Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
abuzzfanfromaustral
Earning My Ears

Can not decide Nascar or Indy Drive in Orlando

The Walt Disney World Speedway has the Richard Petty Driving Experience and Indy Racing Experience. I am having trouble deciding which one to do.The idea of driving a real Nascar or Indycar around a race track appeals to the little boy that still lives inside my 51 y.o. Brain.The Indy car does have height and weight restrictions all of which i am under.The Nascar has a ride along option that i am looking at for DS18 and DS15 so Nascar has the advantage of all of us being together during the experience rather than the boys at Nascar and Me at the Indy car which is just down from the Nascar..Indy car is a open wheeler race car and they look fast just standing still.So which one should i choose...
abuzzfanfromaustral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzzfanfromaustral View Post
The Walt Disney World Speedway has the Richard Petty Driving Experience and Indy Racing Experience. I am having trouble deciding which one to do.The idea of driving a real Nascar or Indycar around a race track appeals to the little boy that still lives inside my 51 y.o. Brain.The Indy car does have height and weight restrictions all of which i am under.The Nascar has a ride along option that i am looking at for DS18 and DS15 so Nascar has the advantage of all of us being together during the experience rather than the boys at Nascar and Me at the Indy car which is just down from the Nascar..Indy car is a open wheeler race car and they look fast just standing still.So which one should i choose...
I don't know much about Indy but I saw an episode of Top Gear where Richard Hammond was doing circuits at Nascar - it looked pretty exciting stuff!

It would probably nice if you and your boys were together for the day - my oldest DS was given a V8 racing car driving experience for his 21st birthday. My DH went to the track with him and watched and took video and photos of the laps and I think he got almost as much fun doing that as if he'd been in the car himself.

It was nice for my son to talk to his Dad about it afterwards too, knowing that Dad had been watching.

Whatever you choose , It should be great fun for all of you!

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

heres some info and maybe some discounts.....

http://www.mousesavers.com/entertainment.html#indy

thats all i can help you with
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Are they still offering the exotic car experience? I'd do that
Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi - closest we got last year was driving past the track in one of the buses going to AK.the nascars were out and you could hear their very deep sounding engines. For me in the US NASCAR is it...i would do a nascar hot lap anytime. I would also recommend the NASCAR cafe at universal walk as a top way to wrap up a day and they have an exccellent range of merchandise including team shirts. Good luck on your decision.
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
abuzzfanfromaustral
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies,Decided to do the Nascar and DW said she will do the ridealong option,Very suprised by that as normally DW doesnt like going fast in cars but having a pro driver must have helped also DS1 and 2 have been encourageing her.The Mousesaver connection to undercover tourist seems to be cheapest option for the Drive and the Disboard discount cheapest for the ride alongs.Thanks again.
abuzzfanfromaustral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

I think I'd do indy cars! Watched those race up the streets of Surfers Paradise for years and they are SO exciting. I'd love to drive an indy car. Nascar looks too much like our V8 supercars (not that there's anything wrong with them ). But Indy cars just look difference and a more exciting experience to me.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies,Decided to do the Nascar and DW said she will do the ridealong option,Very suprised by that as normally DW doesnt like going fast in cars but having a pro driver must have helped also DS1 and 2 have been encourageing her.The Mousesaver connection to undercover tourist seems to be cheapest option for the Drive and the Disboard discount cheapest for the ride alongs.Thanks again.
Good for you! You will love it for sure
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: