Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #61
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

CJ?

So my first thought was WT H is he talking about? CJ - the animal - is at Jambo. He's said he's staying at Kidani. What's he talking about?

Oh. The aging brain.

Come on - I just had a birthday so I'm not bullying you.

Quote:
In my defense, Kidani has by far most of the DVC rooms so it made sense I was staying there.
That's your defence?

Quote:

Bellied up to the bar pool and met two terrific CM’s Laura and Kim.

Since I am the shy, retiring type it took me a while to warm up to them.
Funny.

I so want to come back to this earth as an extrovert.

Quote:
CJ?

Probably because I can see HIS rock and HIS tree across the way and he's relaxing - there's a big clue that it's him. You seem to be across from the Value rooms.

He doesn't seem to be excited to see you - his beloved namesake. But then again he's only excited about sitting by HIS rock and HIS tree. Wait, I'm seeing some similarities - Kate?

Last edited by lisaviolet; 06-01-2012 at 02:59 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #62
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Went to bed early tonight but before I did, took this picture

Nice shot. That's beautiful.

Quote:

You know, I don't know. Thought it was a standard but it may have been a value.

Hmmm.

Yes, Standard at Jambo used to be all pool view. But apparently they've changed a few Savanna rooms that some were complaining about over to Standard.

So that's my guess. But I don't get it - did it seem like a poor or partial view? Doesn't look like it. I've lucked out twice with Value - getting the Savanna but they were across from you.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 06-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #63
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post

Hmmm.

Yes, Standard at Jambo used to be all pool view. But apparently they've changed a few Savanna rooms that some were complaining about over to Standard.

So that's my guess. But I don't get it - did it seem like a poor or partial view? Doesn't look like it. I've lucked out twice with Value - getting the Savanna but they were across from you.
Lisa, I think that you were the person who told me that Jambo standards were all pool view, so you can see my confusion. I was blaming it on Boardwalk terminology, but I am glad to know I am not the only one perplexed.

A lovely view anyway, no matter how it was labeled!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #64
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Ok, you got me curious so I went back to the confirmation it says, "Jambo House-Deluxe Studio - Standard View."

Headed to the Keys in the morning so won't post again until Sunday.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #65
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, you got me curious so I went back to the confirmation it says, "Jambo House-Deluxe Studio - Standard View."

Headed to the Keys in the morning so won't post again until Sunday.

Ok, mystery solved. Lucky, lucky you!

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #66
Mahusky
West of Boston and East of Nowhere

Great report as always..... Off to see the "pretrip" Hawaii report!
Mahusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #67
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Lisa, I think that you were the person who told me that Jambo standards were all pool view, so you can see my confusion. I was blaming it on Boardwalk terminology, but I am glad to know I am not the only one perplexed.

A lovely view anyway, no matter how it was labeled!
Probably - because they were all pool - and that is one lovely pool view at Jambo. I've done it quite a few times. Very lush. I liked knowing that if you chose Jambo Standard that you had it - that view. A definite reason to snag Jambo over Kidani if you're going for Standard.

I'm pretty sure I caught the reclassification of some Savannas somewhere on here last week. But then again maybe I'm imagining things. But I guess CJ's room proves that I'm simply not making things up in my head. One can hope. It made me laugh that DVCers might have been complaining about that view for them to move it over to Standard - looks nice to me. Hmmm.

By the way, I loved your post Sarah - if you hadn't talked within the lines I would have posted back. You're very entertaining. Have I missed a TR?

Last edited by lisaviolet; 06-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #68
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
By the way, I loved your post Sarah - if you hadn't talked within the lines I would have posted back. You're very entertaining. Have I missed a TR?
Thank you! I just have 1 ill-fated PTR on the Disneyland TR board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2770187

I am considering starting another for our New Year's trip, but I don't want to jinx myself.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #69
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm.

Voila! Here is a discussion on reclassified views:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2935677
Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #70
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

There you are.

To be honest, if I was charged Savanna view points for that room, I would be disappointed. It was a very limited view of the Savanna and a lot of bare areas. Bonus to me because it was standard points. No complaints.

The last time I was at Kidani, they had me in a Savanna view that was dominated by a building that I assume was used to house the critters. The other part was a fenced off area and dirt. No animals were ever there. I never complain about views and this was the only time I did. Explained to them that I was not staying here for a week and that was my "Savanna" view.

Found these pics

The building

Here is the fenced area that closed off the only green part of the view from the animals. Once a giraffe walked up to the fence and poked his head over it. Then he/she left.

I would imagine that this was (or at least should be) changed to a Standard view. The staff must have had many complaints because they only asked for the room number, nodded their head and moved me the next day to a much better room.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #71
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

The last time I was at Kidani, they had me in a Savanna view that was dominated by a building that I assume was used to house the critters. The other part was a fenced off area and dirt. No animals were ever there. I never complain about views and this was the only time I did. Explained to them that I was not staying here for a week and that was my "Savanna" view.

Found these pics

The building

Here is the fenced area that closed off the only green part of the view from the animals. Once a giraffe walked up to the fence and poked his head over it. Then he/she left.

Well that room should be Standard 100%. And I would have done the same as you in an instant. Actually I'm quite skilled in that area. Have never needed to with DVC trips though.

The other room this time. CJ, I hear you but you must have taken some well angled photos of it. I *thought* I knew the area but I think I have it wrong. Was it partial because you only saw a small part of the larger savanna?

Because I had across the way (Value) and saw tons of animals up close. TONS. It was like everyone came to visit CJ. But then again I'm still getting up when everyone else is running around the parks.

Once again, your fans are enthralling. Smiling. 10 point game in the first.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #72
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Thank you! I just have 1 ill-fated PTR on the Disneyland TR board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2770187

I am considering starting another for our New Year's trip, but I don't want to jinx myself.
I know it Sarah. I'm sorry. One of my first years DVC - I had to cancel a BW view NYE booking (back when you had to call day by day). Very late cancellation. It wasn't fun. . In fact, it might happen again this year with the BW NYE reservation - long story. (I just realized that this fact does nothing to ease your thoughts of a jinx!)

But it will happen for you. I did the same booking at Christmas last year and it made me smile. And might be doing NYE this year.

I will be reading when I have a chance but I've popped over - beautiful family.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #73
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Totally agree with the classification on your view being STANDARD! In fact, in this case I think there should be a view classification as - "Keep your curtains drawn, nothing to see out here". Though I'm not a big "view" type of girl, I like to save my points for more visits, I would have also requested a room change.

Have a standard view for my trip in Sept - since no one has ever been before to WDW - let alone AKV, what they don't know about the views, won't hurt them! Hey - it's a free trip for them so I am sure there will be no complaints.
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
Disneydrmr
Earning My Ears

Just the break from reality I need....

I just want you to know how much I love reading all of your trip reports.....No matter what kind of day I am having, they always make me laugh, smile, etc. It is just the kind of break from the 'real world' I need in between my Disney trips. Thanks for taking the time to share. Good Luck to your daughter as she starts this next phase of her life. Sorry to hear your wallet was stolen! That's awful!
Disneydrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #75
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Quote:
So my first thought was WT H is he talking about? CJ - the animal - is at Jambo. He's said he's staying at Kidani. What's he talking about?...

Probably because I can see HIS rock and HIS tree across the way and he's relaxing - there's a big clue that it's him. You seem to be across from the Value rooms.

He doesn't seem to be excited to see you - his beloved namesake. But then again he's only excited about sitting by HIS rock and HIS tree. Wait, I'm seeing some similarities - Kate?
Found out that it was CJ. Had a nice talk with him later in the trip. He asked about you and wondered when you are coming back. He enjoyed the Canadian snacks you bring him when no one is looking. HIS ROCK and HIS TREE are his man cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahusky View Post
Great report as always..... Off to see the "pretrip" Hawaii report!
Thanks. We leave for Hawaii two weeks from today. Way too much to do before then.

Quote:
Well that room should be Standard 100%. And I would have done the same as you in an instant. Actually I'm quite skilled in that area. Have never needed to with DVC trips though.

The other room this time. CJ, I hear you but you must have taken some well angled photos of it. I *thought* I knew the area but I think I have it wrong. Was it partial because you only saw a small part of the larger savanna?

Because I had across the way (Value) and saw tons of animals up close. TONS. It was like everyone came to visit CJ. But then again I'm still getting up when everyone else is running around the parks.

Once again, your fans are enthralling. Smiling. 10 point game in the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1007 View Post
Totally agree with the classification on your view being STANDARD! In fact, in this case I think there should be a view classification as - "Keep your curtains drawn, nothing to see out here". Though I'm not a big "view" type of girl, I like to save my points for more visits, I would have also requested a room change.

Have a standard view for my trip in Sept - since no one has ever been before to WDW - let alone AKV, what they don't know about the views, won't hurt them! Hey - it's a free trip for them so I am sure there will be no complaints.
On to the finals. The old men from Boston gave them all they could handle.

There was really only one smallish Savanna viewing area. It could count as a Savanna view but not nearly as nice as other views I had. Good for Disney to classify it as a standard. The other place was just really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydrmr View Post
I just want you to know how much I love reading all of your trip reports.....No matter what kind of day I am having, they always make me laugh, smile, etc. It is just the kind of break from the 'real world' I need in between my Disney trips. Thanks for taking the time to share. Good Luck to your daughter as she starts this next phase of her life. Sorry to hear your wallet was stolen! That's awful!
Thanks so much. She is now a high school graduate. Busy week with the ceremony and all the pomp and circumstance surrounding it. Posted a few pics on the other TR but here is one. Really proud day for the two of us.

Her and her Prom date.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: