Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What a great day! Where did you have breakfast? Was it the Hotel Maya? My wedding was there when it was the Coast Hotel, I haven't been back since they renamed it and remodeled the restaurant. I've heard it is fabulous, I'd love to have another great breakfast spot to hit in Long Beach.

The tour looks great. We did it about 10-12 years ago and I don't remember seeing any of the state rooms or the other places you went. When we did the tour they showed how the ship had been used during WWII for military service. Maybe we should try that again for something new.

I'm glad you had fun at the park and finally got to see Fantasmic! I really prefer DL's version just because it doesn't have a dedicated theater. The way that the show comes together out of elements of the park rides and areas that guests use and walk through during the day, and how it transforms at night is one of the most amazing parts of the show.

Great pictures of the castle! Looking forward to hearing more.
Yes, it was at the Hotel Maya. We loved breakfast there and would definitely recommend it.

The photos of the dining rooms and the staterooms where in the same sort of area where the displays of how the Queen Mary looked during WW2. The other photos were displays of how the officers quarters looked like and were near the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckryan View Post
What great pictures you took at DL!! WOW!! What kind of camera do you have? You sure packed a lot in before the cruise! We stayed at the Queen Mary the night before the cruise and did a little self-guided tour the morning we left. We missed those crew quarters, so it was nice to see some pictures of them!
The photos from Disneyland are actually courtesy of the Photopass CD that I got last October. There were all kinds of neat bonus photos on there. I had brought my camera, but I never took it out. I suppose this is what being completely overtired does to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Back when I was a kid.... I think it was 24 years ago, I visited the Spruce Goose and the Queen Mary. I can remember it being wonderfully large and have a grand time. The pictures were really great, I have non from when I was there.

Where is the Goose now? Oregon I believe.
The Queen Mary is actually larger than the Wonder and the Magic and was much faster, too. Today there is the Queen Mary and the Scorpion Submarine. Opposite the Queen Mary, there was also a collection of mock Tudor buildings and we never figured out what this is.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: