Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
ikaki99
Earning My Ears

Parking in another hotel?

Hi, I'll be staying in the Beach Resort, so I get free parking.. though,I'd love to visit other hotels, mainly Grand Floridian for breakfast, and then take the monoriel for MK. Is it possible to let the car in the hotel?
ikaki99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Resort parking is for the paid guests of the resort so you will not be allowed to keep your car there all day to go to the MK. If you have an ADR they will check your name on a list at the resort gate and give you a parking pass for a couple of hours. Your best bet would be to park at the TTC and take the monorail to GF then MK after your breakfast.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
ikaki99
Earning My Ears

Good to know... yes, I think we'll do that =)
Thanks!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Notso
Mouseketeer

You can also use Valet and stay all day. It's not free, but you also aren't stealing a spot from a hotel guest.

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Fabulous trip in Disney's Treehouse Villas! First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 Wonderful Boardwalk Villas trip

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and surprising our girls 7/13

DCL: 2014. My go-go-go self has to learn to cruise.
Notso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
skeeter31
Mouseketeer

Yeah, most of the "popular" hotels, such as monorail resorts and the Epcot area resorts will have parking restrictions, especially during the peak seasons. They do this to deter people from parking there, taking up space that resort guests that are staying there should be entitled to, and then going to the parks.

However, I will say this, it does all come down to the season, time of day, and attitude of the parking lot guard/attendant. When we've traveled during off peak times we've been waved right into the lot just by having the parking pass and showing photo ID. But other times, we're stopped, asked questions, told to park in a specific area, and giving a parking slip to display on the dash that notes 2-3 hour parking only.

I would recommend that if you have an ADR at GF, by all means, park there, but don't intend on leaving your car there for a long time. If it's a dinner ADR and you will then be going to the park afterwards for only a little while and intend to be back in your car before Wishes, park at GF, but if you're going to be taking the spot up for 5-6 hours, either do valet or figure out another form of transport. It's just kinder to the people who are paying to stay at that resort.

The above especially goes for the Epcot resorts. I can't count how many times I've stayed at BC or BW and had to park way out in the boondocks and then lug my luggage to the room because the parking lot was completely full (and I'm going to assume that there were some visitors there).

Me DW Bella
skeeter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
ikaki99
Earning My Ears

Yes, thanks Skeeter... you are right, and at the end we have the free parking in the parks, so, we are thinking either parking in MK and going to the hotel in the monoriel.. or maybe having breakfast in the park =)

Thanks for the advice!

Tags
parking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: