Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #271
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciamek View Post
sorry if this has been asked/answered - I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how the childrens credits work at places without a kids menu. If my daughter wants a corn dog from Caseys in MK (I think this is the only place with corndogs) - will it make us short an adult credit later?
You will be fine, so long as there is no kids menu at the restaurant, there are no worries about the wrong credit being taken.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #272
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
You have meal credits on the Deluxe plan. There is no distinction between CS or TS, so they will never use an adult TS credit for a child's meal.

Just make sure that you order kids meals when they are available, and you'll be fine.
I do understand that part. But I am not clear on what happens to the meal credits if we take the kids to a place where there is no child's menu. So they get something from the regular menu (counter service) and then we tell the cashier this is for a kid? Please use a kid credit. I don't mind spending the kids credits on counter service food, but I most likely would not want to spend an adult deluxe credit for a counter service meal. And as we are having date nights, there will be some times that we just need to feed the kids and cs is perfect. I am the only adult that is managing any of this so I need to be able to provide specific directions and tell the rest of the adults how to check the receipt to make sure it was charged correctly.

Thanks for your help
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #273
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

If you are the only person managing a group of people,you may want to head over to The Creative Community to check them out. There are a few posters there that have designed punch cards, which will help everyone track their credits, and save you a lot of headache on the receipts. (I am sorry, but I can't find the direct link for you right now, however, I do know that there is a thread about just punch cards)

Beyond that, unfortunately, it is what it is. When you use a kids credit at a restaurant that doesn't have a kids menu, they pull a kids credit. It's automatic and you don't need to worry about it.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #274
tink20
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pics of the mac n cheese and the turkey sandwich, that are on the kids menu. Is the mac n cheese, Kraft? Did your children like both?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #275
DCDisney
On my way...

The Mac and cheese is not Kraft. It's more mushy and goopy say my kids. My kids don't like the WDW Mac and cheese but like Kraft and any type of homemade Mac and cheese. If you go to Chefs de France they have kind of a penne with white cheese sauce that my kids hated they really aren't picky eaters either. The only other thing they rejected at wdw was the kids pizza. They'll even eat school pizza over that . The kids grilled chicken, fish, and steak they always liked the most of the kids offerings.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #276
tink20
DIS Veteran

thanks for the reviews, the mac n cheese doesn't sound that great. Guess we'll skip that.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #277
Sencybil
What next?

Question Another q on upgrading a child to adult plan

Thank you for all the information already posted here, its been incredibly helpful.

I would like to ‘upgrade’ my dd to an adult plan by saying she is 10 – although she will only be 6 when we are there (free DP deal offered here in the UK, so it is just the cost of the ticket, and although I realise we will ‘loose out’ on buffets and fixed price -ie paying for an adult plan when she’ll eat the same as she would on a child’s plan - overall I think it will be worth it for us. Its not about the volume of food, its about the menu choices).

Is that OFFICIALLY Ok? I mean I can understand a 9 year old boy doesn’t look much different to a 10 yr old, so its not obvious what you’ve done – but a 6 yr old, there’s a big difference. I guess my question is, is what I want to do accepted by Disney, or is it breaking / bending the rules and could we be challenged on it?

Also, at TS there may be occasions when dd doesn’t want a full adult portion. Our card will say 3 adults, will it be allowed to order 2 adult entree on the DP and order say an appetiser for dd and pay OOP for that (saving her TS credit for another time when she’s properly hungry)? We’re planning to be there for 2 weeks, there’ll likely be times when we’re not all together and can use up these odd saved credits, and also we’re planning on doing a few places that need 2 TS credits.

Seems like I’m splitting hairs here, but I’m only considering staying on site because of the free DP, otherwise I couldn’t justify blowing so much of our annual budget even though I know the experience will be great. I feel have to be sure of what I’m doing to make the decision, and equally don’t want the anxiety if this isn’t completely an acceptable thing to do.

Thank you so much for any responses,

Sencybil
Sencybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #278
DCDisney
On my way...

Yes they have been allowing people to upgrade kids to adults for the ddp but you also have to pay for the adult park ticket to go with it. 99% of the time they will be fine with you ordering 2 adult meals on the ddp and ordering anything you want for her OOP whether it's an app or a kids meal.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #279
Velove
The Kids Outnumber Us

DDP with Small Eaters

We're in the To Dine/Not To Dine negotiation right now. The last time we visited the parks, we had 2 children and a 2-year-old. It was great. Now, we have 2 Juniors and 2 Children. Yowzers, is our DDP expensive!

The trouble is, all 4 of our kids are very small eaters. We could easily split 3 adult meals for our entire family. Our kids could share 2 children's meals between the 4 of them. Also, they're very picky eaters. The 2 oldest would never eat off the adult menu and will likely order off the children's menu anyway.

I am so very tempted to state that my 11-year-old is a child. I know it's wrong, but it's oh-so tempting! I wish that was an option for Juniors!!!

DH, She, & 4 Kiddies
(Notice how I am the only one who can sit still.)

Velove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #280
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The "Junior" designation applies only to the resort room - it doesn't apply to tickets or dining at all.

Obviously the DIS is not going to encourage downsizing your child's age to pay less. If you've stayed there before, they probably have your child's age in the computer anyway.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #281
Velove
The Kids Outnumber Us

Right, I know that. I'm just venting that we would have soooo much food leftover after our meals. I could never lie about it; I'm just tempted. Wish we could get the cost of this trip down a few grand!

DH, She, & 4 Kiddies
(Notice how I am the only one who can sit still.)

Velove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #282
GFmom
Earning My Ears

Not the usual suspects

I think my kiddos will get tired of the same old things- Even the sit down restaurants serve the same as the CS- Can you all give me CS restaurants that have options other than Mac and Cheese, Burger, Pizza and Nuggets?
GFmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #283
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Resort food courts have great variety. Make your own pasta's, taco stuff, depending on the resort, other stuff. There are great sandwich options around, as well. Look at the menus on allears, you'll see plenty. Ribs, 1/2 chickens at Cosmic Rays, or Flame Tree. Sunshine Seasons. QS in Epcot Japan, sandwiches at Epcot France, etc., -- One just needs to look at the menus and do a little research. It's pretty easy to do using allears menus.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #284
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velove View Post
We're in the To Dine/Not To Dine negotiation right now. The last time we visited the parks, we had 2 children and a 2-year-old. It was great. Now, we have 2 Juniors and 2 Children. Yowzers, is our DDP expensive!

The trouble is, all 4 of our kids are very small eaters. We could easily split 3 adult meals for our entire family. Our kids could share 2 children's meals between the 4 of them. Also, they're very picky eaters. The 2 oldest would never eat off the adult menu and will likely order off the children's menu anyway.

I am so very tempted to state that my 11-year-old is a child. I know it's wrong, but it's oh-so tempting! I wish that was an option for Juniors!!!
My sugestion would be do exactly as you stated, no not change the age of your child, but rather share meals. Do not get the dining plan and pay out of pocket. That way you can order 3 adult meals for your family or allow the 4 kids to share 2 kid meals. You will most likley spend less money paying out of pocket then if paying for the dining plan and you wont have wasted food.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #285
apackett
Earning My Ears

Ok, I'm a little slow

I've been to Disney over 10 times, and this is the first time taking advantage of the DDP. It's free for us this time, yahoo!!! I have a 3 year old who is a seriously picky eater. I guess chicken nuggets for him everyday, holy.

Anyway, as for him being on the kids' menu, I'm a little confused if he gets a dessert, too, or is that already a part of the "nugget, carrots, grapes, juice/milk, yogurt" thing??

I'm being a little insane and OCD (as my DH would say) by planning out our meals already and putting it on an index card so he can have this list ready and our KTTW ready while I have the kids seated (I have a 1 year old also).
apackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: