Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I'm not going to update the first page today, but I won't forget to come back and add the new folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
My 2mile run yeaterday went well, no pain-I could have done more but did not want to push it just yet-and it was just starting to sprinkle afterwards I went to the Y and did some stretches and about 15-20 min on the eliptical. If the rain holds out today I will bike with my women's group an 18 mile loop.
So glad it went well Dottie! We have been doing a new stretch in yoga which I find ridiculously helpful and uncomfortable at the same time. It's supposed to stretch your itbands. I have trouble with some of the itband stretches cause of hip soreness. Anyhow, cross one foot over the other and do a forward fold (flat back, bend in half at the waist). When your left leg is crossed over your right (left in front) you should feel it in your right hip/itband. And then reverse. Mike said he can't really feel it, but I found it really helps me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
I would love to join this thread!!

Name: Kayla
DisName: ::Snow_White::
Upcoming Races: Color Run 5k (June)
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): 2 5ks (April & May) Half Marathon in May
Favorite Race: Half Marathon!
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): College student, just started running seriously a few months ago, love to race!
And for fun, favorite running shoe: Nike
Welcome Kayla! I've heard Color Runs are pretty fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Happy National Running Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Ooh, maybe that explains it! I went out for a C25K run/walk this morning and was so surprised to get back and find I'd dropped 20 seconds on my pace from my last outing. ?!?! Must be the National Running Day fairies.

XO
Liz
Congrats Liz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I shared this on the June Exercise thread but I'll share here as well.
I did C25K W6D2 and I am spent. Today was a 10 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 10 minute jog. Today was the worst day I have had. I think it was the class last night. I started a Strength and Sculpt class last night. Lots of leg work that was pretty hard for me.
I felt fine today, no soreness, but it came out in the run. I was going so slow towards the end, keep checking the timer on the phone and telling my self "just a few more minutes, just a few minutes" Then I started counting and talking out loud! Thank goodness there was no one around but at that point I don't think I could have cared less!
I am now sipping on a protein shake and eating a banana.
I wanted to do more exercise today but it's not going to happen. I'm going to take a shower, do the laundry then relax and watch the Biggest Loser on Netflix! lol
I have been known to count the minutes down or up depending on how I am feeling, a second at a time. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
I'm late to the party. Thanks for starting this new thread Rose!

Name: Lisa
DisName: Liesel (nickname in high school, I was a choir geek!)
Upcoming Races: Run 4 the fourth-July 4th
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): 2011: 3 5Ks, 1 4 miler, 1 10K 2012: Inagural Tinker Bell Half Marathon (Jan), Colfax 5K (May)
Favorite Race: The Tink!
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): I'm solidly in the 35-39 age bracket and currently live in Colorado. I'm married with 2 kids, DS10 and DD6. I'm currently at home with them, but will look for something part time (and hopefully fun!) once we move. I was a chef in my prekid life. We are relocating to NorCal this summer, which is why I don't have any more races on my calendar yet. I need to get through this move first! I hope to do a half in the fall and either the Tink or marathon weekend in January. I am in for the DL Half Sept 2013!
And for fun, favorite running shoe: Saucony Hurricane 13. This is a stability shoe for overpronation. When I get these shoes replaced I am going to get reevaluated because I can already see that my body has changed throughout this journey.

To all the newbies: welcome! I joined this thread last year while I was preparing for my first half and these ladies helped me immensely. I had a fantastic time at the Tinker Bell Half and can't wait to do another Disney race!
Hi Lisa! So glad to see you. And thanks for the shoe reminder. I think having shoes checked every once in a while to make sure you are still in the correct one is never a bad idea.

I did piyo and the bike today as well as some new things for my back that the trainer at the Y suggested. My calves are pretty sore from yesterday, so I definitely should have stopped a little sooner. Hopefully I will be able to run tomorrow.

Have a great rest of your Wednesday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: