Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #31
Renae De Liz
Lost Girl

I'm doing the waiting game for a Summer Promotion too. I have a package for GCH from the 27th of June to the 3rd of July. They told me that if a deal came out they would apply it, but there'd be a $50 change fee as it's under 30 days. A promotion for my hotel would be a *huge* wallet relief for me!

My guess is, I think they will have something for hotels only, because I noticed that many of the rooms less than a month out are far from sold out, and hotels are a huge money maker for them, so they'll be doing something to sell them. Seems they want to cut down on the crowds (the ticket price increases), so they'll probably not do a package promo that includes tickets, but rather they'll appeal to the people to stay at a Disney hotel that are already planning on attending the parks.

Promo Pixie Dust to all!
Renae De Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #32
Minnie Loves Mickey
We Love Disney!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Soooo, all you best guess experts out there, is it time to start giving up hope of a discount for this summer? Our trip is July 8-14. I'd love to save a few bucks but have a feeling that I need to rework my budget.
I booked a couple days ago for the last week of June with the senior discount with no problem.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #33
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisneyTeach View Post
Hey Jack,
Is the 30% off for seniors all the time? We have rooms at GCH at the end of June. I didn't know they had that kind of discount.
Thanks for any help. I am not liking a full price room right now. We have a 6 night package.

:-) Teresa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
Don't know what dates you are trying to book but we have the senior discount for a June 30th arrival through July 10th. This is my fourth trip using the senior discount in the past 18 months (2 summer and 2 Halloween trips) and never have I been told it was unavailable. However, I do tend to book 5-6 months in advance. Maybe they limit the amount of rooms they offer the senior discount for and because of Cars Land opening all the discounted rooms are taken. If I were you I'd try calling back and see if you can get a different answer from a different CM.

Good Luck!
dsny1mom
Thank you... We will try again today

BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #34
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisneyTeach View Post
Hey Jack,
Is the 30% off for seniors all the time? We have rooms at GCH at the end of June. I didn't know they had that kind of discount.
Thanks for any help. I am not liking a full price room right now. We have a 6 night package.

:-) Teresa
The 30% discount for seniors is always available. We used it in May and at Christmas (yes on Christmas Day even) last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Soooo, all you best guess experts out there, is it time to start giving up hope of a discount for this summer? Our trip is July 8-14. I'd love to save a few bucks but have a feeling that I need to rework my budget.
I don't beliebe in giving up, but I'd be sure to have other reservations. I just don't think DLR is going to need to do discounts this summer. They will be full without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnieGene View Post
We tried to book a room with the senior discount for the end of June and were told it's not available because of the opening of Carsland... I'd love to hear differently!
Tried to book where and how? I'd call back because I've never heard of that before.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #35
Disneyanajc
~It's just a moment...This time will pass~

We have use the senior discount many times...and we have always been able to get the discount for our dates (even holidays). But like anything Disney does, there is always the disclaimer "subject to availability"
The thing I love about the discount is you can book 2 rooms at the discounted price

Off to the World!
Disneyanajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

larina... It was DLH for late June... We called in March and were only able to get the 10%AP discount... We will definitely call again...

BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #37
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
Maybe they limit the amount of rooms they offer the senior discount for and because of Cars Land opening all the discounted rooms are taken.
I was told exactly this from a CM a few weeks ago. On our dates, PPH did not have any standard rooms with the senior discount, but did have theme park view rooms. It worked out -- had we decided to book them -- that with the senior discount the view rooms were slightly cheaper than getting full price standard rooms. (i.e. they had standard rooms available, but did not have any available with the senior discount)

It seems to be a bit like airplane fares, they set aside a certain number of rooms for senior discount and then when they are full, that's it, unless later they decide to mark more rooms as available for senior discount.
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discounts, disneyland, disneyland hotel, room only, summer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: