Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #46
linda_loo
Mouseketeer

I'm not ashamed to admit it either! I have some purses, but don't seem to use them often... I do use a big tote for work, a wristlet, and a lot of small organizing-items, like make-up bags. I plan to use a Vera backpack in WDW. I have 2 kids and like to carry water bottles, sunscreen and snacks. I love how light they are, and that I can wash them. Very practical.

I tend to hit their sale section once or twice/year to buy teacher presents and stocking stuffers. Love the little notebooks and changepurses!
January 2002 :: WDW :: Mariott
April 2005 :: WDW :: Dolphin
April 2006 :: WDW :: Dolphin
November 2009 :: Sea World :: Marriott
June 2012 :: WDW :: Coronado Springs Resort
June 2014 :: DLR :: Faboo Rental House
linda_loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #47
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post

While I liked the new prints in the Hipster and other style bags, I didn't like them as much on the Clare but the Very Berry Paisley seemed to work well on it. I was really wanting Happy Snails but no Clares in that print.
I just found the Clare in Happy Snails online at verabradley.com, if you're still interested. I love, love that pattern, I have my large duffel in that color! If all else fails, always visit the online store, they always have a better selection and great sale items!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #48
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
Just bought both patterns last week, actually. I got the Island Blooms in oh, can't think of name of bag - newer bag and very small for everyday.

Then got Limes up in Clare - replacing my park hipster with this. Was torn about which color to get, so well, got a bag in each!

Can't wait to use my new Clare next month! Just seems comfier to wear to me than the hipster, and like that it seems roomier... but am gonna miss the zipped pockets the hipster had!
When in doubt, get both! I love it! I'm glad you say that about Clare, because I also bought it to replace my hipster and was and still am a little doubtful that it can carry as much in the parks. It definitely feels a little bit more comfortable, like it shapes around your body a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_loo View Post

I tend to hit their sale section once or twice/year to buy teacher presents and stocking stuffers. Love the little notebooks and changepurses!
I wish you were one of my student's parents!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #49
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

My VB addiction has just begun in the last month. I just ordered my 3rd bag within a month. My 1st was the Hipster in Limes Up, it's very pretty, love it. The other two have not arrived yet but they are Lizzy in Folkloric and the Mini Hipster in Rhythm and Blues. I couldn't resist the mini once they put them all on sale for $29.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #50
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
DBF bought me VB luggage tags and hanging organizer for Disney, haven't used it yet, waiting to break this in I imagine it will be pretty useful in the room- anyone else have this or any of the makeup bags?

Love this! I use my hanging organizer all the time! It came in handy when we were on our Disney cruise too!
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #51
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
DBF bought me VB luggage tags and hanging organizer for Disney, haven't used it yet, waiting to break this in I imagine it will be pretty useful in the room- anyone else have this or any of the makeup bags?

As a certified Vera Bradley addict yes I do. I have that larger hanging organizer in two different prints. It's perfect for the room and unless I'm doing carry on only, I always carry one with me. I also have the mini hanging organizer and the Essentials Cosmetic organizer that I use if I'm doing carry on only. I also have the Three to Get Ready, the round Travel Cosmetics, Kiss & Make Up in two prints, slim case, three Trip Kits in different colors, clear seashell, Brush & Pencil, the retired Bow cosmetic, clear lotion bag, the retired clear cosmetic pouch in two colors, ten tech cases in different colors, and the small, medium, and large cosmetic bags in multiple colors. I have always had a weakness for cosmetic bags, so have them to match most of my bags.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
As a certified Vera Bradley addict yes I do. I have that larger hanging organizer in two different prints. It's perfect for the room and unless I'm doing carry on only, I always carry one with me. I also have the mini hanging organizer and the Essentials Cosmetic organizer that I use if I'm doing carry on only. I also have the Three to Get Ready, the round Travel Cosmetics, Kiss & Make Up in two prints, slim case, three Trip Kits in different colors, clear seashell, Brush & Pencil, the retired Bow cosmetic, clear lotion bag, the retired clear cosmetic pouch in two colors, ten tech cases in different colors, and the small, medium, and large cosmetic bags in multiple colors. I have always had a weakness for cosmetic bags, so have them to match most of my bags.
wow! I think it's safe to say that you have a whole lot more than I do, I need to come shopping at your house!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #53
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

Saw this on my FB news feed and thought I'd share!

Restyled Weekender coming soon:

http://www.ohmyvera.com/2012/06/fall....html?spref=fb
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #54
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post

Thanks!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 06-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #55
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

great deal!

I was able to use my $20 birthday coupon at Vera Outlet plus a $20 coupon off $75 purchase (which they turned into a 20% coupon, they said it'd be better than the $20). The store was having an extra 20% off everything. I had $118 birthday money on me to my total for my new vera 21" expandable luggage was:

$31.88!!! No joke! I have the receipt!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #56
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
I was able to use my $20 birthday coupon at Vera Outlet plus a $20 coupon off $75 purchase (which they turned into a 20% coupon, they said it'd be better than the $20). The store was having an extra 20% off everything. I had $118 birthday money on me to my total for my new vera 21" expandable luggage was:

$31.88!!! No joke! I have the receipt!
That's an amazing deal

We didn't make it to the outlet in Orlando to use mine, I will have to use it online before the end of the month.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #57
MandM22
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share with a fellow Vera fan...there is a Vera Bradley outlet store at the Orlando Premium Outlets (8200 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821 Phone is 407-238-7787). Happy shopping

MandM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #58
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM22 View Post
Just wanted to share with a fellow Vera fan...there is a Vera Bradley outlet store at the Orlando Premium Outlets (8200 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL 32821 Phone is 407-238-7787). Happy shopping
Do you (or anyone else) know what patterns they have at the outlet right now? Thanks!

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #59
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
Do you (or anyone else) know what patterns they have at the outlet right now? Thanks!
When I was there the first week of May they had all the patterns. They also had a section over in the left hand, back corner that was full of retired patterns on clearance. Plus everything in the store was like 20% off that day (including clearance items). I got the $68.00 angled tote in Simply Violet for like $23.00 and a $30.00 Double ID wristlet in Folkloric for like $14.00. If I hadn't been doing carry on only that trip I could have went wild in there that day. As it was, the friend I was with (who had also done carry on only) was laughing at me, asking how I was going to get the angled tote in my carry on. I told her I'd leave some clothes at WDW if I had to, but the Vera Bradley was getting on that plane somehow. Thank goodness those bags are cloth and fold fairly flat. Oh, they also had those cute VB caculators for like $4.00. I already had one, but for that price picked up a couple for both my daughter in laws.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #60
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

This weekend!!!

Don't forget! This is the weekend for this deal! If I didn't just make a Vera purchase, I would definitely jump on this one.

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: