Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #286
noahdove
DIS Veteran

When they email you back, they will send you a list of what they can do. It's really detailed and I think the email details all the cakes that they do.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #287
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

She thinks you want the $100 white chocolate wedding cake topper, which would indeed be too big for a mini cake:

Curious...is the sand castle wedding cake topper the same size as the white chocolate one pictured above? Just trying to figure out why that one is $100 and the sand castle is $165...unless I read it wrong. I guess maybe it's just the process to make it look like sand
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #288
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Exactly—it's the "sanding" process that adds up.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #289
princessarielle
Red Heads Rock!!

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday with a 4 night cruise on The Dream and then spending the rest of the weekend in WDW. When I return it will be marathon weekend and a bunch of friends will be there to run (me included). I would like to order a cake and have friends gather somewhere to enjoy it and hang out.

Can I get a cake bigger than 10" or even a sheet cake?

What are the odds that they can do the Redhead scene from POTC??

I should mention I will be staying at Boardwalk.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #290
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they still sell the little cakes in the treasure boxes? If so, can you order them at the podium or do they have to be requested in advance?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #291
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessarielle View Post

Can I get a cake bigger than 10" or even a sheet cake?
Sheet cakes are available in 1/4 ($55, serves 25), 1/2 ($80, serves 50) and full ($120, serves 100) sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessarielle View Post
What are the odds that they can do the Redhead scene from POTC??
They're allowed to; providing a high-res image for a screen print is your best bet.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #292
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandkelly13 View Post
Does anyone know if they still sell the little cakes in the treasure boxes? If so, can you order them at the podium or do they have to be requested in advance?
Unfortunately, they do not.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #293
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lurkyloo;45083144]Exactly. The only other ideas I have would be 1) See if you can order the minicake from GF private dining for pickup at Gasparilla Grill & Games. I have only ever heard of one person being able to do this, but it's worth a shot. Especially since you'll be ordering a fancy cake from them for Ohana. Maybe they'll take a shine to you!

Or, 2) If you have reservations at any of the places serviced by the Contemporary (see Post #2), contact the pastry chef at the Contemporary and see if there's a chance he has the mold for the mini castle topper. They do the white chocolate slipper (which used to be only available at the GF) so maybe they can get that one too.

I'm going to try your suggestions. I did want to mention though that the woman I spoke to at the BC private dining told me that they couldn't do mini cakes either. I figured if I couldn't get the mini castle cake that I would just order a mini 2 tier cake but it doesn't sound kplike they were willing to do that either. Ugh....

Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #294
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

I have seen references to a chocolate monorail??? We'll be at Bay Lake Tower next week and would love to order one for our family. Any ideas?? Does such a thing exist???

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #295
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post

I'm going to try your suggestions. I did want to mention though that the woman I spoke to at the BC private dining told me that they couldn't do mini cakes either. I figured if I couldn't get the mini castle cake that I would just order a mini 2 tier cake but it doesn't sound like they were willing to do that either. Ugh....
Waaaaiiit a minute! At least two people have gotten mini cakes from Yacht & Beach Club bakery in the last few months and posted them on the DIS! I know Disney hates it when you call up and say "But someone ELSE on the Internets got it!!!" but this might be a case where calling back and talking to a different CM gets you what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
I have seen references to a chocolate monorail??? We'll be at Bay Lake Tower next week and would love to order one for our family. Any ideas?? Does such a thing exist???
Yes! It's something like $50 or $75, and you get it by calling Private Dining at the Contemporary (phone number in post 2).
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #296
lurkyloo

Allergen-Free Cakes

I wanted to share the info on Disney's standard allergen-free (and vegan) cakes, available at any Disney restaurant on property with a week's notice.

Allergen-Free Cake Details
  • Price: $29.00
  • Can be personalized with up to 3 words
  • Cannot have an image added
  • A list of allergies is required with the order

Ingredients

CHOCOLATE CAKE for Guests with Food Allergies (Vegan)
Chocolate mix (organic evaporated cane juice, sweet brown rice flour,*tapioca flour, Dutch cocoa, arrowroot flour, rice milk powder, baking*soda, salt, cream of tartar and xanthan gum), vegetable oil, water,*egg replacer (potato starch, tapioca starch flour, leavening [calcium*lactate (not derived from dairy), calcium carbonate, citric acid],*sodium carboxymethylcellulose, methylcellulose);*chocolate*icing (shortening [palm oil], 10X sugar [sugar, cornstarch], Dutch*cocoa [cocoa powder, alkali], vanilla extract [vanilla bean extractives*in water, alcohol (35%) and sugar], rice milk [filtered water, brown*rice (partially milled), expeller-pressed high oleic safflower oil*and/or sunflower oil and/or canola oil, sea salt), baking powder*(monocalcium phosphate, bicarbonate of soda, cornstach).

PROCESSED IN A FACILITY USING TREE NUTS, SOYBEAN & PEANUTS;*NO GLUTEN ADDED

VANILLA CAKE for Guests with Food Allergies (Vegan)
Vanilla cake mix (evaporated cane juice, sweet rice flour, tapioca*flour, arrowroot flour, rice milk powder, baking soda, cream of*tartar, salt, ground vanilla bean and xanthan gum), vanilla*icing (shortening [palm oil], 10X sugar [sugar, cornstarch], vanilla*extract [vanilla bean extractives in water, alcohol (35%) and*sugar], rice milk (filtered water, brown rice [partially milled], expeller-pressed high oleic safflower oil and/or sunflower oil and/or canola*oil, sea salt), water, canola oil, egg replacer (potato starch,*tapioca starch flour, leavening [calcium lactate (not derived from*dairy), calcium carbonate, citric acid], apple sauce (apples, water,*erythorbic acid), baking powder (monocalcium phosphate, bicarbonate of*soda, cornstach).

PROCESSED IN A FACILITY USING TREE NUTS, PEANUTS, SOY & WHEAT; NO*GLUTEN ADDED
Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #297
lurkyloo

Standard Cake Photos

Below are images of standard cakes offered everywhere on Disney property except Coronado Springs Resort and Epcot. These are similar to what you will get if you don't request fondant, unique decorations, etc. CLICK HERE for complete details at each location, including prices and the flavor options for cakes 10 inches and larger.

Note that the designs pictured below are specific to cakes made by the Contemporary Resort, which also services the Magic Kingdom, Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. The decorations on standard cakes ordered elsewhere at Walt Disney World may vary, although the Mickey Mouse Cake at the bottom looks the same everywhere.

Last edited by lurkyloo; 02-27-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #298
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Waaaaiiit a minute! At least two people have gotten mini cakes from Yacht & Beach Club bakery in the last few months and posted them on the DIS! I know Disney hates it when you call up and say "But someone ELSE on the Internets got it!!!" but this might be a case where calling back and talking to a different CM gets you what you want.

Yes! It's something like $50 or $75, and you get it by calling Private Dining at the Contemporary (phone number in post 2).
Doing the happy dance! Just called Contemporary Private Dining and arranged for the chocolate monorail to be deliverd to our room at Bay Lake Tower on arrival day! It's a white chocolate monorail-- 3 cars, two ends and a middle. And they stand it up on a track! It also comes with 8 chocolate gourmet truffles for $40. Very excited. Now how am I going to keep quiet so I can suprise my family??? Thanks so much lurkyloo for the info!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #299
lurkyloo

Wow! That's a great price!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #300
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lurkyloo;45091919]Waaaaiiit a minute! At least two people have gotten mini cakes from Yacht & Beach Club bakery in the last few months and posted them on the DIS! I know Disney hates it when you call up and say "But someone ELSE on the Internets got it!!!" but this might be a case where calling back and talking to a different CM gets you what you want.

Thanks lurkyloo.... I did call back and got someone else. I ended up ordering my oldest DD a white two tier mini cake with little (baby blue) mickey heads going around it and for an add'l $10, they'll put a graduation cap as a topper. They'll write the congrats on her plate. Grand total $45. .... I also called the GF and left a message for someone to call me back about ordering my youngest DD a Tinkerbell specialty cake for her birthday. Wish me luck! Thanks again!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: