Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #2326
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstorm65 View Post
I would like to join the DDC! I knew this forum was here, but never joined because I wasn't a "dad" yet. My wife and I have just finalized an the adoption of our son though, so I am finally a true "DisDad" to my son Braxton. Thanks
Welcome!

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 05-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #2327
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
No prob Norm. You can always count on me. In fact if you don't show up to work tomorrow I'll cover you then as well.
Excellent. I'll take tomorrow as well. You'll square it with my boss, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
We don't match up on phone upgrades anymore because of me. When I get a phone, I pretty much use it till it's useless, she wants an upgrade as soon as she can. I went a long time with my previous phone, till the battery didn't want to hold the charge anymore. My current one is the most basic I could get. Finally going to get a smartphone now that I can probably justify having one now.

Oh, and I know who's in charge, that's why I'm still here, right?
Regardless of who's in charge, I'm the same way with my phone. I will use it til it dies. If I can get by with a cheap battery replacement, then I will.

Quote:
I would like to join the DDC! I knew this forum was here, but never joined because I wasn't a "dad" yet. My wife and I have just finalized an the adoption of our son though, so I am finally a true "DisDad" to my son Braxton. Thanks
Welcome and congrats on the adoption. Dues are payable in Dole Whips, bacon, beer, or cake. While you wait for a number, tell us about any Disney trips you have taken or plan to take.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #2328
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

Welcome to the Club and congrats on the adoption. There is nothing like seeing your child's face light up at WDW.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #2329
Disneyferris
DIS DAD #558

Quote:
Welcome and a huge congratulations!!!!! Finalization is a great day!!
We call it our kids gotcha day. It is a day to celebrate.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #2330
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:

As Norm said, while we wait for Don to give you your official members number, tell us more about yourself.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #2331
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Regardless of who's in charge, I'm the same way with my phone. I will use it til it dies. If I can get by with a cheap battery replacement, then I will.
I will admit though, I went a little too cheap with my current phone, it's aleady looking banged up after a year or so, compared to the older one which looked great after 6+ years

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #2332
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I will admit though, I went a little too cheap with my current phone, it's aleady looking banged up after a year or so, compared to the older one which looked great after 6+ years
Well, I will spend up to get the item I want, but will keep it forever once I get. I really liked the windows smartphone and did the upgrade and bought a case and plastic screen guard as well. I got the refurbished iPad and I really like it. There are the next generation ones which I am sure are better and have more features, but I will keep this one forever until in costs more to repair than to buy a new one. All 3 of our vehicles now have over 100K on them.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #2333
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
to the DISdad's.. congrats on the new addition.

Oh, and although we call ourselves the DISDad's, we would make an exception for those who share the DISDad spirit. But you are here now...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 05-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2334
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
We got our night at Great Wolf Lodge booked for June 17th, for Audrey's "birthday party". If the weather is nice that day, she really wants to go on the Maid of the Mist too.

Today is our esteemed Assistant Manager's last day of work!! Never before have I seen the store so unified to see someone go. You know it's probably a bad sign when two other long-term employees in the district are going too, and have big retirement parties booked, and posted throughout the stores, ours has a small e-mail mention and a half-assed pot-luck lunch today, an "Image Monday" that is too busy for anyone to attend. .

Any news on movement for me might come by the end of next week, when they should be announcing the transfers. All I really hope is my good friend to get on full-time, she deserves it.
We just booked Seth's birthday party for the last weekend of June (his birthday is mid-July but his school friends won't be as reachable). He's going to have it at Laser Quest.

Good luck on the pending potential promotion.

Member #561
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #2335
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Excellent. I'll take tomorrow as well. You'll square it with my boss, right?

Member #561
Old 05-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #2336
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Good luck on the pending potential promotion.
Oh, no promotion, just a possible lateral transfer to another store. I haven't even put in for a promotion. Not enough seniority.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #2337
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Welcome aboard . Tell us about yourself.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 05-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #2338
cstorm65
DDC #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Welcome aboard . Tell us about yourself.
Thanks for the welcomes from many of you. I'm Jon, and hail from Oklahoma City. My wife and I went on our first official Disney trip last June and loved it. I did a trip report, its in my signature, although I am not near as interesting as most of the other trip reporters on here. We wanted to make a return trip this year, but due to the adoption we have decided to wait and go next Summer when DS is about 15 months old. This is due in part to the fact that the adoption is not 100% final yet. All parental rights have been relinquished, but in Oklahoma there is a mandatory 6 month waiting period so we are still involved in that, but the hard days are over. Also, due to the finances involved in the adoption process we wanted to take some time to get some of that taken care of as well. Finally, DS was born with a cleft lip and so he is having surgery to repair that on July 5, so it is going to be a busy summer with the surgery and that will bring some other expenses as well. So needless to say, by next June we will need some Disney!

By the way, I would post pictures of our son, but I cannot do that per adoption agency regulations until the 6 months is up. I will post at that point.

My wife and I are both in education (I teach Physics and coach football/track & field and my wife is a school counselor) so we can't take a trip except over Christmas break or in the summer. Early June worked very well for us last year though as far as the crowds. That is a good time to go as we still beat a lot of people to DW as we get out of school early in Oklahoma compared to many places. We are planning a big trip for next summer though with some family members as well and we are even planning on staying two nights at Universal so we can see Harry Potter and get front of the line access. Because I have to wait an entire year to go back I definitely need a place to get the Disney fix!

Quote:
to the DISdad's.. congrats on the new addition.

Oh, and although we call ourselves the DISDad's, we would make an exception for those who share the DISDad spirit. But you are here now...
I think I knew it was also for Dad's in sprit, I just never got around to getting on board. I am looking forward to being a part!!

Last edited by cstorm65; 05-29-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #2339
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes from many of you. I'm Jon, and hail from Oklahoma City. My wife and I went on our first official Disney trip last June and loved it. I did a trip report, its in my signature, although I am not near as interesting as most of the other trip reporters on here. We wanted to make a return trip this year, but due to the adoption we have decided to wait and go next Summer when Braxton is about 15 months old.

My wife and I are both in education (I teach Physics and coach football/track & field and my wife is a school counselor) so we can't take a trip except over Christmas break or in the summer. Early June worked very well for us last year though as far as the crowds. That is a good time to go as we still beat a lot of people to DW as we get out of school early in Oklahoma compared to many places. We are planning a big trip for next summer though with some family members as well and we are even planning on staying two nights at Universal so we can see Harry Potter and get front of the line access. Because I have to wait an entire year to go back I definitely need a place to get the Disney fix!
!!
Hello again. We get a Fall Break in October and Spring Break in my children's elementary schools, so we like to go those weeks. They are about 6 months apart, but this will be the first year at WDW during Easter week. Our youngest dd was 15 months when we went the first time with her. We liked th crowd levels when we went in June a few years back, but it certainly was hot.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #2340
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Man is it hot out! Typical Indiana though, we will be back in the 70's by the end of the week.

Got the cruise officially booked need to add another ticker. Might as well update my trip report while I am at it, right Andy??

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, topic

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: