Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #196
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Where you in one of the DVC rooms a regular room at the Beach club, I know it shouldn't make a difference , but I think if people are staying on points housekeeping only comes in every 4 days to clean the room and the other three they only take out the trash and change any towels that are not on the rack. It almost sounds like they need to power wash the balconies and the furniture like they do on DCL. I know on the Trans Atlantic where I had a balcony I received a letter in my stateroom one day with my navigator saying that they would be cleaning the balconies on the side of the ship I was on and to not leave any personal items out there it also said that they did not need to access my stateroom to do this.

We were in a regular BC room. So we had housekeeping everyday. Just not good housekeeping.

They do need to power wash the balconies! Bad!! I've seen them power washing the walkways at the moderates during the day before.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #197
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

yuck..sticky stuff is so gross.

2 free nights at the poly could be nice though

We have had issues and complained while on property. You always get more satisfaction when you complain while you are there. We got a nights worth of points back from staying in the treehouses because we had a tv issue on the day of an eagles playoff game.. Maintenance was in our room the entire day before my husband told them what to do to fix the tv We've had ceiling tiles fall down during the night while at the poly when I went with my sis. Not only did they comp some nights, but they moved us into a lagoon room
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #198
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
yuck..sticky stuff is so gross.

2 free nights at the poly could be nice though

We have had issues and complained while on property. You always get more satisfaction when you complain while you are there. We got a nights worth of points back from staying in the treehouses because we had a tv issue on the day of an eagles playoff game.. Maintenance was in our room the entire day before my husband told them what to do to fix the tv We've had ceiling tiles fall down during the night while at the poly when I went with my sis. Not only did they comp some nights, but they moved us into a lagoon room

Wow you have had some pretty crappy things happen.

I just didn't think that WDW would comp any nights. So I was surprised. But happy. Although I wish they would have just taken care of things or moved us when we asked.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #199
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

$900 to switch from a deluxe to a deluxe...WHAT!???
That is ridiculous!!!
I'm really glad they replied to your email and even called!!! WOW
That's great that you got 2 free nights... POLY here you come LOL
It really does pay to complain.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #200
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
$900 to switch from a deluxe to a deluxe...WHAT!???
That is ridiculous!!!
I'm really glad they replied to your email and even called!!! WOW
That's great that you got 2 free nights... POLY here you come LOL
It really does pay to complain.

I know. That was crazy. They were saying something like we booked the BC with a pin code/discount and the Poly wasn't included on that discount blah blah blah.....And I understand that. We booked the BC with a 30% general public discount and the Poly was only 20% off. I do remember that! But still, there is no way it was that much of a difference for 3 nights. I think they were going off of rack rate at the Poly. IDK.

Either way, they should have listened to us and realized that we had valid complaints and moved us. But it's over now. And yes, we have those 2 free nights for look forward to in the future.

I just hope they've cleaned that room by now!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #201
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Okay, so moving on....

We had a 5:30 dinner reservation at the Garden Grove at the Swan. We don't do the DDP anymore, so we had been wanting to try out one of the Swan or Dolphin restaurants for awhile.

So we got ready and headed over. It's probably about a 10 minute walk from the BC.

We walked by the YC.

During the week we noticed several 'functions' going on outside the YC/BC. Lots of tables and breakfasts and dinners set up.

There was also some kind of maintenance going on in front of the YC all week.

And we finally made it to the Swan!

Got checked in at the Garden Grove and we were seated in a few minutes. The restaurant wasn't busy at all.

Pretty neat looking place!

And we didn't even know there would be characters there! Their menu on AllEars says characters at breakfast, but nothing about them at dinner time. Pluto & Goofy were there! That was a nice surprise!

Continued in next post.....

Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #202
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

It is a buffet, but they bring salad to your table. DH and I took some, but the kids declined! DH took a few bites of his and said – you are not going to like this, it has bacon! I looked and looked and couldn't find any bacon, so I took a bite and sure enough it was there. But it was a bacon flavored dressing, that's why I couldn't find any bacon. It was gross!

Next it was up to the buffet!

The kids' section first of course. Lots of goodies there!

Then it was onto the adult section. Lots of selection.

Continued in next post.....

Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #203
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

The Garden Grove has different buffets depending on the night of the week. Sunday night was southern barbecue. Everything was very good. Some of my favorites were the BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and the baked mac& cheese!

I had noted DS's birthday on this ADR, but wasn't sure they would do anything special. We were nearing the end of the meal and I was pretty sure they weren't doing anything, but then they were headed towards us with a little dessert tray and Pluto! They all sang Happy Birthday to him and gave him the special dessert tray. He of course didn't like the dessert but he was thrilled for the attention!

I loved his dessert – it was pineapple flavored!

This was the first time we ate at the Garden Grove and we really enjoyed it. It is a very nice place, especially for a buffet. Jodi – if you were ever going to do a buffet I would highly recommend this one for you!! Very neat and clean and not crowded or gross!!

Total Bill: $93.68
Rating: 8 out of 10

Up next: Swan, Dolphin, and the Boardwalk!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #204
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

So glad you liked the Garden Grove...we tried it on our last trip and loved it

We did the Friday night Seafood buffet and it was amazing. They have restaurant.com gift certificates that you can get so we got a 25$ one for 1$. The character interaction is the best on property. We saw goofy, pluto, chip and dale and they saw our girls so many times they even were playing with them at the buffet. The place was empty too. I try to tell everyone about this place because we loved it so much.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #205
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

You know me so well!! I was scrolling thru those pictures thinking- Wow- it's not crowded at all and it looks pretty clean, I might could handle that buffet!

Sorry the salad had bacon flavoring. Good thing your DH took that first bite to warn you b/c you would not have been happy! I don't think I'd like it either b/c it looks like egg on it too... blech.

Other than that-- it all looked really good.

And how cute the Pluto pics were! The one with them all singing happy Birthday to DS13 and DS10 next to him and that face he was making---- he made me laugh out loud! Really loud!!!! Just knowing his personality and then your older son's... that pic was priceless.

What a great update-- I really enjoyed it and now I'm gonna have to look into *maybe* thinking about it for December....
Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #206
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
So glad you liked the Garden Grove...we tried it on our last trip and loved it

We did the Friday night Seafood buffet and it was amazing. They have restaurant.com gift certificates that you can get so we got a 25$ one for 1$. The character interaction is the best on property. We saw goofy, pluto, chip and dale and they saw our girls so many times they even were playing with them at the buffet. The place was empty too. I try to tell everyone about this place because we loved it so much.
I didn't think I knew anyone who had been there!! Glad you enjoyed it too. It really is a little hidden gem.

I bet they would have an amazing seafood buffet. If only I liked seafood!! That is a great deal you got on the gift card!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

You know me so well!! I was scrolling thru those pictures thinking- Wow- it's not crowded at all and it looks pretty clean, I might could handle that buffet!

Sorry the salad had bacon flavoring. Good thing your DH took that first bite to warn you b/c you would not have been happy! I don't think I'd like it either b/c it looks like egg on it too... blech.

Other than that-- it all looked really good.

And how cute the Pluto pics were! The one with them all singing happy Birthday to DS13 and DS10 next to him and that face he was making---- he made me laugh out loud! Really loud!!!! Just knowing his personality and then your older son's... that pic was priceless.

What a great update-- I really enjoyed it and now I'm gonna have to look into *maybe* thinking about it for December....

I think you could totally handle that place. Go early and you might be the only ones there!! We felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Yeah, the salad was nasty. But it was okay since everything else was so good!

I know, isn't that picture hilarious?!!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #207
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Your room at the BC was gross. I cannot believe a deluxe room was that dirty Shelly. Yuck. I also am not a fan of busy pool areas so I wouldn't have enjoyed that either. Too bad.

Garden Grove looks fantastic! I haven't read much about it at all but wow! Nice!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #208
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Your room at the BC was gross. I cannot believe a deluxe room was that dirty Shelly. Yuck. I also am not a fan of busy pool areas so I wouldn't have enjoyed that either. Too bad.

Garden Grove looks fantastic! I haven't read much about it at all but wow! Nice!

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Not sure what happened there or how it got overlooked for so long...

The Garden Grove was great! I'm so glad we tried it!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #209
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Garden Grove looks great! Honestly, I have never even thought to try a meal there. The next time we stay in the Epcot area, I am definitely going to put that on my ADR list! I'm not a huge fan of buffets, but we usually do Chef Mickey's for the kids! However, this buffet looks so much cleaner and less busy!

BTW...I upgraded to CL for our Poly stay! Can't wait!!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #210
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Garden Grove looks great! Honestly, I have never even thought to try a meal there. The next time we stay in the Epcot area, I am definitely going to put that on my ADR list! I'm not a huge fan of buffets, but we usually do Chef Mickey's for the kids! However, this buffet looks so much cleaner and less busy!

BTW...I upgraded to CL for our Poly stay! Can't wait!!

I highly recommend it! It's a much more relaxed character meal than Chef Mickey's. Although I love Chef Mickey's too!

Congrats on the upgrade! That is aweome. You are going to have such a great time!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: