Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #76
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

Thanks Judy, Marv and Liz for you sweet comments about the photos....I am so happy I have scrapped so much of our lives to so we can go back and look at everything

the trip IS coming quickly and we can't wait to see everyone! Liz will be great if you can come up to Charlotte too!


have a hair appt today...getting my hair shorter for summer! megan has early dismissal at 1115, so going out to lunch, run to Joanns for a couple things she needs for a science project and then back to school for conferences....Megan will be showing me everything she's worked on for the year we meet for a quick meeting with teacher and then the kids take over!
then need to finish up a couple swaps and finish watching Hatfields & Mccoys tonight.
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #77
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
the trip IS coming quickly and we can't wait to see everyone! Liz will be great if you can come up to Charlotte too!


have a hair appt today...getting my hair shorter for summer! megan has early dismissal at 1115, so going out to lunch, run to Joanns for a couple things she needs for a science project and then back to school for conferences....Megan will be showing me everything she's worked on for the year we meet for a quick meeting with teacher and then the kids take over!
then need to finish up a couple swaps and finish watching Hatfields & Mccoys tonight.

August will be here before you know it!

Enjoy your lunch out! I did opposite of you. I went shorter when it got cold. I usually let it grow in the summer so I can put it up, but this summer I'm keeping it short. I bet Megan is excited to show you all she's worked on this year!
lovethattink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #78
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
August will be here before you know it!

Enjoy your lunch out! I did opposite of you. I went shorter when it got cold. I usually let it grow in the summer so I can put it up, but this summer I'm keeping it short. I bet Megan is excited to show you all she's worked on this year!
I sure hope so, four more weeks of school, once that's over summer can offically start
just needed a big change, was getting to long and scraggley.
she is very excited to show me her stuff!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #79
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,447

Such a FUN day!!! Have a great time with your little Beauty proud Mama!!
blessedmom4 is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #80
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Thanks Judy, Marv and Liz for you sweet comments about the photos....I am so happy I have scrapped so much of our lives to so we can go back and look at everything

the trip IS coming quickly and we can't wait to see everyone! Liz will be great if you can come up to Charlotte too!


have a hair appt today...getting my hair shorter for summer! megan has early dismissal at 1115, so going out to lunch, run to Joanns for a couple things she needs for a science project and then back to school for conferences....Megan will be showing me everything she's worked on for the year we meet for a quick meeting with teacher and then the kids take over!
then need to finish up a couple swaps and finish watching Hatfields & Mccoys tonight.
Let me guess -- Megan has to dress up as a Scientist and you are buying some fusible hem tape to make the outfit

J/K -- you know I you, Isa!
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #81
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Such a FUN day!!! Have a great time with your little Beauty proud Mama!!
she did great....most of the big items I already had seen at home when she was working on them, still nice to see everything she had picked to share with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Let me guess -- Megan has to dress up as a Scientist and you are buying some fusible hem tape to make the outfit

J/K -- you know I you, Isa!
you are so funny Andrea.....her science project is a plant cell...so cute up some strofoam - man I hate that stuff, little pieces everywhere----and using different parts and pieces to make her cell...no fusible hem tape involved, but do have lots of duc tape

ya too A!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #82
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

here is the final science project:

her "cell" and the info page



close up of "cell"

__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #83
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Love everyone's pictures.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
Um . . . get ready, because we're here! And we're here until August 13th, so I'm hoping I get to see you LOTS!!!!!

Well, as I mentioned above, the boys & Mimi & I arrived in RI at 5:45 tonight. We left Charlotte last night at 11pm and I drove from exit 80 on I-77N in NC until the 1st Cracker Barrel in PA on I-81N. . . which we arrived at about 6:30am. From there my mom & I switched off a lot . . . it just took FOREVER to get here Oh well . . . we're here, and here in time for the big Memorial Day Parade so the boys can ride on the firetruck in the parade with their cousins!!!
I won't go back to Charlotte until the week of our DISMEET!!! We have family and friends coming at all various times to RI this summer, so it just made more sense to be here so we could see everyone (and DH has to work 6 days a week this summer, so we'd never see him even if we were home in CLT).
Got your text too! Sounds like someone went shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Marianne - I am relieved to know you made it to RI. That would be fun to fly into RI to meet you... I wish I could take that much time off of work and sewing... I guess I could bring Patience and hand crank her in the car on the way. Shrug... HOw did the C25K go yesterday? I am anxious to hear all about it.
?
Sounds like a plan



OK.... what is C25K
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #84
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
here is the final science project:

her "cell" and the info page



close up of "cell"

Cool cell! I love the button nucleolus! Very creative! I cut all my styrofoam outside -- by the curb so it blows away from our house! I do cut it inside a bag so as not to totally mess up the environment, but even so those little pieces seem to get everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
OK.... what is C25K
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know! I had to look it up -- it's Couch to 5K in 9 weeks. Apparently a program that starts you walking with small intervals of running and eventually you are supposed to run a 5K I'm not a fan of running so I didn't investigate it any further. Though yesterday I put on a pair of shorts I wore last year and there was no way I could even zip them up Perhaps I should start running! Seriously, I am going to have to make the time to work out and walk again b/c I can't afford new clothes right now. Or maybe I could sew two pairs of my shorts together to make a skirt Sorry, couldn't resist! I promise I am not making fun of you and your sewing and I both the $15 () per pair shorts that lasted a few hours and the skirt and am thrilled you repurposed them in such a cute way.
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #85
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

thanks Michelle!


Andrea...Megan is so happy you knew what the button was she was worried it looked funny, but she loved the button and wanted to use it!



tonight is dance rehearsal and photos afterwards...so happy her studio does it this way, only have to do her hair/makeup twice instead of three times

I am going to post Megan's dance photos from over the years....stay tuned....
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #86
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,726

First of all - I just love the scrapbook! That is just amazing! Look at how adorable little Megan is!!! Sooo sweet!

And her cell project turned out great! Both of my girls had to do the same thing in 7th Grade... I can't honestly remember what Allison did (ACK!!! And it was only last year!), but Victoria made a pillow on her sewing machine, then used a whole bunch of sewing notions for the "parts"... She did get a very good grade on that.

D~
DMGeurts is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #87
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,402

Lisa, I love the memory photos of you, Megan and Jim. Very, very sweet.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now  
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #88
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
First of all - I just love the scrapbook! That is just amazing! Look at how adorable little Megan is!!! Sooo sweet!

And her cell project turned out great! Both of my girls had to do the same thing in 7th Grade... I can't honestly remember what Allison did (ACK!!! And it was only last year!), but Victoria made a pillow on her sewing machine, then used a whole bunch of sewing notions for the "parts"... She did get a very good grade on that.

D~
thanks
she's quite happy with her cellproject...love the pillow idea! a couple of the girls are making "cell" cakes...that sounds pretty tough to me...this was hard enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lisa, I love the memory photos of you, Megan and Jim. Very, very sweet.
thanks Kathy
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #89
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

Here are Megan's dance photos through the years


2002 -(Charlotte) she didn't do recital since we moved just before, but did get the studio photo done...this is by far my favorite



2003 - she took dance but we moved well before recital

2004 - (ThousandOaks CA) - ballet



2005 ( TO CA) ballet



2006 (Modesto CA) tap



2007 (modesto) tap and jazz





2008 (modesto) tap, jazz and ballet







2009 (modesto) different studio - ballet



2010 - she took ballet and jazz, but stopped dancing after Jim died, no recital that year

2011 - (everett) did a theater group dance - so sang and kind of a jazz dance





stay tune for 2012..... doing ballet again, will post the photos I take tonight tomorrow....
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is online now  
Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #90
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,402

Great dance photos!
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: