Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #91
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Subbing and reading back

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #92
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Most concise way to describe Party for the Senses: mega cocktail party with food and beverage stations. An expensive extra ticketed event held during select Saturdays during the Food & Wine Festival. For the past few years there have been two tiers of ticket prices: main room with tables but no reserved tables or Wine View Lounge in the Main Room with reserved tables.

Here is a review from 2010 on the Disney Food Blog.
Thank you! Great summary! Are you guaranteed a seat even though you don't have a reserved table? Going to check out the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #93
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Thank you! Great summary! Are you guaranteed a seat even though you don't have a reserved table? Going to check out the link!

PFTS was intended to be an event where you stroll around the room (mind you, it's a room the size of a football field) without sitting down for extended periods of time. In the main room, there are a number of tables available, but there are not guaranteed seats and/or tables for all guests. The hope was that guests would get some food, sit down for a few minutes, and then get up and move along, but there are many guests who either prefer or require having a table all night. There was a mad rush at the beginning of the evening to "claim" the available tables, and many guests choose to stay there all night.

With the advent of the Wine View Lounge (and what appears to me to be the addition of more tables in the main part of the room), this hasn't been quite as hectic in recent years.

If you need to have a seat throughout the evening, consider the Wine View Lounge. It is more expensive, but there are additional benefits, and you do have a reserved table. If you don't need a seat, think about arriving a few minutes after the start time. You'll probably be able to stroll in without waiting in the massive crowd.

This event does have its cons, but it's something we look forward to every year. Wouldn't be the F&W Festival without it

Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #94
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I've got a lot to learn about F&W. I had no clue how many cool extra things went on.
I actually love the extra stuff of the F&W Festival, more than the kiosk stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejTheLion View Post
PFTS was intended to be an event where you stroll around the room (mind you, it's a room the size of a football field) without sitting down for extended periods of time. In the main room, there are a number of tables available, but there are not guaranteed seats and/or tables for all guests. The hope was that guests would get some food, sit down for a few minutes, and then get up and move along, but there are many guests who either prefer or require having a table all night. There was a mad rush at the beginning of the evening to "claim" the available tables, and many guests choose to stay there all night.

With the advent of the Wine View Lounge (and what appears to me to be the addition of more tables in the main part of the room), this hasn't been quite as hectic in recent years.

If you need to have a seat throughout the evening, consider the Wine View Lounge. It is more expensive, but there are additional benefits, and you do have a reserved table. If you don't need a seat, think about arriving a few minutes after the start time. You'll probably be able to stroll in without waiting in the massive crowd.

This event does have its cons, but it's something we look forward to every year. Wouldn't be the F&W Festival without it
That's what Fran and I are considering because with her scooter we need a guaranteed seat. At Taste in CA, we had these tables we put on the front of our scooters, but i'm not sure we can ship them there or do that so we'll see once we start talking about this trip.

I'm not sure it will really happen, I'm kind of in the mindset that we will be canceling it in September since we have canceled the last two trips, sort of like we should sell our DVC becuase we will never go again, but who knows, maybe we will go again and I will drop the cynical attitude!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #95
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That's what Fran and I are considering because with her scooter we need a guaranteed seat. At Taste in CA, we had these tables we put on the front of our scooters, but i'm not sure we can ship them there or do that so we'll see once we start talking about this trip.

I'm not sure it will really happen, I'm kind of in the mindset that we will be canceling it in September since we have canceled the last two trips, sort of like we should sell our DVC becuase we will never go again, but who knows, maybe we will go again and I will drop the cynical attitude!
Alison, just keep believing - third time's the charm!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #96
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Just scored the Yacht Club with the military salute rate for 5 nights to include 3 days of the festival cannot wait! Taking a girlfriend from work who hasn't been to WDW in ages and needs a break from her hectic live. Cannot wait to hear more as info comes available.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #97
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Thank you Nej! We don't have to have a seat but don't want to stand and eat the whole evening either.

No canceling Alison. I'm sending all sorts of mojo and pixiedust!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #98
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Mouseplanet is reporting that reservations for the Party for the Senses (and I assume other F&W special events) will begin on August 14th. Anyone else heard this?

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #99
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Mouseplanet is reporting that reservations for the Party for the Senses (and I assume other F&W special events) will begin on August 14th. Anyone else heard this?
Yes, Pam Brandon mentioned it in a Reply on the Disney Parks Blog.

"Pam Brandon on May 29th, 2012 at 6:26 pm
Reservations for Party for the Senses open Aug. 14."

We are assuming that Aug 14th will be the booking date for all the special events. Not necessarily the food demonstrations and beverage seminars but the other extra cost ticketed events.
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #100
loricdietzel
Mouseketeer

This will be our first F&W festival and I am very excited! HOWEVER, due to having a child not old enough for the Neverland Club and refusing to spend $150 to have someone I don't know sit in the hotel room with my children for three hours, we will be attending with a 4 and almost 2-yr old. Any tips or advice??? (Besides for go during the week?) We will be there Oct 19-Nov 2.
loricdietzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #101
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricdietzel View Post
This will be our first F&W festival and I am very excited! HOWEVER, due to having a child not old enough for the Neverland Club and refusing to spend $150 to have someone I don't know sit in the hotel room with my children for three hours, we will be attending with a 4 and almost 2-yr old. Any tips or advice??? (Besides for go during the week?) We will be there Oct 19-Nov 2.
Anybody can wander the World Showcase and eat at the kiosks. The only caveat I'd give you is to avoid Friday nights and Saturdays. Shoot for Monday-Thursday in particular. You appear to be staying 2 weeks so you should have ample time to hit Epcot on a weekday.

If you are interested in the events and seminars, be advised that there is no child price. Children of any age are required to purchase full admission. (This includes the culinary seminars at the Festival Center. If you do not have a ticket for the children, they will be denied admittance - which means at least one parent won't be able to attend, either.)

It should be noted that most of the Festival special events and seminars are not particularly suitable for children. They are geared for adults. The preliminary stuff put out by Disney seems to indicate that they will be instituting some "family friendly" things, at least around the World Showcase.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #102
ars0525
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the menus for the food booths to come out so I can start planning! It will be me & Mom's 4th trip, Dad's 1st.

Counting down to Nov 4th at 11am when I can get to the 1st booth.
Got my AP so visit whenever I can!

There's no crying at Disney
ars0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #103
gatrbait
FL GAL

Pretty Darn Excited!

Girls trip with my best friend Julie the 3rd week in October...Her first F&W whoohoo...I get to corrupt her!!!
Wish we could speed time up a little!
M

A trip here a trip there ya never know when I might decide to stay
Annual passholder since 92
gatrbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #104
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrbait View Post
Girls trip with my best friend Julie the 3rd week in October...Her first F&W whoohoo...I get to corrupt her!!!
Wish we could speed time up a little!
M
Sounds like fun!!!!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #105
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Going for my third F&W celebration Oct 27 - Nov 1. Then going on a 3 day cruise on the Dream. I can't wait for the schedule of events to come out!

Glad to be part of the thread and look forward to following along.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: