Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #601
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
And you even get a diploma! (iirc)

Do you still have any questions?

It seemed strange the first time we used SWA, but we use them almost exclusively now, because their flts are so cheap (comparatively) and we use their credit cards and build up points quickly.
I think I get it now, thanks!! We probably won't fly them again, but we did the credit card for the 50000 so it worked great. They don't fly direct to anywhere from here, so normally we wouldn't do it.
So, we don't have to do the cattle call line up until they are starting to board, when they call our group?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #602
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I think I get it now, thanks!! We probably won't fly them again, but we did the credit card for the 50000 so it worked great. They don't fly direct to anywhere from here, so normally we wouldn't do it.
So, we don't have to do the cattle call line up until they are starting to board, when they call our group?
Yes - that's right. You'll print out your boarding pass at home (you said you were doing Early Bird Check-in, right?). It will have your boarding Letter - probably A or B and a number after it... When they call that particular letter/number, you can line up to board.

You'll find that people with higher letters will start lining up before their time - so just make sure you're where you need to be....

Have a great trip!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #603
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Price History

Is there a place to view past flight costs for SW?

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #604
BunBun
Mouseketeer

Would love a SW code for August 15-23 for a family of three. I've been scouring the net, and man, things are crazy expensive this year! I'll also keep my eyes peeled for new discounts to share. Thanks!
BunBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #605
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

I have looked through this thread sporatically, not entirely, and I can't understand what these codes are you guys are talking about. Can someone please explain? We are needing to fly to NY from RDU August 16th, 3 people. If anyone has a code that we could possibly use to save some money we would be so, so grateful!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #606
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv View Post
I have looked through this thread sporatically, not entirely, and I can't understand what these codes are you guys are talking about. Can someone please explain? We are needing to fly to NY from RDU August 16th, 3 people. If anyone has a code that we could possibly use to save some money we would be so, so grateful!
Are you signed up for Ding? Soemtimes they have Ding fares.
We are flying Aug. 11 (RDU-FLL) and back on Aug.19. I managed to get good fares. I've had two adjustments so far. The flight on the 19th is high for the one I'm booked on.

Erika---Where are you going?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #607
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
We are flying Aug. 11 (RDU-FLL) and back on Aug.19. I managed to get good fares. I've had two adjustments so far. The flight on the 19th is high for the one I'm booked on.

Erika---Where are you going?
Hey Elena! We are going to California in June. SF, LA (staying with Randy and Candy) and then DL!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #608
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I am signed up for DING but for some reason everytime I hear the "ding" and try to open it on my desktop computer it tells me an error has occurred. I've even uninstalled and re-installed DING but it doesn't seem to help.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #609
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I am signed up for DING but for some reason everytime I hear the "ding" and try to open it on my desktop computer it tells me an error has occurred. I've even uninstalled and re-installed DING but it doesn't seem to help.
Ding has never worked for me either on 2 computers
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #610
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes I have trouble with it too! Try opening from time to time, sometimes it will show a ding when you do.
Do you have a smartphone? They have an app.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #611
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Hey Elena! We are going to California in June. SF, LA (staying with Randy and Candy) and then DL!
FUN!!! How long are you going for? Let me know if you do a TR! I want to go to DL sometime and SF. Tell Randy and Candy I said, "Hi!"

Sorry for the hijack!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #612
jennwdw
Mouseketeer

Southwest has new dates up!
jennwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #613
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Gee, why am I not shocked that SWA made us wait all this time and then ONLY opened up 8 weeks of booking??
Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #614
ajpa
DIS Veteran

In case anyone missed it upthread, you can still get a $20 discount per RT ticket with Coke Rewards (need 100 pts).

http://www.southwest.com/mycokerewards2012/
2007 Jan - Port Orleans French Quarter
2003 Oct - All Star Music
ajpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #615
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Has anyone taken advantage of the $20 off per R/T flight using my coke rewards? We are trying to get as many codes from coke products as we can but I was just reading about it on SW and this says...

on website...$20 discount valid for one-time use at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com off the total amount of a Wanna Get Away roundtrip fare purchase before taxes and fees.

My question is, can I use the points for $20 off for each member in my family? I think we will have 60 points and there are 3 of us so I am hoping I can us it for each one of us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: