Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #76
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Ok a Disney dad is going to sneak in and sit in the backrow, hoping he doesn't get noticed or kicked out

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #77
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Get to Jack Sparrow! Get to Jack Sparrow!

Oh, and am I the only person here who actually envies our fellow DISer who recognized you at Starring Rolls? I swear the day I see you in the parks, my family will be heading the other way claiming they don't know me at all!

Love the updated the photo of your trio of boys too. How is it we turn around, and suddenly our kids are all growed up?
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #78
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
we didn't lose it- I have it- I'll give it to you next time I see you!! How's the hubby?

Yea- I know I should write it in word first, but I hate plugging the pics in from PB that way- it's very time consumming, and I like to post pics as i write, not plug them in afterwards. UGH.

YAY! Thanks for joining the craziness!!
I usually post my TR's on 3-4 boards and write them in word...it's easy to put the pics in there. I just write and when I come the where I want to post a picture I copy the IMG code and paste it there. Some versions of word will turn it into a hyper link, so I just go back and right click on the link and "remove hyperlink" before I post it. It's really easy....I lost too many posts in the past and it drove me crazy
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #79
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

[QUOTE=JKSWonder;45022480]
Quote:
That's REALLY funny! She's a silly girl, though- because the detective stuff on the Dream was SO CUTE- I would imagine the Muppet one will be a lot of fun that she's going to miss out on. It really is amazing what Disney can do!

FWIW, in my family of big strong men- when they were 3, they were all TERRIFIED of ALL the 3D movies- we tried for years, and always inevitably have to run out during the movie with one (if not all) of them freaking out and crying! A little too much sensory overload, I guess. The Honey I Shrunk the Audience one was the worst- if I remember correctly, it was YEARS before we could convince Timmy he would not actually be shrunk going into the theatre!

She loves Mickey Philharmagic, so 3D stuff is o.k. with her. I just think she has been holding a grudge against us for the last 8 years because we made her do something she didn't want to do.

She is extremely stubborn and opinionated. I have no idea where she gets that from.
Well...good luck with that! But she really is going to miss out! Is there a second adventure on the Fantasy like there is on the Dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
I always enjoy reading your reports. Good news for us DH and I are going down in Oct for food and wine. Going to be sad without kids though.
SAD WITHOUT THE KIDS?????? Have we taught you nothing????? I think one of our favorite lines on this trip was "Whose idea was it to invite all these kids, anyway?" You'll miss them, you'll see things you know they would enjoy, but they can do that on another visit. THIS one's for you & your DH- all the cool stuff Disney offers that just CAN'T be done with kids in tow. NO GUILT!! JUST FUN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
im sorry all I can think of when i see the title is that bit from saturday night live--but my hunch is that michael bolton wasn't with you...

http:/www.nbc.com/assets/video/widge...frameborder="0
OMG Laura! I couldn't get your link to work, but was able to google it and figure out what you were talking about.

Umm...NO...we did not encounter Michael Bolton on this trip- unless he moonlights on Castaway Cay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Ok a Disney dad is going to sneak in and sit in the backrow, hoping he doesn't get noticed or kicked out
We are definitely not the She-woman man-haters club. Welcome to the estrogen fest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Get to Jack Sparrow! Get to Jack Sparrow!Oh, and am I the only person here who actually envies our fellow DISer who recognized you at Starring Rolls? I swear the day I see you in the parks, my family will be heading the other way claiming they don't know me at all!

Love the updated the photo of your trio of boys too. How is it we turn around, and suddenly our kids are all growed up?
OMG- that made me laugh and laugh! If you want the Captain, you're gonna have to be PATIENT! It's not called a HUNT for NOTHIN!!!

Can't wait til the day you find ME in the parks- is this an event I'll need a bodyguard for, or are you planning a low-impact attack?

And I KNOW about the kids- that pic was from this Easter- I love it, but the thing that's missing is me standing next to them- a good 5 inches shorter than everyone AT LEAST. It does go so fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I usually post my TR's on 3-4 boards and write them in word...it's easy to put the pics in there. I just write and when I come the where I want to post a picture I copy the IMG code and paste it there. Some versions of word will turn it into a hyper link, so I just go back and right click on the link and "remove hyperlink" before I post it. It's really easy....I lost too many posts in the past and it drove me crazy
It does make sense- I was forgetting that I could keep Word open in a half-window- let me see how it goes for my next post-Thanks, Jen!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #80
podsnel

Sanaa

Tonight’s dinner was at Sanaa- should I say, as usual? Since it has opened, I don’t think there has been a trip where we did not have dinner here. We just all enjoy it THAT much- I think that personally, this was my 6th or 7th visit- I have been here more than any other WDW restaurant (unless you count all the yogurt parfaits I used to get at BC Marketplace!). Just LOVE it!
Anyway…Lonnie drove us over, we parked in TIMON, and we made our entrance-

We were just a couple of minutes late, which is pretty good for us, but you always have to wait here, so we went outside to enjoy the animals.

By the way, I forgot to mention that it was HOT while we were on this vacation. Would I say Africa hot? Well…no, not anymore, because the CM who was working outside that day was telling us how CRAZY hot she thought Florida was. Much, MUCH hotter than Africa, unBEARABLY hot, said the CM. Who was, you know, from Africa. We asked her how long she had been at Disney, and her tour had begun in November- she still had her first summer coming up.

Well, good luck with THAT there, sister!

Soon it was time for some yumminess to commence-

We began with the usual- flying lessons! We love to fly the friendly skies!!

That one was mine. Everyone else went with the next one. I would just like to say, that of my 3, that last one- the Missing Virgin- one of the BEST red wines I have had the pleasure of enjoying. I found the missing virgin- and I really, REALLY loved her! So much so, I question her virginity at all at this point! Maybe now she is just Missing Virginity wine instead...

Cont’d next post-

Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #81
podsnel

SANAA cont'd

We ALWAYS begin with the bread service- and we ALWAYS order it for 4, so we can get all the dips. There were some new ones on the plate, and we loved them ALL- very hard to choose which we like best. Looking at the current menu, it may have even changed again, because I don't recognize the new one on the bottom as fitting with any menu I can find online- it was coconut something, and it was great.

About halfway through the service, I realized that I had forgotten to ask for no pappadum. Not that there’s anything wrong with pappadum, but when you can have paneer paratha & onion kulcha ( even Naan which is yummy but kind of ordinary next to the other two), why on God’s green earth would you want to try a dry brittle cracker (which is what that pappadum is) with your dips? Well, it was ok that I had forgotten to mention it, because our AWESOME server thinks like I do and left that pappadum off the plates.
Next , there was a parade- I LOVE a parade!!

Click to play-

We were served our salad samplers- and since we like to sample everything, we ordered one of each salad, doubling the watermelon one. Here there were also some new ones to try! Salad Sampler

Choice of Three Salads $6.99

Chickpeas with cucumber and tomato
Kachumbar (cucumber)
Watermelon, lime, and radish
Roasted Beets
Bhel Puri

There were also several new choices on the main course menu. Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned

Choice of two served with Basmati Rice or Five-grain pilaf
$18.99

Butter Chicken
Spicy Durban Chicken
Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce
Spicy Durban Shrimp
Beef Short Ribs
Lamb (prepared some other way than what the current menus say)

I tried the Butter chicken, which is basically the same as the old Red Curry Chicken but with cream added. They have also gone back to calling it Red Curry Chicken on the current menu). I also had an old favorite, the shrimp in green curry, along with Basmati rice, which is divine.

Someone else had the same shrimp, but also tried the short ribs-

I also know Pam ordered the 5 Grain Pilaf, which tastes like dirt. But she liked it. Never have seen anyone like that before!

I think someone else had the Sustainable Fish which that day was flounder, but I don’t have a pic. We were all enjoying our meal immensely- the only downside of this restaurant (and maybe if we would stop ordering every sampler known to man at our table it wouldn’t be an issue) is the size of the actual table- it is VERY VERY hard to fit all the food & wine on the table in their special holders! I wish the food imagineers would have a pow wow with the plate imagineers and the table imagineers when they plan these restaurants! SHEESH!

Digging in- tired but happy-

We were all WAAAAAAY too full for dessert, but we were treated to this anyway-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Mint Sorbet $5.99

We all had a bite, it was yummy!

We rolled out of Sanaa, and were fading fast- but still wanted to check out Kidani, and Jambo, before hopping over to Epcot. But would we make it? Next!

Last edited by podsnel; 05-30-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #82
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

You can't name a wine that and not make rude comments but as this is a family board I will refrain from being a teenage boy. But what a name for a wine. Lol

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #83
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I want to become a teenage boy to oand say some things about that wine...but I'll refrain. I have never been thre, but it does look interesting. Maybe another one on the to do list.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #84
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh how I miss wine right now. I may have to make the hubby go out and find that Missing Virgin wine for my first glass after I have this baby.

Also had to find out more about it (Hey, I'm bored, nothing going on at work right now so nothing better to do):

MISSING VIRGIN 2008

The name refers to a printing error on a Virgin Island stamp. The virgin figure was omitted from the stamp, hence the nick-name, ?Missing Virgin?. St. Ursula was a virgin martyr who lived between the third and fifth centuries A.D. She was born in Britain, avoided marriage to a pagan king and is believed to have been slain for her faith with 10,000 virgin companions at Cologne, Germany. Christopher Columbus named the Virgin Islands in her honor.

A red blend of Pinotage and Petit Verdot grapes resulting in a wine which has an intensely blueish colour. A scrumptious full bodied rich wine with supple soft tannins. A hint of blueberries,fruit cake and wild heath on the nose. Enjoy with spicy dishes, light curry and beef roasts. Enjoy now or keep for up to 8 years

Alcohol 15.0% vol. Maturation potential 8 years
Extract 30.7 g/l Skin contact Pinotage 6 days
Residual sugar 3.2 g/l Total SO2 55 mg/l
Total acid 5.6 1g/l
PH 3.57

Last edited by luvslikepi; 05-30-2012 at 01:07 PM.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #85
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

[QUOTE=podsnel;45029183]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post

Well...good luck with that! But she really is going to miss out! Is there a second adventure on the Fantasy like there is on the Dream?
I'm not sure, but I think there is at least two options you can do and I think one is Muppet-less. I'm still doing the Muppet one, but if she wants to try it (and she probably will....she loves that Kim Possible thing), then I will do it twice if needed.

Quote:

That one was mine. Everyone else went with the next one. I would just like to say, that of my 3, that last one- the Missing Virgin- one of the BEST red wines I have had the pleasure of enjoying. I found the missing virgin- and I really, REALLY loved her! So much so, I question her virginity at all at this point! Maybe now she is just Missing Virginity wine instead...

Yay wine flight! Love it!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #86
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
You can't name a wine that and not make rude comments but as this is a family board I will refrain from being a teenage boy. But what a name for a wine. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I want to become a teenage boy to oand say some things about that wine...but I'll refrain. I have never been thre, but it does look interesting. Maybe another one on the to do list.
Seriously- it was very hard to write that, there were a million things I could think of to say that were NOT DIS-appropriate. Seems there's a little teenage boy lurking in all of us.

Ok- now I just thought of 20 more things to say!

But still keepin it CLEAN on the DIS, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Oh how I miss wine right now. I may have to make the hubby go out and find that Missing Virgin wine for my first glass after I have this baby.

Also had to find out more about it (Hey, I'm bored, nothing going on at work right now so nothing better to do):

MISSING VIRGIN 2008

The name refers to a printing error on a Virgin Island stamp. The virgin figure was omitted from the stamp, hence the nick-name, ?Missing Virgin?. St. Ursula was a virgin martyr who lived between the third and fifth centuries A.D. She was born in Britain, avoided marriage to a pagan king and is believed to have been slain for her faith with 10,000 virgin companions at Cologne, Germany. Christopher Columbus named the Virgin Islands in her honor.

A red blend of Pinotage and Petit Verdot grapes resulting in a wine which has an intensely blueish colour. A scrumptious full bodied rich wine with supple soft tannins. A hint of blueberries,fruit cake and wild heath on the nose. Enjoy with spicy dishes, light curry and beef roasts. Enjoy now or keep for up to 8 years

Alcohol 15.0% vol. Maturation potential 8 years
Extract 30.7 g/l Skin contact Pinotage 6 days
Residual sugar 3.2 g/l Total SO2 55 mg/l
Total acid 5.6 1g/l
PH 3.57
WOW!!! That's some AWESOME backround!! Knocked the teenage boy right outta me and has me on the hunt for some Missing Virgins online.

OOPS. The teenage boy just came back to me.

[QUOTE=JKSWonder;45033189]
Quote:

I'm not sure, but I think there is at least two options you can do and I think one is Muppet-less. I'm still doing the Muppet one, but if she wants to try it (and she probably will....she loves that Kim Possible thing), then I will do it twice if needed.

Yay wine flight! Love it!
If she loves Kim Possible, she will go CRAZY for this- it's really fascinating.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #87
Beth D
DIS Veteran

OK, 6 pages in before i get here? Gotta keep up more! I'm going back to read now!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #88
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love the update and the wine ........ comments!

The video is fun, I had forgotten there was a parade in the restaurant and while on photobucket I had a peek at some more of the videos.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #89
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Hey ladies! Ellen steered me your way (hi Ellen! ) and I'm excited to read about another DISmom's adventure! Great start so far.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #90
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

That food looks great So much so that I have added that restaurant to the list for our 2013.2014 Nye land and sea adventure.

Dont worry about all the exta estrogen ...in my house its me..my wife..my oldest daughter 20 ..youngest daughter18 and 2 poodles...one of which is female. I am estrogen proofed through exposure. .

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: