Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #2716
calismic
Mouseketeer

We just checked in! We have been assigned a refurbed bunk bed room. Pics to come. I love the 'lounge.'. So nice Looking out at the lobby! I don't think my daughters going to want to leave the crayons =)

Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #2717
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJanice View Post
I don't want to bring my laptop, but we'll have my son's Ipod Touch, so I may now that there's wi-fi.

Which brings me to another question--is there a charging dock thing in the room for Ipods?
Last March, the DVC Villas did not have a radio with an Iphone charging doc I don't know why, if maybe they are not replacing them once they brake or disappear. I would take a charger just in case.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #2718
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
We just checked in! We have been assigned a refurbed bunk bed room. Pics to come. I love the 'lounge.'. So nice Looking out at the lobby! I don't think my daughters going to want to leave the crayons =)
Yay!!! Can't wait for pics!!! Enjoy your vacation!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #2719
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for being at Disney! Yay for being at the WL ! And super yay on the refueled room!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #2720
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Enjoy!

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #2721
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We'll be checking in NEXT month!!!!

So Kook, if I understanding that map correctly, the CL rooms are sort of "clustered" around the courtyard????
CL rooms have WL courtyard view, VWL courtyard views and Woods views. The CL rooms just don't extend out past about Roaring Fork like floors 1-6 do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuehl View Post
Hi I have read lots of conflicting opinions on online check in I am staying at WL on June 13-15 with my family currently our reservation is a woods view bunkbed i of course would love a rehabbed room it's our first time staying there and want to have a great experience so should I online register or wait till I get there? Appreciate any advice!
Whatever you do, make sure that your request for a rehabbed room is in your reservation now. You won't be able to add room requests to OCI. For your dates, a rehabbed room would be in the North Wing (with bunks).

Doing OCI will NOT void or erase your room request as long as it's in your reservation, the room assignor will see it. When you check-in, ask if you are in a rehabbed room and if you aren't, ask if there might be one available.
Quote:
That's terrific and thank you for checking-in with us. We're so happy for you. Enjoy your cobbler and amazing views tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Last March, the DVC Villas did not have a radio with an Iphone charging doc I don't know why, if maybe they are not replacing them once they brake or disappear. I would take a charger just in case.
That's interesting. Thank you for posting that information.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #2722
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Whatever you do, make sure that your request for a rehabbed room is in your reservation now. You won't be able to add room requests to OCI. For your dates, a rehabbed room would be in the North Wing (with bunks).

Hi, I've been reading this thread this week to learn more about staying at the WL for a possible August 2013 trip. So far I'm just on page 32. I'm already familiar with the lodge itself as Artist Point is one of our two favorite WDW restaurants (Flying Fish is the other). You're so right about the WL decorations at Christmas. I keep an 8x10 of my DH and I taken by a Photo Pass photographer in front of their main Christmas tree during our December 2010 trip framed & displayed on a table in our bedroom.

Thanks for organizing this thread and for the great information that is kept current on page 1. Are all of the rooms in the North Wing now rehabbed or just certain floors or areas?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #2723
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Hi, I've been reading this thread this week to learn more about staying at the WL for a possible August 2013 trip. So far I'm just on page 32. I'm already familiar with the lodge itself as Artist Point is one of our two favorite WDW restaurants (Flying Fish is the other). You're so right about the WL decorations at Christmas. I keep an 8x10 of my DH and I taken by a Photo Pass photographer in front of their main Christmas tree during our December 2010 trip framed & displayed on a table in our bedroom.

Thanks for organizing this thread and for the great information that is kept current on page 1. Are all of the rooms in the North Wing now rehabbed or just certain floors or areas?
You're welcome and to the thread, Kathy Z! We were also at WL (and CR) during Christmas 2010, maybe our paths crossed. Currently, floor 5 is being rehabbed. Floors 6 and 7 (CL) have been rehabbed in the North Wing.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #2724
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Does the WL have cabana rentals at the pool? I don't think they do, but maybe with this refurb, that may be something they're going to add.....????

Also, will all the club level rooms be rehabbed by August 4th?

Thank you!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2725
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Does the WL have cabana rentals at the pool? I don't think they do, but maybe with this refurb, that may be something they're going to add.....????

Also, will all the club level rooms be rehabbed by August 4th?

Thank you!
You're right, as of now, only the monorail resorts have cabana rentals, scanne. The South Wing's 7th floor is slated to be completed July 27th, so they should be working on the 6th floor August 4th. I hope you have a great stay at the OFC and POR. Are you in a Royal Room?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #2726
markuehl
Mouseketeer

Thank you but how do I add it before olc just call a friend who works for disney Booked for us with her discount can I still change it?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #2727
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

We are 73 days away from our first CL stay and I'm growing more and more excited by the minute! We booked this stay after our 180 mark so no email for our requests I would like to put in a request for a room with a fireworks view. Do these exist on the CL floor? Any specific room numbers I should hope for?
We are also staying in a deluxe room in December. Do any of these rooms have a view of fireworks? If so any specific room/floor I should add to my request? I just received my request form for our Dec trip and want to put as much info on it as I can
I was going to request Hoop De Doo but read the dinner show is unavailable I hope that changes but I'm not holding out much hope!

And last question, the north wing is the side facing MK right? Thanks so much guys! I have said before and will say it again, this is such a friendly and incredibly helpful thread!

Last edited by mommadjones; 06-02-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #2728
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Would LOVE Cabanas at WL!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #2729
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEye View Post
In this case, north is North. The north wing is the one on the top of the page and the MK is above that (think above the page).
Thanks, GatorEye, I appreciate the info!

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 06-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #2730
WDWKOOK

Villas of Ft. Wilderness?

Since we're neighbors with Ft. Wilderness - HOWDY, neighbor, I thought I should post the link to the latest information (from April) on the possible Ft. Wilderness DVC construction. While the construction hasn't begun yet, as it has on the GF DVC, Disney re-filed (they originally filed in 2010/11) the paperwork necessary to build a construction staging area. The first link includes a 2011 blueprint/plan. From this plan, it seems the Tri-Circle-D Ranch buildings will have to be relocated and the shoreline near the marina could be re-shaped to include a parking lot.

If you read the FW DVC speculation in the links below, you might want to keep in mind this comment that appears in the second link:

Re: Some movement on Fort Wilderness project -- wdrl
Wednesday, 04 April 2012 19:08

I'm a little skeptical whether the activity at Fort Wilderness signals the start of a DVC resort project. In October 2010, when Disney filed paperwork entitled East Parcel Development Project (EPDP) with the South Florida Water Management District, it was to move the stables, blacksmith operations, and some other structures from the north end of the FTW complex to the south end. This places these items closer to the main road, giving Disney easier and more direct access to the stables. Superficially, relocating these operations to the south end of FTW makes sense; it doesn't necessarily mean that they were pushed out of their current locations because of a DVC project.

Also in 2010, Disney expanded its facilities at the STOLport location, which houses several construction trailers. The original EPDP included permit requests for expanding STOLport, and so, too, did Project 2011-1, which we now know is the Villas at Grand Floridian project. The only permits that were recently filed -- at least those that are available on the SFWMD public website -- involve an expansion of the STOLport complex. By itself, it doesn't mean that Disney plans to build a DVC resort at FTW.

http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/...truction-soon/

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...erness-project
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: