Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #2236
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearloch View Post
K this was probally already asked and answered but!! iF YOU DO online check in how do you get your keys and dining stuff?? at the hotel still when you arrive? also we are staying 2 nighsand did the dining plan on check-out day we are planning on hanging around and using are last dining credits they are still good right untill midnight of check out day?
You still have to check in, it's just a much quicker process if you are happy with he room assignment.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #2237
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Leaving in a week & trying to make sure I have everything covered. Thought I read somewhere on here there are only four hangers in the closet. Also wondering if there is the retractable clothes line in the tub/shower. Can someone there now or recently confirm these for me? TIA!
I'm there right now in my room. I count 12 hangers and there is a line for clothes.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #2238
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm there right now in my room. I count 12 hangers and there is a line for clothes.
I see the weather has taken a turn for the better for you! Must be awesome to be at CSR today!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #2239
sorahl1
Pressed Pennies are a delight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Lucky you. I have yet to get a pin in over 20 visits.

same here. isn't it amazing????
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #2240
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Leaving in a week & trying to make sure I have everything covered. Thought I read somewhere on here there are only four hangers in the closet. Also wondering if there is the retractable clothes line in the tub/shower. Can someone there now or recently confirm these for me? TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I posted about only having 4 hangers. I never thought about calling to request more. I made due with what I had. Perhaps some of the hangers from my room ended up in creativeamanda's room since she has 12.

And yes, there is a retractable clothes line above the tub. We used it to hang our swimsuits and ponchos to dry. Unfortunately, we had to dry the ponchos far more often than I would have liked. We had 3 days with almost all day rain, much more than the short afternoon shower that I'm used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
One other side note, We leave 3 dollars per day in our room for our housekeeper and I noticed this trip, he/she would not take it. So the next day, I left a note that said mousekeeper tip on it with the money. Then he/she took the tip. I thought that was very honest and I'm not sure that ever occurred with us before. We were in Casitas 5. Loved our location by the way.
The same thing happened to us. I was leaving between $3 and $5, depending on what I have in my wallet that day. I usually leave a note with it that specifies it's for housekeeping. One morning, we were rushing out the door when I realized I hadn't left the tip. I grabbed $3 from my wallet and left them in the center of the bed. When we came back that evening, the $3 was still lying in the center of the now made bed. I felt bad that the housekeeper didn't take it.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #2241
judaloo
Mouseketeer

Just Back!

Hi All,

Just got back from our first CSR stay 5/27-6/2. Thought I'd give a quick run down of things for those needing info.
We did not do online check in (after much debate!) I requested Cabanas and we ended up in 9A and room was ready when we arrived at 4pm. Great location! We were close to Bus stop 4, also there is a quiet pool and laundry in that building. It wasn't a far walk to the dig site. We always walked to El Centro, but if you wanted to take the bus, it is only one stop away.

On the buses:
Except for one day going to Epcot, we never waited more than ten minutes at the resort. When leaving the parks the CSR bus stop is the first one in the queue, which is really nice! For the most part, we had a place to sit, and only had a crowded bus twice, once in the morning, and once at park closing. Even then, I can say it was NOTHING like the crowded buses we experienced at POR nearly every time we got on.

The Dig Site was incredible! The kids absolutely loved the slide, as did I. The hot tub was great. Since it's so large, it was never over crowded with plenty of room to relax. The campfire and marshmallow roasting was a huge hit with my kids and the cast members in charge of the pool activities were outstanding! My four year old charmed the pants off them and they were trying to roast the perfect marshmallow for him!
We ate at Siesta's one night and the food was good. We ordered Chicken tenders, nachos and a hamburger. Event though we had our mugs she was very good about making sure we got our drink and we ordered the bottled waters to put in our room fridge. The crows by the pool are brave! I walked away from our table to get condiments and saw a crow flying off with a Dorito! They did make it hard to relax and enjoy our food, but obviously..that can't be helped.The kids and I just talked the four year old into scaring them away lol!

Housekeeping:
I felt like they were pretty attentive. Although, we didn't get any towel animals, they did arrange my son's stuffed animals daily and even put the kid's mouse ears on them. Pretty cute We did have one issue with the floor being extremely wet between the bed and the wall (closest to the door). I noticed it our first night when going to bed, but was in a hurry the next morning for rope drop and didn't call. When we returned that afternoon, they had an industrial fan in our room blowing on the spot. I unplugged it because it was extremely loud, and plugged back in when we left for dinner. It seemed to help, but then a couple of days later it appeared again. It was under the AC control unit, so I'm wondering if the unit was leaking? I also noticed alot of water on the outside walkways. I thought perhaps they had an issue with gutters? We were on the first floor, so not sure where the standing water was coming from. Oh..the coffee maker is Cuisinart, with spots for two pods. Beds and pillows...cannot say enough about how comfy they were! I'm very picky about my pillows and when driving I always bring my own. I have arthritis in my neck and bad pillows can ruin me for the next day. No worries here, I slept like a baby.

Pepper Market:
I agree with others that while not outright rude, the servers there don't really exude any "magic" lol! We had dinner there one night and our server never checked back at all to fill our drinks. When ordering it was vague as to where to pick up food. I sat and waited forever(We were seated right in front of the station), for my food to be put up. Finally after 10 minutes or so, I went up and realized it was sitting there getting cold on the other side while she handed out other people's food. I realize it was my fault for not knowing; but I felt it should have been more apparent. On the flip side, we had breakfast there our last day for the buffet and had a very attentive and friendly server. The breakfast buffet food was good, and I preferred it to the ala carte dinner offerings.

Grounds:
What's not to love! Beautiful landscaping. Lots of wildlife that make walks back to the room enjoyable. Lizards and squirrels abound and the kids loved spotting them. We absolutely loved stopping on the beach and relaxing in the hammocks. The kids played in the sand, and I swayed and smiled

The concierge was super helpful...as well as the registration staff.
I loved the resort, and both the kids and I (ages 10, 8 and 4) all agreed that we would like to stay here again. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #2242
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by judaloo View Post
Hi All,

Just got back from our first CSR stay 5/27-6/2. Thought I'd give a quick run down of things for those needing info.
We did not do online check in (after much debate!) I requested Cabanas and we ended up in 9A and room was ready when we arrived at 4pm. Great location! We were close to Bus stop 4, also there is a quiet pool and laundry in that building. It wasn't a far walk to the dig site. We always walked to El Centro, but if you wanted to take the bus, it is only one stop away.

On the buses:
Except for one day going to Epcot, we never waited more than ten minutes at the resort. When leaving the parks the CSR bus stop is the first one in the queue, which is really nice! For the most part, we had a place to sit, and only had a crowded bus twice, once in the morning, and once at park closing. Even then, I can say it was NOTHING like the crowded buses we experienced at POR nearly every time we got on.

The Dig Site was incredible! The kids absolutely loved the slide, as did I. The hot tub was great. Since it's so large, it was never over crowded with plenty of room to relax. The campfire and marshmallow roasting was a huge hit with my kids and the cast members in charge of the pool activities were outstanding! My four year old charmed the pants off them and they were trying to roast the perfect marshmallow for him!
We ate at Siesta's one night and the food was good. We ordered Chicken tenders, nachos and a hamburger. Event though we had our mugs she was very good about making sure we got our drink and we ordered the bottled waters to put in our room fridge. The crows by the pool are brave! I walked away from our table to get condiments and saw a crow flying off with a Dorito! They did make it hard to relax and enjoy our food, but obviously..that can't be helped.The kids and I just talked the four year old into scaring them away lol!

Housekeeping:
I felt like they were pretty attentive. Although, we didn't get any towel animals, they did arrange my son's stuffed animals daily and even put the kid's mouse ears on them. Pretty cute We did have one issue with the floor being extremely wet between the bed and the wall (closest to the door). I noticed it our first night when going to bed, but was in a hurry the next morning for rope drop and didn't call. When we returned that afternoon, they had an industrial fan in our room blowing on the spot. I unplugged it because it was extremely loud, and plugged back in when we left for dinner. It seemed to help, but then a couple of days later it appeared again. It was under the AC control unit, so I'm wondering if the unit was leaking? I also noticed alot of water on the outside walkways. I thought perhaps they had an issue with gutters? We were on the first floor, so not sure where the standing water was coming from. Oh..the coffee maker is Cuisinart, with spots for two pods. Beds and pillows...cannot say enough about how comfy they were! I'm very picky about my pillows and when driving I always bring my own. I have arthritis in my neck and bad pillows can ruin me for the next day. No worries here, I slept like a baby.

Pepper Market:
I agree with others that while not outright rude, the servers there don't really exude any "magic" lol! We had dinner there one night and our server never checked back at all to fill our drinks. When ordering it was vague as to where to pick up food. I sat and waited forever(We were seated right in front of the station), for my food to be put up. Finally after 10 minutes or so, I went up and realized it was sitting there getting cold on the other side while she handed out other people's food. I realize it was my fault for not knowing; but I felt it should have been more apparent. On the flip side, we had breakfast there our last day for the buffet and had a very attentive and friendly server. The breakfast buffet food was good, and I preferred it to the ala carte dinner offerings.

Grounds:
What's not to love! Beautiful landscaping. Lots of wildlife that make walks back to the room enjoyable. Lizards and squirrels abound and the kids loved spotting them. We absolutely loved stopping on the beach and relaxing in the hammocks. The kids played in the sand, and I swayed and smiled

I loved the resort, and both the kids and I (ages 10, 8 and 4) all agreed that we would like to stay here again. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
Thanks for the detailed review; so glad that you and the kids enjoyed your stay at the CSR. I hope you saw John at concierge...he is wonderful.

It truly is a beautiful resort.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #2243
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Hi All,

Just got back from our first CSR stay 5/27-6/2.

. . .

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #2244
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi All,

On the buses:

Housekeeping:

Pepper Market:

Grounds:

Glad you had a great trip!

I think they do need better signs at the Pepper Market directing people where to order and where to pick up food. The buffet is so much easier than the ala carte since the plates are out and you help yourself.

I think Disney birds and squirrels are extremely bold from people feeding them. We had a squirrel at the Dig Site that wanted my nachos and it was so bold, I had to guard my plate, lol. I've seen birds at the magic kingdom swoop down and take people's hotdogs out of their buns and take off with them!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #2245
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Room questions

We have 4 rooms booked for the preferred location. Due to the strollers and others in our party, I do not want to be on a higher floor without an elevator. It looks like that would be Casitas 2 only (according to the first page of the thread). So Casitas 1 and 3 have elevators?

Of course, I'm not even sure if I should request a higher floor or ground floor! In general, I've found higher floors to be less trafficked than the ground floors and ground floor rooms can be an invitation to more bugs getting in.

How many floors are in each building at CSR? Or more specifically, Casitas 1, 2, or 3?

For those that have stayed there, what is your preference out of the three buildings and what is your preference for ground/higher floor and why?

Thanks so much for any input you can give me!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #2246
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I love reading everyones reports on this resort as we are planning on staying there next August. It's always good to hear about how kids like it as my DD's will be 9,12 and 16 when we go. It really looks like a lovely resort and has great appeal for me. We stayed at POR last time which was good to but want to try something different. I'm sure CB is good as well but having queen size beds makes a lot of difference to people. Now if CB had them we might have had to take a vote between the two but for me CSR just has it. Next August seems so far away!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #2247
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Glad you had a great trip!

I think they do need better signs at the Pepper Market directing people where to order and where to pick up food. The buffet is so much easier than the ala carte since the plates are out and you help yourself.

I think Disney birds and squirrels are extremely bold from people feeding them. We had a squirrel at the Dig Site that wanted my nachos and it was so bold, I had to guard my plate, lol. I've seen birds at the magic kingdom swoop down and take people's hotdogs out of their buns and take off with them!
We "experienced" those sneaky squirrels, too!

Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #2248
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Thanks everyone for the hanger info. . My next question is about the campfire/s'mores/movies at night. Wondering what time those are scheduled. We get in to MCO around 3 & thought we might just check out the resort, swim and take in the other activities our first night. Think this would be a great & relaxing way to start our vacation.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #2249
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We have 4 rooms booked for the preferred location. Due to the strollers and others in our party, I do not want to be on a higher floor without an elevator. It looks like that would be Casitas 2 only (according to the first page of the thread). So Casitas 1 and 3 have elevators?

Of course, I'm not even sure if I should request a higher floor or ground floor! In general, I've found higher floors to be less trafficked than the ground floors and ground floor rooms can be an invitation to more bugs getting in.

How many floors are in each building at CSR? Or more specifically, Casitas 1, 2, or 3?

For those that have stayed there, what is your preference out of the three buildings and what is your preference for ground/higher floor and why?

Thanks so much for any input you can give me!
The Casitas bulidings have 4 floors. We have had a top floor room every trip because my wife likes having nobody above us. I don't care as much, but I will say we had an awesome view from the 4th floor in Casitas 4 last time. We haven't stayed in 1,2, or 3. 1 and 3 are closer to food court. 2 is a good location if you are at the far end right by the quiet pool and number 2 busstop which is the best stop.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #2250
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the hanger info. . My next question is about the campfire/s'mores/movies at night. Wondering what time those are scheduled. We get in to MCO around 3 & thought we might just check out the resort, swim and take in the other activities our first night. Think this would be a great & relaxing way to start our vacation.
Campfire was at 7pm and the movie started at 9pm.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: