Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I also booked on the first day it opened last trip and our seats were not at the railing, but the very next section behind it - where we were there was no other tables in front of us, just the walkway then the wall.

My only aggravation was the really pushy family next to us at the railing. Also, that people got up and went to the railing REALLY early, causing us to have to do the same. Our CM that seated us said "10 minutes before" to go up to the railing - in reality, it was close to 25 minutes before.

Just my pet peeve - like when people in the front rows at a concert stand up, causing everyone behind them to have to stand - the domino effect.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
ChrisMouse
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when the window opens/how far ahead, etc.?

Our trip is in November, and currently it doesn't show any availability.

ChrisMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

My dh and I had the perfect table when we went last Dec. We were near the photopass photograhper about 4 tables up. Near the desert table BUT the best was being in a perfect view of the castle, even when people were at the railing.

We did get up because I really wanted to see Tinkerbell fly overhead. And I did, but part way through I sat next to dh and watched the end. We did miss some of the higher fireworks because of the roof, but it was very relaxing and the view was great!

Hope to go back in Dec.!

Kelly
kellyg403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
deelovesdis
city by the sea dee

Smile How many desserts did you take??? LOL

Hi! Looking at these pics of the desserts is definitely making my mouth water, so I am wondering here. dare I ask...

How many desserts did you or would you take before you would think it was too much?

I think I could take 4 or 5 desserts and then I think people would look at me like I was a pig.

so I am asking for advice from someone who has gone already..... How many desserts did you take? OR did most of the people attending take? How many before you get stared at by the crowd?

deedee
1982 onsite w/fiance'
1983 off site w/ fiance'
1989 offsite w/ Aunt and Mom
1991 offsite w/ Aunt
1995 offsite w/ sister and nephew
1999 onsite Old Key West with daughter/ cousins and Mom
2001 onsite Old Key West with Daughter
2004 Sept- 11th DISNEY TRIP!! Onsite Caribbean Beach with Daughter and Mom
2006 August 25th off site WestGate Lakes
2007 August 19-Sept 1st Westgate Lakes
2007 Sept 2-Sept 9th BOARDWALK VILLAS BABY
2008 August 8-31st Westgate lakes with DD
2011 Bonnet Creek August 2011 w/sister and daughter
2012 AUg 25-Sept 1 BOARDWAK VILLAS YEAH!!
2013 August Bonnet Creek with DD
2013 Dec 15-Jan 5 2014 Bonnet Creek with DD and Mom
2014 July and August 2014 Marriott Grand Vista with DD
deelovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #35
Gary M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMouse View Post

I phoned yesterday and was told booking availability was open only to July 31. I'm looking for September.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #36
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

How many desserts? I made 2 trips with a full plate both times. No one cares. No one is watching you. Take what you want.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #37
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelovesdis View Post
Hi! Looking at these pics of the desserts is definitely making my mouth water, so I am wondering here. dare I ask...

How many desserts did you or would you take before you would think it was too much?

I think I could take 4 or 5 desserts and then I think people would look at me like I was a pig.

so I am asking for advice from someone who has gone already..... How many desserts did you take? OR did most of the people attending take? How many before you get stared at by the crowd?

deedee
Take as much as you want, no one is watching anyone else, the CM's clear your plates away quickly so its not like you have a pile of plates at your table and there is SO MUCH food there that you will get full before most things run out. For the price I paid I was gonna try to get my money's worth LOL.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #38
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I so wish these were appetizers instead of desserts. I would book in a minute. In fact I DID BOOK for our next week's trip but ended up canceling....I think the concept is awesome though but just wish the food was different or maybe in addition to the desserts fresh fruit, etc

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #39
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
I phoned yesterday and was told booking availability was open only to July 31. I'm looking for September.
there is a whole thread for watching the dates
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want to say last year, they opened up around 6 weeks pre-party. Don't trust on-line, because they will say there aren't any openings, when in reality, they haven't even opened up. Wish it would say something like "Sorry this reservation is not available yet" instead of there are no openings.

We had really good luck last year, we had to change from a table of 4 to a table of 6 two weeks out...and we got a front table, so someone must have cancelled. So don't give up. Also, I think sometimes you have better luck calling. Some places have "glitches" online. I'd been trying since my 180 days for Afternoon tea at GF and it always showed full, but I mentioned it here on the boards and was told the Afternoon Tea ressies were glitchy, so I called and got exactly when I wanted.

Also, about the railing...a good place to scope out is by where the photopass person is, because he doesn't take pics during Wishes, but the area has to stay clear until the Photopass guy is done.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #41
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
The area where i show behind the photopass photographer is the area my wife and i liked, didn't get in anyone's way that was seated... There may be other locations on the other side, but i'm not sure. As mentioned before, The Cast Members will tell everyone to stand at the railing to view the fireworks, so i guess in reality, it's fair warning to all... there is no bad spot to view them. Not trying to be bold about it, just stating "Disney Rules".

Edit to add: I was just looking at the pictures... For those tables that can see the fireworks seated, i imagine that even if some stood in front of them at the railing, that those seated will be able to see them fine. I'd love to hear feedback from those that may have had this situation.
We were just there. We were seated in the front row, at the corner. We saw everything just fine from our table, even with people standing at the railing. It was the perfect view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
I so wish these were appetizers instead of desserts. I would book in a minute. In fact I DID BOOK for our next week's trip but ended up canceling....I think the concept is awesome though but just wish the food was different or maybe in addition to the desserts fresh fruit, etc
When we were there last week, there was plenty of fresh fruit (and not just chocolate covered strawberries). There was also milk, lemonade, coffee, tea, and water. I agree there is only so much dessert one person could eat, but I viewed it as a private viewing of the fireworks without the major throngs of crowds and the desserts were just a perk. I noticed a few tables ate no dessert at all, so they must have had the same outlook. I do agree appetizer and desserts would be nice; you could almost make it a meal then--at a lower cost than most table service meals!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #42
stasijane
Crazed one

I am having bad chocolate cravings now.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
CableKC
Mouseketeer

The only TomorrowLand Dessert Reservation that we can get is at 9:20pm. I was hoping to catch the Electric Parade at 9pm.

How long is the Electric Parade show?

Does the parade route go anywhere near TomorrowLand?

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to catch most of the Electric Parade and then make it over to the TomorrowLand Dessert Party by 9:20pm.
CableKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #44
jaycie12DISFAN
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the pictures and info...I'm waiting to go later this month!
jaycie12DISFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #45
Heidi Lou
The Mouse's Biggest Fan!

Just booked for August and when i was the lady said, "have you seen pictures?"...thanks to you, OP, i said o yes and it looks delicious! Can't wait!!!

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: