Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
I'll suggest it and see the response that I get, guessing two will be and and the other one will be saying "your kidding me right?"

I'll spring it on them closer to leaving, with a template made up ready to print onto iron on transfers Bec will do whatever I do at least
just make the shirts and dont tell them.......just give them their shirts the first morning with a set of mickey ears you bought on disney outlet site...they will love you for it....tell them to just pack a spare shirt in their backpacks for when they get to the park if they want to change...bet you they wont ....its amazing how we all turn into 9 yr old girls
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I think it's all of the above It's so many different things. Often I'll hear a snippet of music, or get a sniff of a churro-like smell and it 'almost' takes me back there. Disneyland gets a hold of all of your senses and takes you off to a wonderful world. I think it's mostly that ability to take you out of your everyday life to someplace wonderful, magical and happy

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Very devious!

Doing it that way I'll get Bec and Kiddy on board (after she at me) then Woody will follow whatever Kiddy does so its a plan!!!

Even better our first night in Anaheim is at Disney Paradise Pier already fighting each other for the Disney tolietries can you ring the front desk for extras
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Very devious!

Doing it that way I'll get Bec and Kiddy on board (after she at me) then Woody will follow whatever Kiddy does so its a plan!!!

Even better our first night in Anaheim is at Disney Paradise Pier already fighting each other for the Disney tolietries can you ring the front desk for extras
just say their are 4 women in the room and one set of toiletries....they'll understand

you may even get extras....get your first visit badges when you check in at PP...

had you thought of getting a disney basket delivered to the room, divide the $$ by 4...get one with balloons etc...snacks for the parks...just thinking
Old 05-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #20
marvel
DIS Veteran

THis might sound dumb, but for me it was Happy Days! every since I watched that as a child I wanted to be American, I wanted to go to College etc etc. And Disney was of course part of US culture and always wanted but could never afford to go until I got married, sometime ago now.

We honeymooned in USA, San Fran, Vegas, Disney and Hawaii and the addiction began.

Just thinking about being on Main Street makes me feel happy !!
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
just say their are 4 women in the room and one set of toiletries....they'll understand

you may even get extras....get your first visit badges when you check in at PP...

had you thought of getting a disney basket delivered to the room, divide the $$ by 4...get one with balloons etc...snacks for the parks...just thinking
Fantastic! I'll mention it when we check it and bung on the Aussie accent

I'll look into it for sure, I'm making sure we have snacks for the park and having a locker to store them so we don't waste heaps of money buying food in the parks....gosh talking like this makes me get butterflies, its actually happening

I love you Dis-ers, so thoughtful and helpful to a first timer
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #22
australiankaren

Quote:
Fantastic! I'll mention it when we check it and bung on the Aussie accent

I'll look into it for sure, I'm making sure we have snacks for the park and having a locker to store them so we don't waste heaps of money buying food in the parks....gosh talking like this makes me get butterflies, its actually happening

I love you Dis-ers, so thoughtful and helpful to a first timer
awwwww shucks

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...onsGiftingPage

we just love seeing things thru the newbies eyes.....brings back the magic for us as well..and enthusiasm is catching....

just think of all the things you can talk to your class about

get them all planning your next trip
Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #23
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
THis might sound dumb, but for me it was Happy Days! every since I watched that as a child I wanted to be American, I wanted to go to College etc etc. And Disney was of course part of US culture and always wanted but could never afford to go until I got married, sometime ago now.

We honeymooned in USA, San Fran, Vegas, Disney and Hawaii and the addiction began.

I get it

So does my family

I was utterly amazed when my mum told me she was going to LA and they were only going to do 1 day at Disneyland, "thats enough" she said.
Then the day after she and her friends went back, and are still saying they weren't there long enough.

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #24
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
It's a whole other world. I just love it
What Bec said
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #25
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer

I fear I have caused irreparable harm to my children...

I have infected them with Disneyitis, and we all know there is no known cure don't we?

After our trip to DL in 2009 we took a holiday closer to home the following summer. Every year we spend 2 glorious weeks at Rainbow Bay on the NSW/QLD border, we've been going for almost 10 years now and just love it. Well, the year following our DL trip the girls nagged to go to Dreamworld. After waiting 1/2 hr to go on the Wiggles ride, DD6 turned to me afterwards and says " that was a bit chatty wasn't it?"

On the way back to our apartment DD13 announces that the theme parks in Australia are pathetic and she would rather we just give her the money we would spend on admission! Oh really??

Oh well, at least I have passed on the Disney gene to people who appreciate it.
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #26
craftymama71
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I totally get it! Except for me, it was Bewitched. I have always loved everything America. I wish I could twitch my nose to get me there whenever I wanted to go

Disneyland - October 2008

Disney Sea Tokyo - August 2010

DisneyWorld POFQ - September 2011

Me DH DD 14 Jasper the crazy puppy
craftymama71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #27
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

when we were planning our trip to the usa in nov last year, we each had to pick a location to visit. i was torn between NYC and new orleans... my sis picked wwohp and carlo picked disneyland... i was like, omg really *roll eyes* disneyland is for kids and tourists, and we're here for the kulcha and stuff

i love disney, don't get me wrong, but i didn't understand how magical it could be...

then i ordered the vacation planning dvd (for my little OCD planning tendencies) and we watched it one sunday when we had nothing better to do, and O. M. G. the magic. we cried, we laughed, we held hands and sat with wide-eyed wonder... and that was just for the planning dvd.

when we first walked into disneyland, it was freezing cold, raining and we were soaked to the bone, jet lagged, and had no caffeine in our system, but we still found the magic. and when the sun came out, we dried out and had some food in our system... it was glorious.

when i walked down main st on the 2nd day and a CM was using a swiffer to clean main street, i was like they swiffer the streets!!!!!

and now we are hooked!!! we are going back this year... and in 2013... and in 2014. if i get pregnant, i've threatened to leave the baby with my parents to ensure we don't have to put off our 2013 and 2014 trips

so much delight and wonder and just discovery is in every moment and around every corner at disneyland

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
Tara2004
Mouseketeer

Its gotta be the walk down Main St. The fact that when at WDW you get totally lost in Disney's World. You forget all the troubles in your life and just live in the Magic of it all. You can't beat that. Its an escape from reality and thats ace.

2001 WDW ( POP century )
2013 WDW ( Boardwalk, AKL ) Disneyland Anaheim
2014 Oct, Disneyland Anaheim in the planning
Tara2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #29
OzCath
Mouseketeer

As soon as you walk through those gates the worries of the world are all gone and you are in an amazing magical place! My daughter said to me the other day I wan't to live in the USA. I asked why, she replied "so I can got to disneyland everyday"!
Disneyland/Hojo - March 2011
Disneyland/Hojo - November 2013

Dreaming of our next trip....
OzCath is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: