Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
oboedm
DIS Veteran
 
oboedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 815

Great start so far! I love trips with other families! They can be a bit stressful, but I like having the ability to hang out with someone you don't normally get to see. It makes for a fun trip!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,107

I think the POFQ is perfect since there are two groups of you. My friend Nicki loves POFQ and will be staying there in October when they go again.

Plans are developing nicely.
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM
 
momabaarjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 4,295

Okay...thanks Ann and Betsy...this PTR has my head alreay spinning back and forth between the two of you! But then again I am blonde (okay dishwater with lots of grey) but give me a break!

I love the intro's and pictures from both of you!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #19
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

I'm here!!! Your girls trip sounds like it's going to be so much fun!! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
oceanwave
Mouseketeer
 
oceanwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 190

Oh wow another PTR SO exciting, 2 PTR's in 1!
__________________
ME DH

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here!!!!

Now back to read.
I am so glad you are here, Kathy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ann, great intros, and I am so happy to see you are spending this all girls trip with Betsy and her clan. You GALS are going to have a blast. I can't wait to see how the plans progress.
I think it is going to be amazing. Not that going with the guys isn't... but I am certain it will be different in a very good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I think that's great that you're tackling the 10 miler! I need to get in shape as well so I have started the Couch 2 5K program. I'll be doing the 5K race that Saturday morning. My DH is running the 10 miler. My little boy & I will be cheering him on!
I have been following a couch to 5 k too. I just have 9 more runs till I am through it. With 3 a week... that is just 3 weeks!! I am amazed at how this slowly progressing programs really really work! I seems like I was not even able to run a minute not long ago. I think tomorrows run has me going for 10 minutes straight. (yep just checked) My run will be 5 minute warm up... 10 minute run, 5 minute walk, 10 minute run and then a 5 minute cool down. I really hope to go 3 miles. I have been a bit under the weather lately...and saturdays run was super slow. I did the same number of segments, but it was 8 minutes instead of 10. I only did about 2 and a half miles.

do you plan to do the villains bash? And... there is time to train via the galloway method for the 10 miler. (It started on 5/29) I know that it filled up... but I wonder if there is a waiting list? If not... you will certainly be set for the 5k!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Great start so far! I love trips with other families! They can be a bit stressful, but I like having the ability to hang out with someone you don't normally get to see. It makes for a fun trip!
I think that is going to be one of the biggest benefits. I be there will always be someone in the group to hang out with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I think the POFQ is perfect since there are two groups of you. My friend Nicki loves POFQ and will be staying there in October when they go again.

Plans are developing nicely.
I really wanted to stay there over Christmas. I am really glad I stayed at WL, but I am super excited to try POFQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Okay...thanks Ann and Betsy...this PTR has my head alreay spinning back and forth between the two of you! But then again I am blonde (okay dishwater with lots of grey) but give me a break!

I love the intro's and pictures from both of you!
I know, I know... Just imagine what a PTR for the following year will look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm here!!! Your girls trip sounds like it's going to be so much fun!! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!

I am so glad you are here!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Oh wow another PTR SO exciting, 2 PTR's in 1!
Yup, one will only be a short one... and then this one will be for the large group "big" trip.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #23
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm here. Followed your link on the tr!
I am so glad you are here!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #24
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran
 
lilpixiebabe101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!
Posts: 1,336

I'm in! I'm in! That's a lot of ladies! And 3 little princesses who will be so spoiled by all the quality female time!


Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Okay...thanks Ann and Betsy...this PTR has my head alreay spinning back and forth between the two of you! But then again I am blonde (okay dishwater with lots of grey) but give me a break!

I love the intro's and pictures from both of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

I know, I know... Just imagine what a PTR for the following year will look like
Haha I pinned Tammie's post before I saw yours Ann! Was thinking the exact same thing!!!! We might have to make a separate account to post the actual posts and then let our ramblings so under each of our names throughout the PTR!
lilpixiebabe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #25
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
I'm in! I'm in! That's a lot of ladies! And 3 little princesses who will be so spoiled by all the quality female time!






Haha I pinned Tammie's post before I saw yours Ann! Was thinking the exact same thing!!!! We might have to make a separate account to post the actual posts and then let our ramblings so under each of our names throughout the PTR!
I am sure we will figure it out... possibly making all our reader suffer along as we do... but we will make it work.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #26
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I have been following a couch to 5 k too. I just have 9 more runs till I am through it. With 3 a week... that is just 3 weeks!! I am amazed at how this slowly progressing programs really really work! I seems like I was not even able to run a minute not long ago. I think tomorrows run has me going for 10 minutes straight. (yep just checked) My run will be 5 minute warm up... 10 minute run, 5 minute walk, 10 minute run and then a 5 minute cool down. I really hope to go 3 miles. I have been a bit under the weather lately...and saturdays run was super slow. I did the same number of segments, but it was 8 minutes instead of 10. I only did about 2 and a half miles.
I have to say that I've been surprised that I've been able to stick with the C25K program so far. I have never been one to run....not even when I was young & in shape. I've had a little set back in my training though. I was doing really well & then we moved at the beginning of April. Well, May 30th I tried to pick up where I had left off & it was just horrible. I had not done it in a month! So, I did it again last night but I'm starting over with week 3. Hopefully, I won't have any more set backs. That's so great that you're close to finishing the program! Some nights, I still doubt whether or not I can do this. But, I'm not giving up yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
do you plan to do the villains bash? And... there is time to train via the galloway method for the 10 miler. (It started on 5/29) I know that it filled up... but I wonder if there is a waiting list? If not... you will certainly be set for the 5k!
I'm definitely doing the Villains Bash! Can't wait! I so hope I can get a good enough spot to take pictures of my DH crossing the finish line. There is a waiting list. But, even if trained hard enough to do the 10 miler, I really couldn't. We have a 4 year old little boy, so I'll be with him at the bash. But, I'm still excited to do the 5K.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #27
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I have to say that I've been surprised that I've been able to stick with the C25K program so far. I have never been one to run....not even when I was young & in shape. I've had a little set back in my training though. I was doing really well & then we moved at the beginning of April. Well, May 30th I tried to pick up where I had left off & it was just horrible. I had not done it in a month! So, I did it again last night but I'm starting over with week 3. Hopefully, I won't have any more set backs. That's so great that you're close to finishing the program! Some nights, I still doubt whether or not I can do this. But, I'm not giving up yet!



I'm definitely doing the Villains Bash! Can't wait! I so hope I can get a good enough spot to take pictures of my DH crossing the finish line. There is a waiting list. But, even if trained hard enough to do the 10 miler, I really couldn't. We have a 4 year old little boy, so I'll be with him at the bash. But, I'm still excited to do the 5K.

Set backs suck... fairly early on... I fell and broke my hand. I was very nervous to go back out after that... but did.. It was just those first couple times that had me wondering/worrying if it would happen again. I am like you though... I never liked to run even when I was in shape. And you are three weeks in? I am just at 6 weeks now...so you are not that far behind me. It goes quick. You go from barely doing any running to barely doing any walking. UG... today about did me in. I have had some sort of tummy bug for more than a few days. (think lower tummy...sorry.. I know tmi ) I am trying to stay hydrated... but ug. I looked at week 6 day two (which I will do on thursday) and it has me only walking 3 minutes during the run. (except warm up and cool down) It is not more running than I did today. (2 - ten minute segments) but... I think only having that 3 minutes to recover between may kill me. I think having someone (for you your dh and for me Betsy) to hold you accountable to NOT give up helps.

I hope you get a good spot to get a picture of your dh come across the line! I would be in a similar boat as you if I didn't have other people on the trip that will not be running.... I don't think they are even going to do the villains bash.

Now that I think about it... that means that Betsy and I wont' have anyone cheering us on at the finish. Well, unless someone from her group goes.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #28
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Set backs suck... fairly early on... I fell and broke my hand. I was very nervous to go back out after that... but did.. It was just those first couple times that had me wondering/worrying if it would happen again. I am like you though... I never liked to run even when I was in shape. And you are three weeks in? I am just at 6 weeks now...so you are not that far behind me. It goes quick. You go from barely doing any running to barely doing any walking. UG... today about did me in. I have had some sort of tummy bug for more than a few days. (think lower tummy...sorry.. I know tmi ) I am trying to stay hydrated... but ug. I looked at week 6 day two (which I will do on thursday) and it has me only walking 3 minutes during the run. (except warm up and cool down) It is not more running than I did today. (2 - ten minute segments) but... I think only having that 3 minutes to recover between may kill me. I think having someone (for you your dh and for me Betsy) to hold you accountable to NOT give up helps.

I hope you get a good spot to get a picture of your dh come across the line! I would be in a similar boat as you if I didn't have other people on the trip that will not be running.... I don't think they are even going to do the villains bash.

Now that I think about it... that means that Betsy and I wont' have anyone cheering us on at the finish. Well, unless someone from her group goes.
Oh, you poor thing! Breaking your hand had to be a hard set back. I'm glad to hear you recovered!

And now a tummy bug? Those really are the worst! I hope it goes away soon.

I really should be on my last day of week 4 tomorrow. But, our move just really took away anytime to run. I tried to start back up with week 4 but I thought I was going to die! I was so discouraged! My DH is the one that suggested that I go back to week 3 & start from there. And you're so right - it really helps having someone to hold you accountable & not let you get discouraged & give up. That's my biggest problem!

Well, since my little boy & I are definitely going to the Bash (we already have our tickets ), I can cheer y'all on!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #29
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Oh, you poor thing! Breaking your hand had to be a hard set back. I'm glad to hear you recovered!

And now a tummy bug? Those really are the worst! I hope it goes away soon.

I really should be on my last day of week 4 tomorrow. But, our move just really took away anytime to run. I tried to start back up with week 4 but I thought I was going to die! I was so discouraged! My DH is the one that suggested that I go back to week 3 & start from there. And you're so right - it really helps having someone to hold you accountable & not let you get discouraged & give up. That's my biggest problem!

Well, since my little boy & I are definitely going to the Bash (we already have our tickets ), I can cheer y'all on!
See, so you are just barely behind me. What program are you using? I need to follow the galloway method more closely, but I figure since I am doing more than it requires at this point I am fine..and since I will be done with the 5k runner app soon... well, I will just make sure I continue on track with it.

I will keep an eye out for you at the Bash. I am sure you will be no longer at the line when we get through. I am pretty darn slow... and dont' expect to be much faster come September.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
See, so you are just barely behind me. What program are you using? I need to follow the galloway method more closely, but I figure since I am doing more than it requires at this point I am fine..and since I will be done with the 5k runner app soon... well, I will just make sure I continue on track with it.
I'm just using C25K. I figured once I'm done with it, I'll have about 10 weeks or so to just work on my time. My DH thought about using the Galloway program to train for the 10 miler. But, he ended up deciding on another training program. The name escapes me right now but I'll let you know what it is after I ask him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I will keep an eye out for you at the Bash. I am sure you will be no longer at the line when we get through. I am pretty darn slow... and dont' expect to be much faster come September.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for you! You never know - you may be a lot faster by the time the 10 miler gets here. But, no matter how long it takes you to finish, at least you're doing it! One of my favorite sayings: "No matter how slow you are, you're still lapping everyone on the couch."
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.