Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
tigger17
DIS Veteran

sounds like your having an amazing time the first few day look fab
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #17
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your trippie, thanks for doing it. Is that the new Paddock pool? Kade's a real cutie.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #18
queendisney
DIS Veteran

loving your trip report from the eyes of first timers. The photo of Kade eating the snow crab legs made me laugh, they were so HUGE..pretty sure some 4 yr olds would have been scared of them!

Yes you made some rooky mistakes but that so adds to your holiday...and its something you look back on and laugh. I think all of us have done the 'buying shoes for the holiday' mistake. Its one that you never ever ever make again. I think on my first time I did that, so ended up buying another pair while there and then another pair because they became uncomfortable etc etc..cost me a fortune. Loving all your photo's and Kade is just adorable.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #19
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Loving your trippie! You'll always remember your first time

Saratoga Springs looks lovely, I'm very impressed with your apartment. Was it a studio or a one bedroom (or even a two bedroom)? Next time we take DH's sons we'll need two sleeping areas for a bit of privacy as they'll be getting older...

Looking forward to hearing lots more!
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

loving your TR so far and your lil boy is so cute! :good vibes looking forward to reading more

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Love reading your report! Can't wait for more
xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjar84 View Post
Great trip report so far.

I'm loving hearing about you experiencing everything for the first time.
Thank you, i'm really enjoying re-living it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
sounds like your having an amazing time the first few day look fab
We had such a good time, can't wait to return!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensmum View Post
Enjoying your trippie, thanks for doing it. Is that the new Paddock pool? Kade's a real cutie.
Thanks for reading!! Yes, it is the Paddock pool. That pic is the kiddy bit where it is much shallower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
loving your trip report from the eyes of first timers. The photo of Kade eating the snow crab legs made me laugh, they were so HUGE..pretty sure some 4 yr olds would have been scared of them!

Yes you made some rooky mistakes but that so adds to your holiday...and its something you look back on and laugh. I think all of us have done the 'buying shoes for the holiday' mistake. Its one that you never ever ever make again. I think on my first time I did that, so ended up buying another pair while there and then another pair because they became uncomfortable etc etc..cost me a fortune. Loving all your photo's and Kade is just adorable.
yes the crabs legs were HUGE! He absolutely loved them though. The girls came and cracked them for him in the end. I thought they looked like long spooky fingers

Your right that it all adds to the experience. It would have been nice to have saved a bit of the dosh we wasted but apart from that I wouldn't change a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
Loving your trippie! You'll always remember your first time

Saratoga Springs looks lovely, I'm very impressed with your apartment. Was it a studio or a one bedroom (or even a two bedroom)? Next time we take DH's sons we'll need two sleeping areas for a bit of privacy as they'll be getting older...

Looking forward to hearing lots more!
Thank you! Yes, it was a one bedroom apartment. We had the bedroom while Kade had the sofa bed.
In hindsight we probably would have been just as well all in the one room but it was nice to have the extra room. Shame we didn't have the wardrobe space though grrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah28 View Post
loving your TR so far and your lil boy is so cute! :good vibes looking forward to reading more
Thank you so much! It's so nice that people are taking the time to read it! :good vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Love reading your report! Can't wait for more
xx
Thank you!!! :good vibes I'm getting on with more as we speak so will try and get the next day up.
Thanks again for reading xx
April2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
Hollywoodsign
Mouseketeer

Rely enjoying this!!! Im going to Saratoga Springs for the 1st time in Oct!!!

Hope there is more coming soon :D
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Loving your TR, fab photos
Old 06-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
April2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodsign View Post
Rely enjoying this!!! Im going to Saratoga Springs for the 1st time in Oct!!!

Hope there is more coming soon :D
Thank you! Oh I think you will love SSR! Although we can't compare it to any other resort yet, it was certainly somewhere we wouldn't hesitate to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
Loving your TR, fab photos
Ah, thanks very much
Old 06-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
April2012
Mouseketeer

Day 4 – Animal Kingdom – Wednesday 18th April

Awoke about 5am this morning but got up at 6am. Marcus ducked out early and brought back some pastries, juice and coffee.
We decided Animal Kingdom would be the park of choice today so we left fairly early, as we wanted to get in for the EMH.

It was really good to get in early as it made all the difference even though it was still busy.
Now just to help you build up a picture here, I have never been a fan of fast rides of any description (bit of a wuss when it comes to that) however for some unexplainable reason I had been saying for ages, ever since we booked this trip, that I was determined to ride Expedition Everest.
So as soon as we got through the gates, we were on a mission to get straight on it!!

On our way to EE

The queue was barely there so we did actually get straight on.
Kade was very hesitant to get on, as he wasn’t sure about the Yeti bit but I reassured him it would be fine and we got in a carriage together behind Marcus.
BIG MISTAKE! It set off and at first I was smiling and laughing with everyone else but as soon as we started the descent backwards and it started whizzing in the dark, I totally had a panic attack!!!
I had my eyes shut tightly the whole way and was holding on to Kade so hard whilst shouting to Marc that I needed to get off lol. Where exactly I don’t know
It seemed to take forever to come to a stop and when I got off I was dizzy and shaking like a leaf…probably the colour of one too!

Needless to say the rest of the holiday was spent only on the tame baby rides.

Next up was the Kilimanjaro Safari, which was fab before catching the Wildlife Express train to walk round Rafikis Planet watch.

Once we caught the train back it was on to watch the Lion King Festival which I thought was excellent!!

We were sat in the Giraffe's group.

We came out from the show and spotted a photo op with Chip’n’Dale before wandering round a couple of shops and buying an AK photo frame.

After this we headed back to Africa as we had a reservation at Tuskers for a character meal.

It was busy and we got in the queue but was told we were too early so went to sit in the bar next door and got a cold beer

After killing another 10mins we finally went in to the courtyard bit at the back and Kade & Marc got a picture with Donald.

It was extremely busy and we were given a buzzer and told to sit and wait. It was pretty hot by this point but we managed to snaffle a couple of chairs under a parasol so wasn’t too bad. 20mins later we were finally called much to our relief to be getting out of the heat.
There were four characters milling around inside, Goofy, Daisy, Minnie & Mickey, which Kade got to meet all of and get their autographs. The food was a buffet and I have to say it was all gorgeous.

A lady came round selling the picture pack that they had taken outside earlier and we decided to buy it although I thought it was a little on the steep side at $31.00!

Once finished at Tuskers we went for a wander round before stopping for an ice cream snack and popping into a shop and coming back out with the Cheshire Cat!! I couldn’t resist him

Finding Nemo the musical was up next then we came out just in time to catch Mickeys Parade. Our 1st parade of the holiday!

We caught the bus back to resort after the parade finished and chilled out for a bit before going on to the Turf & Grill for our evening meal.
It was still very warm and quite busy so we sat outside.
I had Clams in garlic butter & white wine sauce and green beans followed by a maple syrup dessert.
Marcus had Prime rib - With yukon gold mashed potatoes, swiss chard,and red wine demi-glaze followed by Cheesecake.
Kade had a hotdog followed by fruit salad.

Our waiter was called Max and when he brought our bill he was chatting and told us we had 100 meals left on the DDP, which we all thought, was quite a lot!!

After we left the restaurant we headed home to chill out with a glass of wine and ended up falling asleep around 9pm. We were such lightweights on this holiday
Old 06-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #27
tigger17
DIS Veteran

anouther fab day you have some amazing photos kade is so cute cant wait for day 5
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #28
queendisney
DIS Veteran

How did Kade cope on the E Everest? I only took one look at that and KNEW I couldn't cope. I can't cope on Splash Mountain

Loving your TR as they are really giving me that Disney Buzz. waiting for Day 5..don't be long

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #29
April2012
Mouseketeer

Thanks so very much! It's really nice people are taking the time to read and enjoy it :good vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
anouther fab day you have some amazing photos kade is so cute cant wait for day 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
How did Kade cope on the E Everest? I only took one look at that and KNEW I couldn't cope. I can't cope on Splash Mountain

Loving your TR as they are really giving me that Disney Buzz. waiting for Day 5..don't be long
Surprisingly he was fine! I think he was a bit worried as I was like I were but once we were off I asked him what he thought and he said he liked it but he wouldn't do it again
He does love all the fast rides though like his dad :roll eyes:

Thank you, day 5 coming now
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #30
April2012
Mouseketeer

Day 5 – Epcot – Thursday 19th April 2012

Up at 7am this morning and Marc brought back pastries, juice and coffee again for breakfast.
We then left the apartment and went to catch the bus for Epcot. Again the bus was fairly quiet which was the case most days on our trip and it was always wonderful to step into what felt as cold as a fridge after being out in the heat.
Once we arrived at Epcot we queued for a couple of mins before getting in and spotted Daisy not far from the entrance so of course had to stop to get a pic and cuddle!

Stitch was also there but seeing as he had a bit of a queue, we decided to try him later.
Instead we wandered into the Character spot place and think it was a really good time to go as they were all there with only a couple of people in front. So with no wait at all, Kade got pic’s with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto & Goofy.

Back out in the sunshine we wandered down till we came across the Nemo and friends ride.

We did this, which we enjoyed then looked around the aquarium. That was really good too. I loved watching the dolphins swimming in there.

After this we ended up in the building where Soarin is and went for a peek but the queue was huge so we thought we’d go on the ‘Land of Pavilion’ boat ride then come and collect some fast passes for Soarin.
LOP ride had a very small queue and was ok. I enjoyed it but Kade got a little bored, probably because it was educational. :roll eyes:

After getting the Fast passes for Soarin we went for a look around heading toward Mexico and stopping for pic’s in front of the topiary along the way. These look so cool. I really loved them!

Lunch was up next at a Mexican quick service restaurant called ‘Cantina’.
We got taco’s and although they were ok, we all agreed that it wasn’t the best meal we’d had so far. The black tortilla chips didn’t do much to tempt us

After we’d eaten we got on the Mexican Pavilion ride that is on a boat and again had next to no queue!

Maelstrom was next which was great fun until we thought the ride had got stuck . Luckily it was just delayed half way round, phew!

By the time we were off Maelstrom we exited through the shop then figured we should make our way back in the direction of Soarin as it was almost fast pass time

Cont:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: