Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Your trip sounds great - we were hoping to go got Legoland too! Port Orleans is lovely - you'll have a great time!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
RachVH
Mouseketeer

I can't weigh in on the decision of whether to do to MNNSHP (because I have never been to one), but wanted to say that we will be in the MK for EMH on Sunday the 7th as well!
RachVH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Your trip sounds great - we were hoping to go got Legoland too! Port Orleans is lovely - you'll have a great time!
We'll definitely post some pictures and a report of Legoland. At 6 I think it will be a great time to take him. He's been begging me to take him back to Lego Discovery Place. I am thinking his grandparents can take hime while they are watching him in a couple of weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
I'm torn on your 2nd MNSSHP idea.
i love the idea of a second day to get everything done. and i love the mother son time. however, it may be too long and weary of day to do it and Legoland. that's really the thing that would hold me back if anything.
Yeah...I know. That's what's holding me back too. If we didn't have the drive (which I know will put him to sleep for an hour or so) and we were trying to do more that night, it would be a definite no. The late nap plus not worrying about fireworks or parade are the things that make me thing maybe we should go for it. Fortunately its not a decision I have to make right now. I doubt that Columbus Day Monday will sell out. I will buy in advance because the mark up is high enough but maybe I'll wait and see about the weather forecast etc. If its really hot that day or expecting rain I will punt on the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
I can't weigh in on the decision of whether to do to MNNSHP (because I have never been to one), but wanted to say that we will be in the MK for EMH on Sunday the 7th as well!
Fun! Maybe we will run into each other. I suspect you will be out much later than me. Are you doing MNSSHP? Such a great time!

My Disney related activity for the last 2 days has been to make lists in One Note. I have it on both my phone and iPad so I made the lists and synced them up. I have checklists for shopping, packing, things to make. I also made a list of questions for the other travelers, websites and contacts and a list of all my reservations/confirmations.

So nice to have everything in one place and that it syncs up between them. And that I can check things off when I buy/make them!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #19
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Glow Stick Swords

So I made it by the local dollar store yesterday just to check and see if they had gotten a new shipment of glow stuff. Was there last week and they did not have the glow stick swords I had previously found.

Not only did they have them...they had lots of different colors!

These are going into the pirate treasure boxes for the kids party gift. While they don't have a long life (probably not beyond the night they get them) pretty sure they will be a big hit. I got the one little girl a pink glow wand with a star on the end.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

More for the treasure box...

I was thinking about something fun to add to the treasure boxes that wasn't candy. I have a bunch of crayons that I purchased for 25c a box at a back to school sale that I've been trying to figure out what to do with. So I think I am going to make a pirate themed paper sleeve for them...but now what to color?

Enter a favorite company of mine with a 25% off discount. I found some Peter Pan coloring pages online. Put them together with a custom cover...and voila! Personalized coloring books!!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invit...3e3456b1389b8b

You may have to sign up to look at the book...but the front and back cover are below. The back has some text added in the book software but it says thank you from DS.

Front:

Back:

I suspect these treasure boxes are going to end up being really nice (read - expensive for party give away) gifts! But at least there are only at most 5 kids besides DS.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
Fun! Maybe we will run into each other. I suspect you will be out much later than me. Are you doing MNSSHP? Such a great time!
\
We're not planning on doing MNNSHP this year, but it does sound like tons of fun! We don't have kids yet, and my DH is not a huge Halloween person, so I think I will wait until I have someone else who will dress up with me.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

I have a problem...

I am seriously getting carried away with the Treasure Chests. I may need an intervention.

We went to the outlet near our house to get DH a birthday present at the Lego store from DS and I figured I'd stop in just to check if anything good was on sale. As I was walking by the registers I hear the CM tell a woman they have Lightening McQueen shirts for $1.99...WHAT!!

So I go check them out and manage to find enough for the boys. They had the cutest Minnie shirt for the little girl but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit by fall so I found a Jessie shirt that was $2.99...except they were all 25% off the lowest price. So after tax I scored 6 shirts...for less than $11!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am seriously getting carried away with the Treasure Chests. I may need an intervention.
Never! I get carried away too. In fact, I just signed on to do a post on my PTR to talk about all of the stuff I have purchased for our trip!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Day 3 A Little Bit of Everything

Tuesday 10/9 - We'll start today early in MK with ressies at CP pre-RD. I'm thinking we will just tour around in the morning, ride a few rides and get some autographs. I will let DS be the driver on this day. If we are out late the night before at the MNSSHP, DS will definitely need a break.

So we'll probably try to leave the park around lunchtime and head somewhere to eat. Might be a good day to try to eat at one of the resorts. I am thinking some pool time later in the day would be a good call and then DTD or mini-golf could be fun.

At least one of the other kids arrives this day so we might do Mini-golf in the evening depending on their arrival time. Nothing is open super late this day so maybe DH and I can hit the Boardwalk while my parents "watch" DS sleep.

This is probably my most up in the air day. While I'd love to pack in a bunch of stuff. Its really the only "down" day we have. And if we do the MNSSHP on Monday too its the only potential DTD day we have.

Thoughts? Any ideas for a relaxing day? We are definitely doing MK early due to the CP reservation and the idea of getting pre-RD pics on Main Street. But after than its completely flexible.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

if you think that he may nap after lego land, that may make a difference... does he wake up refreshed or crabbier than before? (re extra MNSSHP)

Quote:

We went to the outlet near our house to get DH a birthday present at the Lego store from DS and I figured I'd stop in just to check if anything good was on sale. As I was walking by the registers I hear the CM tell a woman they have Lightening McQueen shirts for $1.99...WHAT!!

So I go check them out and manage to find enough for the boys. They had the cutest Minnie shirt for the little girl but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit by fall so I found a Jessie shirt that was $2.99...except they were all 25% off the lowest price. So after tax I scored 6 shirts...for less than $11!
that's great!! those are my favorite type of goody bags to give out! its so much easier to give out some random toy or something that i found on clearance then fill those bags with whatever little stuff goes in the trash the next day after you find it on the floor LOL i also LOVE the coloring books and glow sticks!

Quote:
Tuesday 10/9 - We'll start today early in MK with ressies at CP pre-RD. I'm thinking we will just tour around in the morning, ride a few rides and get some autographs. I will let DS be the driver on this day. If we are out late the night before at the MNSSHP, DS will definitely need a break.

So we'll probably try to leave the park around lunchtime and head somewhere to eat. Might be a good day to try to eat at one of the resorts. I am thinking some pool time later in the day would be a good call and then DTD or mini-golf could be fun.

At least one of the other kids arrives this day so we might do Mini-golf in the evening depending on their arrival time. Nothing is open super late this day so maybe DH and I can hit the Boardwalk while my parents "watch" DS sleep.

This is probably my most up in the air day. While I'd love to pack in a bunch of stuff. Its really the only "down" day we have. And if we do the MNSSHP on Monday too its the only potential DTD day we have.

Thoughts? Any ideas for a relaxing day? We are definitely doing MK early due to the CP reservation and the idea of getting pre-RD pics on Main Street. But after than its completely flexible.
i would just really play this by ear. if you are out late and up early you may all want to rest a bit. I'd probably make my kids take a nap, spend the afternoon exploring the resort, and then head to dtd for dinner. my kids could easily spend a day at most resorts and not mind at all. head over to POR and go fishing, swim, playground, arcade. plus, that way you are around when the other arrive.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
if you think that he may nap after lego land, that may make a difference... does he wake up refreshed or crabbier than before? (re extra MNSSHP).
He's usually pretty good. He'll take a bit to shake it off but then he's good to go.

Quote:
that's great!! those are my favorite type of goody bags to give out! its so much easier to give out some random toy or something that i found on clearance then fill those bags with whatever little stuff goes in the trash the next day after you find it on the floor LOL i also LOVE the coloring books and glow sticks!
I'm with you on that. I hate some of the junk DS has gotten at parties and so much of it I just feel like is inappropriate. Last year we had a soccer birthday party and I got all the kids soccer jerseys (they were <$5) each and so cute!

Quote:
i would just really play this by ear. if you are out late and up early you may all want to rest a bit. I'd probably make my kids take a nap, spend the afternoon exploring the resort, and then head to dtd for dinner. my kids could easily spend a day at most resorts and not mind at all. head over to POR and go fishing, swim, playground, arcade. plus, that way you are around when the other arrive.
That's what I am thinking too. Guessing DH will head over to Epcot for F&W, maybe taking my Dad with him. Then they will come back and be happy to take DS to the pool. I'd love for DS to take a nap...but if he doesn't just hanging out would be fine too.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #27
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Day 4 - First Park Day Part 2

Wednesday - October 10th
At least 2 of the other kids that will be joining us will be going to their first park today. So we will plan to go to MK this morning. One of the kids has been before (during a busy time) and the other has not been. So this should be a lot of fun. There should be one other family with us although I have no idea of their plans yet so not sure when they get in...they were talking about being there the whole week.

My plan would be to get there early and do as much as possible in the morning. Since I am not scripting the day too much, others can get there whenever they want. I'd like to be at RD since we will likely have an easy night the night before.

Midday we may switch parks or hit the pool since we will already have had a good bit of MK fun before the others arrive. Of course I'll let DS dictate what we do since it will be his first day with his friends. He may want to hang with them and show them the ropes. I suspect DH will arrive late or leave early or both. He has a much lower Disney tolerance and being more "pooh sized" and having feet+back issues he'll want a break.

It is EMH at Epcot so I thinking we might take advantage of Neverland Club for the kids this evening and the grown ups head over to the F&W festival. Idea would be not to stay out too late since the next day will be a long one, but to enjoy a little grown up time as a group. This would require PH for the adults but I don't think we have any need for the kids to get them.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #28
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][B]It is EMH at Epcot so I thinking we might take advantage of Neverland Club for the kids this evening and the grown ups head over to the F&W festival. Idea would be not to stay out too late since the next day will be a long one, but to enjoy a little grown up time as a group. This would require PH for the adults but I don't think we have any need for the kids to get them.
I think building some "adult time" into this trip will be helpful for everyone's sanity! Plus, you need to get some good F&W time in.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Day 5 - BIRTHDAY BOY!

Thursday, October 11 - Today is DS's actual birthday. And its the only ADR I have planned for the whole group. We have a pre-RD reservation for Breakfast at Tusker House. There are several reasons for this.
  1. To get all the kids to a character meal
  2. Get everyone to AK early since we will likely leave early.
  3. Make sure we can hit the safari as early as possible.

I suspect we have a few late night/late risers in the group and because this is the MNSSHP night for the group we need to make sure we get done as much as possible early and head back to the hotel for a mid-day break.

Now that there are fewer characters in AK and that we will have already seen some of the ones with longer lines at breakfast, we should be able to make it through most of the activities by 2pm if we grab a snack along the way. I'm hoping to maybe hit counter service (thinking Flame Tree) on the way out. So long as we are out before the parade crowd starts gathering I think we are good. We won't get to do Rafiki's Watch this time and I would really like to catch the parade one of these days but I know that in order to make sure we have a successful MNSSHP we need a break.

I'm guessing we'll plan to get back to MK sometime between 5-6 in costume. DS wants to be a pirate so I will dress up like a pirate too. Not sure what DH will be. My parents will likely reprise their roles as a witch and donald duck.

If DS and I have gone to the earlier party...which I am leaning towards...this one will be all about the parade, fireworks, rides and candy. If we have gotten the characters and the dance parties out of the way at the earlier party this should give us plenty of time to do everything we want to do. I'd love to do the late parade rather than the early one, but just not sure how the kids will do.

I know Friday will be a later morning so we should be good as far as letting the kids sleep in.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #30
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Home alone this week. DS is with his grandparents until middle of next week. He's in soccer camp this week and will go watch some college baseball over the weekend. DH is in Vegas with one of his good friends. They try to go every year for a guys poker weekend. He'll be back Thursday night. We are planning to get together with my BFF to talk plans for our other vacation this year...to Paris!

Time to get a little more organized about all the trip stuff. I have purchased a bunch of stuff like sunscreen, mickey bandaids, etc plus all the treasure box stuff that needs to be sorted through. I was really hoping the coloring books would be here yesterday, but they didn't arrive until today. Not sure if I'll get by to pick them up for a couple more days though.

And if I get really ambitous I'll start working on some of my projects like the crayon box bands and the iron on transfers for the tote bags. I need to spend some time on the DiSign board too looking for t-shirt designs I like and maybe autograph cards. So many projects...so little time. :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: