Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
BobbyRach
Mouseketeer

Dress Standard for Disney Fantasy

Hi,

We are going on the Disney Fantasy in September and have been thinking about how to pack as lightly as possible as I know we will be buying a lot of stuff over there.

I wondered what the dress standard was for meals onboard the cruise, particularly for a 5 year old boy? I know they do have a formal night and we have brought him a suit for that night but on other nights what is acceptable to wear at the restaurants? I understand no beach type wear but does it still have to be quite dressy?

Thanks
BobbyRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

We are also sailing on the Fantasy in September!
When we have sailed on the Magic, dress for dinner has been smart casual. I think that my husband wore jeans and collared shirt and for formal night, suit pants and business shirt. Husband refuses to wear a tie.
We cannot remember if you had to wear a tie and jacket at Palo.
There are guests that really get dressesd up for formal night and also go all out for Pirate night. One guest was known for his Captain Jack Sparrow- fantastic!
He looked better than the Disney guy on Castaway Cay!

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

my understanding is that most nights, jeans/tshirt or pants/shirt is more than acceptable and on formal night, dress pants/dress shirt is fine. i don't think for children they are too strict so it would be whatever you are comfortable with.

i have heard stories (and the DIS cruise line trip report section is very informative here) of some people who do not dress for the pirate night/formal night/semi formal night etc and just wear casual clothing the whole cruise. it is really up to you and your comfort level and what you find acceptable

for us, i plan to wear either dress pants/shirt or jeans/dressy top on regular dining nights, similar to what i would wear to dinner at a restaurant at home. on formal night, i intend to dress up, and carlo has a suit for formal night, but he intends to do the suit/dress shirt but no tie option.

i have heard that palo and remy do have a dress code though, and direct from the website:

At Palo, dress pants and shirt or jacket is required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

At Remy, a dress code is enforced during dinner.
Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Ladies: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse are required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: