Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Pre-Trip Report(19) - Next Trip Planning

Pre-Trip Report - 19 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

We haven't yet taken this year's trip and I'm thinking down the line to next couple of years.

Even the seventh month window comes up fast.

I'm sure as a fellow DVC owner, you can understand. It's fun to dream but thinking about future trips can be frustrating too.

Things to consider:

What's the point situation?

We're borrowing points from 2013 for this year's trip. We'll have over 100 points left over for 2013. We could do a trip just the two of us in winter or bank for 2 bedroom following year. My DS invited us to Wildwood, NJ this year but I believe we'll pass. We may go to beach next year if we do a DW and me trip in winter. I'd like to do a BCV studio. There are so many variables to consider.

Who will go on next trip?

I'd like to do a DW and me only trip. I'm not sure DW is 100% on board. Even though our kids are older, (DS 20, DD 18 and DS 16) DW wants to bring them. Especially DD, who is mad crazy for WDW like us.

Last night, we were out with my cousin's family and my DW is close friends with. They're starting to talk about going next year together. I love going on vacation with a large party.

25th Wedding Anniversary

DW and I have talked about a 25th Wedding Anniversary trip and that's in 2 years. She has a dream to visit DisneyLand and Hawaii. I love the idea of a 2 week trip combining both of those destinations.

I'm sure we'll discuss more while we are down there in a few weeks.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your daily count downs - the Anniversary trip to DL and Hawaii sounds like a good one.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Convince your wife to do an adults only trip. We love going with the kidS, but have done two trips by ourselves and had a blast.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
SLM
DIS Veteran

You could do an off season (May or September) stay at Hilton Head! My husband and I have gone once by ourselves and once with our daughter and her husband. We've also done Vero Beach for a nice late winter/early spring break. We love WDW but these two resorts are so beautiful!
P.S. I love your countdowns-they are alot of fun to read!
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM View Post
You could do an off season (May or September) stay at Hilton Head! My husband and I have gone once by ourselves and once with our daughter and her husband. We've also done Vero Beach for a nice late winter/early spring break. We love WDW but these two resorts are so beautiful!
P.S. I love your countdowns-they are alot of fun to read!
Excellent ideas and I love the options DVC brings.

DW and I used to vacation in Wildwood Crest NJ before kids. We love the beach. I gave her the engagement ring in May of 1988 on the beach in Wildwood.

Thanks for the encouragement and praise. I hope my Trip Report is fun too.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: