Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Who Wants to Learn the Bacon Dance? – A May 2012 TR - 6/30 - 3 Updates

Introducing the Bacon Dance Crew!

This is the trip I will forever compare all other Disney trips to. This is one for the record books folks. I had things happen on this trip that have never happened before on any other trip. Some good, some not so good. In the end, this was a sometimes crazy, fun, chaotic, rainy, overflowing (more on this later), laughable, and at times magical trip. It started off pretty much how we planned and ended not even close to our intended plan. But more on that a little later. First, let’s introduce the Bacon Dance Crew:

First there’s me.

Hi! I’m Alicia and I’m a Stay at Home Mom to two wonderful children who kept me laughing through this trip. As I like to tell people I am the event organizer, transportation provider, keeper of the schedule, answering service, housekeeper, personal chef, motivational speaker, negotiator, and owie kisser for the family. I like to purposely mispronounce words (like Ocala, which I pronounce Oakahlah), pretty much just to annoy the children. I have a “slight” obsession with coffee, the British Royal Family and of course a HUGE obsession with anything Disney. I am a musical person (used to be a music teacher) so I go around singing a lot (which also annoys the children). I love taking pictures and sharing them with people so be prepared to see this Disney trip through my eyes. Some of my favorites are:

Favorite Character: Stitch
Favorite Ride: ToT
Favorite Park: MK (but Epcot is a close second)

Next, there’s my darling DH, Mike.

Mike is our financial and resort planner. He likes to make spreadsheets. On one of our previous trips he made an excel spreadsheet to help determine if the Poly or YC would be the better choice (the Poly won). He is definitely the more logical of the two of us. I’d be floating in the clouds somewhere if I didn’t have him. He’s the one that tells us what park or restaurant we need to go to and what time we need to be there. I repeatedly tell him that he got a great deal when he married me because I provide free entertainment with all my singing and craziness. Some of Mike’s favorites are:

Favorite Character: Goofy and Donald
Favorite Ride: Spaceship Earth
Favorite Park: Epcot (although he said he really did enjoy DHS this trip)

Thirdly, there’s our DS, Alex.

This boy is so funny! I don’t know where he gets half the stuff the comes out of his mouth. He is a typical 8 year old boy. He is the reason that we have a Bacon Dance crew (which I’ll explain more about later on in the TR). This was Alex’s sixth trip to Disney and there’s no sign that he is losing interest in it. He is a very thoughtful little boy and usually doesn’t like thrill rides very much. But he did try some new rides this trip and I was super proud of him for trying. Some of Alex’s favorites are:

Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse and Phineas and Ferb
Favorite Ride: Test Track
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Next, there’s our DD, Lauren.

This girl is a pistol y’all! Phew! Talk about no fear, she has none. Girl rode ToT when she was three years old and LOVED it! She is now five (pretty close to 6) years old. This was her fourth trip to Disney. She has an interesting history with our Disney trips, which will come into play later on in our trip. Some of Lauren’s favorites are:

Favorite Character: Rapunzel and Flynn
Favorite Ride: Test Track
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Then there’s my Mom, Lynda.

Mom is a new retiree. She’s absolutely loving it and has been counting down to this trip. Mom has been with us on most of our trips to Disney so the kids just expected her to join us. She was very happy to oblige. It’s very rare that a day goes by that we don’t talk and we get along even when we see each other for nine days straight. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her. She also has a “slight” obsession with the royal family (although hers isn’t as bad as mine) so we’ve had a lot of fun talking about the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee this past week. Some of Mom’s favorites are:

Favorite Character: Dopey
Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Park: Epcot

And let’s not forget about our furry friends. Our dog Daisy went to a Doggie Hotel while we were in Disney. She got to play with other dogs, play in a pool, and have her own mini vacation.

Our two cats Tigger and Darby stayed home while my MIL came by to feed and love on them. They had kind of a mini vacation too (from the dog).

So there you have it ya’ll. You’ve been introduced to the Bacon Dance Crew. We’re a fun bunch who don’t mind making fun of ourselves and looking silly in public if it’s all in good fun. I can honestly say, we had a ton of chances to do just that during this trip. Hold on! You’re about to hang with the Bacon Dance Crew!

Last edited by cinderella crazy; 06-30-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

Reserved for Table of Contents

Introducing the Bacon Dance Crew!

Thursday, May 24th
“I Have Altered the Plans. Pray That I Don’t Alter Them Any Further”
Let's Get the Party Started
The Bacon Dance Crew's Adventures in Georgia
Florida: The Sunshine State?

Friday, May 25th
The Beautiful Sign
A Case of Mistaken Identity and A Beautiful Bathroom
Welcome to the Beach Club
"The Force Is Strong With This One" and The Bacon Dance
Burn, Baby Burn! Concrete Inferno!
Are You A Hero Or A Villain?

Just Because Posts
#1 - Scrapbooking, Crosstitch, and Dessert...OH MY!
#2 - Summer Fun - Week 1

Last edited by cinderella crazy; 06-30-2012 at 09:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Subbing I Love to catch a good TR at the very beginning.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

“I Have Altered the Plans. Pray That I Don’t Alter Them Any Further.”

I Have Altered the Plans. Pray That I Don’t Alter Them Any Further.”

I love quoting Star Wars. It just makes me happy and it seems so fitting for this chapter of the TR.

We plan. We plan some more. We plan, and plan, and plan, and plan. We all do it. We’re Disney fanatics. Some of us plan for months, some for a year, some of us for more than a year. But most of us on the DISboards plan for our trips. We had a plan and boy, did it get altered. We had some unforeseen circumstances that caused our well laid plans to go off the tracks and veer in completely different directions. But being the Bacon Dance Crew, we made the best of it and went in the different directions with the philosophy “Hey! We’re in Disney World! Everything is better in Disney World!”

Here’s some details about our trip:

Days: May 24th-June 2nd
Resort: Beach Club (with two adjoining rooms)

For more planning details check out my PTR - After 7 Trips We're Finally Staying At the BC - May 2012 PTR

So how much did our plans get altered? Did Darth Vader use the Force to move objects into our path? Will the Bacon Dance Crew actually do a Bacon Dance? Stay tuned y’all, and I’ll show you the answers.

Last edited by cinderella crazy; 06-06-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Subbing I Love to catch a good TR at the very beginning.
Thanks for joining in!

Last edited by cinderella crazy; 06-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Hurray a new TR!! Can't believe how big the kiddos are getting! I see them on FB but can't wait to hear all about your trip. I am a big bacon fan
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Hurray a new TR!! Can't believe how big the kiddos are getting! I see them on FB but can't wait to hear all about your trip. I am a big bacon fan
Hi Mary! So glad you could join in! How are you all doing?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I'm here!
Yay! Shannon's here! Glad you made it over!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

i'm coming along for the Journey too.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Love me some bacon so I'm sure I'll love the trip report. Very cute introduction!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #12
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Hi, Alicia! I remember you from way back when, before your Dis break. I found your PTR shortly before you left and lurked my way through it. So glad to see you back on here...your TRs are always fun. I'm getting in early for this one, so hopefully I can keep up. Sounds like a crazy trip. Looking forward to hearing all about the Bacon Dance crew's adventures!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 06-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #13
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Between the Agent P hat you're wearing, and the Darth Vader quote, I'm pretty sure this is going to be an awesome TR!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm here!!!

So sad that we missed you at BC while we were there, but can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
amazingact21
Upendi

Following over from your PTR!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: