Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #2191
aggordon2
Mouseketeer

88 more days till we arrive!! Can't wait!!

DIS Dad's Club Member #576

Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #2192
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! No, I haven't booked yet. I should have been more clear about that. What should I book, plus what should I request.

Last edited by MandyTG; 05-30-2012 at 11:33 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #2193
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I just read in a guide book that it takes 30 to 40 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom from CS, but I know I read somewhere else that it only took 20 minutes!!! Some tell me what's closer to the truth?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #2194
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
I just read in a guide book that it takes 30 to 40 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom from CS, but I know I read somewhere else that it only took 20 minutes!!! Some tell me what's closer to the truth?
We have always rented a car when we stayed at the CSR (or any Disney resort for that matter). However, when I was running this thread, I decided I needed to take the bus at least once to see how they ran, the timing, etc. We got on at Bus Stop 1 (the last one picked up) at 5 p.m. at night and we were at the Magic Kingdom in exactly ten minutes. Now, I suppose if there is traffic, it could take an extra 5 minutes, but there is no way that it is 30-40 minutes.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2195
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Just wanted to add my experiences regarding servers at the Pepper Market. Last fall
dh and I had a young fellow who basically ignored us after bringing our drinks, and he
got NO additional tip. Recently though, my friend and I got Mavelis for our breakfast
server, and she was very attentive and friendly. Our lunch server was Analia, and she
was an absolute delight! She took such good care of us, and wanted us to return and
ask for "the little one from Argentina". She and Mavelis got very good tips!
I'm hoping they will both still be there when I return in September.
And I think it needs to be pointed out again that the Pepper Market is NOT owned by Disney but an outside vendor and they may, in fact, hire their own help. However, this is NOT an excuse for rude service.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #2196
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Thanks for the info! No, I haven't booked yet. I should have been more clear about that. What should I book, plus what should I request.
You should book waterview king, either preferred or standard (your choice). The fountains are in the casitas - 1,2 and 3 are preferred, 4 and 5 are standard. You can request fountain view, but it is just a request.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #2197
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We have always rented a car when we stayed at the CSR (or any Disney resort for that matter). However, when I was running this thread, I decided I needed to take the bus at least once to see how they ran, the timing, etc. We got on at Bus Stop 1 (the last one picked up) at 5 p.m. at night and we were at the Magic Kingdom in exactly ten minutes. Now, I suppose if there is traffic, it could take an extra 5 minutes, but there is no way that it is 30-40 minutes.
Is the guidebook referencing time it would take to get to the MK using Disney transportation? The actual drive time is 10-15, depending on traffic, but if you just miss a bus, you could have an additional 20 minute wait for the next bus. That would put you in the 30-40 minute window.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #2198
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Once you are on the bus it's a 10-12 min ride. You could wait anywhere from 2-20 mins for the bus, so overall time would be somewhere between 12-32 mins.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #2199
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #2200
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

My DD and DGD are there in 7A Parking lot view and have a car. She said it has to be the farthest away from the QS but not to bad from Dig Site. They don't care as they are there through Sunday and plan on park hopping rope drop to close each day. She says it is beautiful and much more then she expected. Does not like one sink.

I thanked her for sending us the rain. This should be the best 8th grade grad. present anyone could ask for.

Are all family trip in 2013 will be at CBR preferred and she said no way would she stay at CSR for our all family and not stay in a better location then 7A. She still likes POR the best of the Mods but will be able to tell better when she completes all of the Mods next year.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #2201
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!
Have fun!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #2202
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #2203
milleali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We arrive today too!!! DH has us rolling through Jacksonville now! We are so excited!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #2204
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
We arrive today too!!! DH has us rolling through Jacksonville now! We are so excited!
Hope you have a magical time.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #2205
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

A coworker saw the picture of CSR on my pc desktop and said is that at Disney? I said yes, it's Coronado Springs. We are staying there in December. He said he stayed there a few years ago. I asked how it was and he said it was the best hotel he has ever stayed in. Period. I know things can change over time, but I thought that was a pretty good endorsement.

The PM buffet prices include a drink, right? Trying to decide on DDP or not and cant decide if we would buy the refillable mugs OOP anyway.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: