Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
Didn't even know they had outlet stores, I'll have to check if there are any around me!
check vb website and it should list all of their outlet stores
Hope you find one in your area! Mine's not listed yet, but according to my outlet mall's website vb is coming in june!
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #32
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Has anyone bought either one of these patterns yet? I just want to buy something to have these colors in my collection!

I can't say that I NEED anything, but I really WANT something!
I have the Lime's Up e-reader sleeve. Love it! Such a fun pattern. I also really like the Island Blooms. But the fall colors are cute too...it's too hard to pick just one.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #33
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I just want you all to know that I asked the managment at the outlet sale to please do a Disney pattern in 2008, a cute Hidden Mickey one or one for the Holidays. Of course his answer was that it had to do with the expense of licensing Disney...I told him "you have no idea how popular these bags are with girls in WDW. You would make a killing". "Nah I don't see that happening"....sorry Vera, Dooney got there first and I wanted to say "told ya so".

It was interesting, he said their colorful patterns do very well in the South and west of the MS (at that time, a new budding market) in CA, they like black and darker patterns.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #34
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
For the flights down there I have the 21" rolling duffel in blue rhapsody with a small duffel and a large back pack to match, and several of the small and large duffels in different prints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post
I am so jealous of your BR rolling duffel! My friend bought a 21" suitcase in Make Me Blush for an amazing deal. Ever since she got it, I've been searching high and low for BR luggage. No luck of course. So I keep watching all the luggage that keeps coming out in hopes I'll fall in love with something there.

I bought BR duffels, weekender and hanging organizer last year. But I already had duffels in Mesa Red and made the tough decision to sell them.
I too loved the Blue Rhapsody print as soon as it came out, but didn't want to pay full price for it. I went on ebay and got a mini hipster, Amy purse, wallet, trip kit, all in one wristlet, zip ID case with lanyard, Villager, large packpack, two tech wristlets, Kiss and Makeup, and a small, medium, and large make up bag. Then lo and behold several months later I was just checking on the Vera Bradley site and on their home page they were advertising a big sale on all their luggage. They had the Blue Rhapsody rolling duffel on sale. I looked at that silly bag for several days, trying to talk myself out of it, but just had to have it. The price was just too good to pass up. I then decided that neither the big back pack nor the Villager really hold enough for a personal item for a flight, so went back to ebay and got a really good deal on a small duffel to match it. Every single one of the pieces I got on ebay were new with tags, but I still found great deals on them. I just hate to pay full retail prices, so frequently find what I want on the VB site or else in the store, then go on ebay, where I almost always get them ALOT cheaper. I've noticed though that for some reason the Blue Rhapsody, Poppy Fields, and the Symphony in Hue prints are remaining quite a bit more expensive than alot of the other retired prints on ebay. I had wanted a Blue Rhapsody garment bag, but they were just too expensive. I was able to get a green cupcakes garment bag with a green cupcake small duffel (both brand new with tags), cheaper than I could get just a Blue Rhapsody garment bag by itself. When I find a print I really like, I always go overboard and buy too much in one print. I was the same way with the Blue Mediterranean print and the Raspberry Fizz. lol

I just can't seem to make myself sell my old Vera Bradley's. I have given alot away to my D-I-Ls and grand daughter, but just can't seem to let them go out of the family. lol I really need to though. I've got the small and the large duffels in multiple prints. There is no way I need that many. Most I never use.

Last edited by aubriee; 05-28-2012 at 08:16 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
aubriee

oops, duplicate

Last edited by aubriee; 05-25-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #36
aubriee

Quote:
I read the back of it and it does say it can be used at the Vera Bradley Stores excluding two. It doesn't say anything about outlets, I checked that out. I'm going to take it to the new outlet coming in June here. Worth a shot. If not, I'm sure I can find something online...
Please post if you are able to use it at an outlet store. We're going to WDW Oct 27th-Nov 4th, so will actually be in Orlando on my birthday this year. Hopefully I may get one of those birthday coupons too. When we were at WDW a couple of weeks ago, we ran over to the Premium Outlet on Vineland and stopped off in the VB outlet. I got an angled tote and a wristlet for a very good price. Both were already on sale, plus they were having a 20% off everything in the store, including clearance items. If I hadn't been doing carry on only that trip I could have went crazy in that store. I had met a friend down there and she was laughing asking how I was going to squeeze that angled tote and wristlet in my carry on to get home, since I had already bought several other things. I was thinking I might have to leave some clothes at WDW, but my VB bags were coming back to Texas one way or another. lol I managed to squeeze everything into my carry on though.

Last edited by aubriee; 05-25-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #37
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
I just want you all to know that I asked the managment at the outlet sale to please do a Disney pattern in 2008, a cute Hidden Mickey one or one for the Holidays. Of course his answer was that it had to do with the expense of licensing Disney...I told him "you have no idea how popular these bags are with girls in WDW. You would make a killing". "Nah I don't see that happening"....sorry Vera, Dooney got there first and I wanted to say "told ya so".

It was interesting, he said their colorful patterns do very well in the South and west of the MS (at that time, a new budding market) in CA, they like black and darker patterns.
That would've been perfect! I looked into the Dooney bags too, I thought the crossbody was cute, but $255, no way! I can't ever see myself spending that kind of money for a small bag. That was a mistake on VB's part!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #38
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I have the Lime's Up e-reader sleeve. Love it! Such a fun pattern. I also really like the Island Blooms. But the fall colors are cute too...it's too hard to pick just one.
That's a good idea!

I love the summery colors!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #39
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
I read the back of it and it does say it can be used at the Vera Bradley Stores excluding two. It doesn't say anything about outlets, I checked that out. I'm going to take it to the new outlet coming in June here. Worth a shot. If not, I'm sure I can find something online...
Quote:
If you are talking about the birthday cards, those can be used in signature stores. They actually just started it where you can use it online.
I can't even use it until June, so I will take it to Orlando and try to get to the outlet there.

I was looking at the website yesterday and came upon the Lizzy and decided to go get one for our upcoming Disney trip, it is small and the strap is long enough to go across my large body and it's the pefect size.

I'm not sure if you can see it or not.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #40
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
I have the Sweetheart Shoulder Bag in Island Blooms and I love it, I got it when they had it for $34.99
Old 05-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #41
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

I have always used a Hipster for Disney trips but since getting a new camera, I needed something with a little more room. I ended up getting a Clare in Very Berry Paisley. I am hoping it will work as well as the Hipsters have in the past.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #42
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

same here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
I have always used a Hipster for Disney trips but since getting a new camera, I needed something with a little more room. I ended up getting a Clare in Very Berry Paisley. I am hoping it will work as well as the Hipsters have in the past.
I have also always used the hipster, which I love, but wanted something a little different for this next trip- the one in the OP. The Clare is great and really cute! I hope you enjoy it!

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #43
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

DBF bought me VB luggage tags and hanging organizer for Disney, haven't used it yet, waiting to break this in I imagine it will be pretty useful in the room- anyone else have this or any of the makeup bags?

ME (28) DF (29)
Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #44
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have also always used the hipster, which I love, but wanted something a little different for this next trip- the one in the OP. The Clare is great and really cute! I hope you enjoy it!
I hope so too! I went back and forth over what to get. I actually first bought yet another Hipster because it seemed bigger than the others that I have. But then had second thoughts and returned it. I then was caught between a Saddle Up and the Clare. I wasn't sure if the Saddle Up would be too much space (believe me I would have filled it though LOL).

I had credit to use at a local store so paid less than half for my bag so that was great. I just wished they had more of a selection in colors for the Clare. They had the new prints and then the Very Berry Paisley. While I liked the new prints in the Hipster and other style bags, I didn't like them as much on the Clare but the Very Berry Paisley seemed to work well on it. I was really wanting Happy Snails but no Clares in that print.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #45
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone bought either one of these patterns yet? I just want to buy something to have these colors in my collection!

I can't say that I NEED anything, but I really WANT something!
Just bought both patterns last week, actually. I got the Island Blooms in oh, can't think of name of bag - newer bag and very small for everyday.

Then got Limes up in Clare - replacing my park hipster with this. Was torn about which color to get, so well, got a bag in each!

Can't wait to use my new Clare next month! Just seems comfier to wear to me than the hipster, and like that it seems roomier... but am gonna miss the zipped pockets the hipster had!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: