oh Looks like we're booking again

The morning of the second day at sea, third day of the cruise, the four of us went down to see about booking another cruise. Sis and I wanted to do the Panama Canal and mom was loving the relaxing pace of the cruise so much she wanted to come too.

This fella, I think his name was Joel, was amazing. He was so patient and helpful as we looked at the available staterooms and picked out the one bedroom suite for the three of us to share.

The cruise goes from Miami to LA and Sis and I are looking forward to adding Disneyland to the end of the trip.

I would recommend visiting this section of the ship early in the cruise. The lines got really long. I think they could have a few people from port excursions or DVC or adventures by Disney come over to help when the line gets so long (it was longer than the character photos - 45 minutes to an hour - at the end of the cruise).
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #92
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Gloomy morning on Day Three

Great for spending it in the spa!

Sis and I had this view as we sat for pedicures.

Three people can get pedicures at one time.

They don't have many choices of colors though they do have Shilac and do it for pedicure too. We had a choice of red or red or red for our regular pedicure.

I wouldn't recommend a pedicure on the Fantasy, but if you do it and want to do it with a friend, book early as the slots fill up.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #93
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Aquaduck!!!

Even in the rain Aquaduck was running and there was hardly a wait.

waddle this way

yes we took photos of everything - even inside the water roller coaster

you can see out pretty well

and on a sunnier day -

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-08-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #94
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Wonder why the Aquaduck closed at 10pm each night? On the Dream it was usually open until 11:00-11:30 each night? It was like that on both Dream cruises we've been on in 2011 and 2012.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #95
speedo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Wonder why the Aquaduck closed at 10pm each night? On the Dream it was usually open until 11:00-11:30 each night? It was like that on both Dream cruises we've been on in 2011 and 2012.
One of the cast members told us it was open till midnight but the navigators everyday only listed it open to 10. We asked Andy in concierge and he said that it closed at 10. Maybe they have shorter times on the Fantasy since it is a longer cruise

But -- spoiler alert -- this story has a happy ending -- stay tuned
speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #96
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more! We are leaving for our first Fantasy cruise in two weeks, and have a second one booked for Spring Break next year--that one in concierge, so I'm really enjoying this TR. The sun deck looks awesome!
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #97
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Can't wait to read more! We are leaving for our first Fantasy cruise in two weeks, and have a second one booked for Spring Break next year--that one in concierge, so I'm really enjoying this TR. The sun deck looks awesome!
Jealous you will be on the Fantasy in two weeks!!! Sun deck was awesome and the ship itself is awesome. Thanks for posting!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #98
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

More photos from the artifacts in Concierge Lounge

Take time, if you can, to look at some of the cool things they have on display in the Concierge Lounge...

Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #99
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

The atrium ain't bad either

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #100
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Rainy morning at Sea

Lead's us back to the Midship Detective Game! This time the Muppets missing props case.

not part of the case - but fun interactive art near the Bibidi Bobidi Boutique

one of the muppet's state room or 1/2 a stateroom!

dad really got into this game

If anyone want some tips - I would recommend doing the paintings in the vacinity of where you start first and go up and down a few floors instead of walking the ship lengthwise each deck - seemed a little less walking and faster. There are some areas with two interactive paintings so if you do the one, don't forget to do the other.

It also helped that I had taken a photo of the door - when we needed to look at a clue again we just looked at it on my camera!

You don't have to be a trained code cracker to solve the case, but it doesn't hurt to have one with you!

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #101
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Room Service Lunch

This room service steak sandwich tastes better than it looks. We all enjoyed it though the onions were too strong for mom.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #102
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

YUM!!

And perhaps 'Pirates Night" is a good time for Remy? First and last nights are probably out, so that leaves the 5 other nights.

And it's just the 2 of us--me and Mrs. U.

Wonder if they could ever get away with something like an "adults only" hour on Aquaduck? Or would there be a general howl of protest???
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trips--Old Key West on 4/26/14--will be trip #60 to WDW!! Next a Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #103
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
YUM!!

And perhaps 'Pirates Night" is a good time for Remy? First and last nights are probably out, so that leaves the 5 other nights.

And it's just the 2 of us--me and Mrs. U.

Wonder if they could ever get away with something like an "adults only" hour on Aquaduck? Or would there be a general howl of protest???
Our friends say that dinner at Pirate Night in the MDR was their least favorite. If you do it that night you should still see each of the MDR twice on your cruise.

We used the aquaduck when the line was less than 10 minutes and the kids were cute - a lot went with a parent.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #104
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Royal Court table

One chandelier in the main dining room.

And the chandelier above our table, the center Royal Court table.

breadbasket

the kingly high back chairs at this table are incredible! With our Scottish friend (who looks like Mr. Incredible) seated at the seat facing the entrance to the Royal Court, and three ladies on either side of him. People really stopped to ask who we were. Sister wives?

duck appetizer

I also had the salmon from the lighter side menu.

Loved the uniform to night our head waiter, Jaime wore.

left over cake from the vow renewal!

There were a number of birthdays being celebrated around the room that night and someone came up to us at this point to say they wished they had gotten this cake. When sis tried to explain this was from a vow renewal the guy walked away.

Our vow renewal cake was vanilla with fudge frosting - so many layers! Very good but so much!

Our server, Lily from Canada, gave us covers to take our slices of cake to our rooms to enjoy tomorrow - we were too full for dessert!

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-08-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #105
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Drinks at Skyline bar

These drinks look MUCH better than they are. They have very strange and unique ingredients including a floating chili pepper in one and paprika in another. The drinks are about $10 each and they have a deal that it is 8 drinks for $68 - I think that was it. Our Scottish friends treated and bought the deal. We all picked out drinks from the menu, which has two theme drinks from each city - the cities that the walls depict as they change skylines.

Sis doesn't drink and ask for something nonalcoholic, the waiter said the drinks don't taste like alcohol and she said, that wasn't what she meant and he suggested a nonalchoholic beer. She said no thanks and then he said he would bring her something. He ended up going to the Tube and had a frozen fruity drink made that she enjoyed a lot. We were all jealous of her with our absolutely disguesting drinks.

this drink was mine, unfortunately. It has blue berries floating at the top and an entire herb garden in the bottom.

When the server asked we said the drinks were undrinkable, the bartender took them back and replaced them with appletinis and cosmos that were much much better, but alas not on the menu.

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 08-28-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: