Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #1516
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
I just booked CR for our last night for our October trip! So excited! It's our first deluxe! My DH can't understand my fascination with staying there (plus the whole "one night is more than our mortgage" thing. LOL!), but one of my first WDW memories is riding the monorail through the resort and thinking it was the coolest thing ever!
We have a theme park view and will get to watch the Halloween fireworks from our balcony! I'm so excited!
Sounds awesome!! Looks like you have a few trips planned! I'm super jealous!! I am a huge fan of the monorail as well. I've been begging my husband to get me the car window sticker that says "my other vehicle is a monorial"

As far as the "one night is more than our mortgage", I would just reply back "yeah, but the CR is soooo much cooler than our house" (this is the point where my husband would just shake his head and walk away)

Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #1517
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Oh we only have 34 more days until we arrive at BLT/CR. We are super excited. Now we are just waiting for our Mickey Mail.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #1518
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Oh we only have 34 more days until we arrive at BLT/CR. We are super excited. Now we are just waiting for our Mickey Mail.

I have heard several people have been delayed in getting their Mickey Mail. I am still anxiously waiting on mine. If you don't mind, when you do get it, will you post on here? I have called Disney twice now and have kind of gotten the run around. Hope yours arrives soon!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #1519
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
I have heard several people have been delayed in getting their Mickey Mail. I am still anxiously waiting on mine. If you don't mind, when you do get it, will you post on here? I have called Disney twice now and have kind of gotten the run around. Hope yours arrives soon!
Oh no delays in my Mickey Mail In the past it has mostly between 25 to 30 days. Give or take a day. I am sure it will show up any day now.

But this time I am a bit nervous. We have two ressie's. The first two nights we are at the GF before we arrive at BLT/CR. Now my BLT ressie has my correct shipping address so that I am not too worried about. It's my GF ressie. I called to have the dining plan added to the GF. After everything was changed, I went to view my ressie online and they had an old address as my shipping address. Now mind you I haven't lived there in over 20 years and I have never used that address with Disney at any time. So this had me freaking out. I called back and they changed it and they also had tech support remove that address from my info. Well needless to say that it still appears on my ressie on line. They have assured me many times that they have my correct PO Box as my shipping address.

I did check my details on the phone and they do have all the information correct. So with this information, I am so keeping my fingers crossed. The anticipation is killing me right now.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #1520
salann
Mouseketeer

in 6 days we will be checking in!!

I can attest to the delay in MM. We got our travel docs two weeks before our ME docs...and those ME docs JUST came last week! talk about freaking me out
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #1521
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salann View Post

I can attest to the delay in MM. We got our travel docs two weeks before our ME docs...and those ME docs JUST came last week! talk about freaking me out
Oh Yeah, I would be freaking out also. But at least everything arrived in time. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

My DH just came back from the PO and my Mickey Mail was there for our first part of our trip which had a shipping address issue. OMG the luggage tags are awesome 3D ones. Now our BLT/CR Mickey Mail will hopefully be here shortly. I am so super excited.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #1522
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are the opposite. We check into CR in 20 days and we have our ME stuff but nothing from the resort stuff (and no fun luggage tags yet). We are also doing a split stay with BC and have not received anything from that trip either. I called Disney and she said they were printed on May 5th but that if we do not have them next week she will have them redone and left at the resort for us I just want my Mickey Mail!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #1523
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Sounds awesome!! Looks like you have a few trips planned! I'm super jealous!! I am a huge fan of the monorail as well. I've been begging my husband to get me the car window sticker that says "my other vehicle is a monorial"

As far as the "one night is more than our mortgage", I would just reply back "yeah, but the CR is soooo much cooler than our house" (this is the point where my husband would just shake his head and walk away)
LOL! I want one of those "My other car is a doom buggy" stickers, so I need one that says "My other, other car is a monorail!"
My 3 year old's favorite thing is to ride the monorail (or mamorail, as he says), so I'm sure we will spend a large portion of our day riding it around!

We do have a few trips planned. We got annual passes! I'm very excited and so grateful to my hubby. He is so sweet to let us do this, even if he does stress about the money from time to time!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #1524
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Quote:
Woot! Awesome-hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #1525
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just booked CR for our last night for our October trip! So excited! It's our first deluxe! My DH can't understand my fascination with staying there (plus the whole "one night is more than our mortgage" thing. LOL!), but one of my first WDW memories is riding the monorail through the resort and thinking it was the coolest thing ever!
We have a theme park view and will get to watch the Halloween fireworks from our balcony! I'm so excited!
So funny! We just booked CR BLT one bedroom yesterday for hubby, myself and teen daughters for 3 nights during our regular winter break visit to my folks in FL. No way would hubby have gone for that price ( did I mention it was winter break..peak season) except that DD 1 graduates next year and this will probably be our last trip to WDW for a while because no one will have the same vacation breaks. So we are going for it! We usually stay deluxe, but we havent stayed in MR resort since our honeymoon 25 years ago! And I have that same noatalgic feeling about staying there... So we are in!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

For others...I'm not a WDW newbie, but I have no idea what Mickey Mail is? Now, admittedly we stayed at the "park that must not be named" 2 years ago and 2 years before that we stayed in a Ft Wilderness cabin ( another nostalgic trip for us; went with my folks and we always used to camp there as kids!), but no Mickey Mail then...anyone want to enlightenten me? TIA!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #1526
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
LOL! I want one of those "My other car is a doom buggy" stickers, so I need one that says "My other, other car is a monorail!"
Ooh! I want the doombuggy sticker! The Haunted Mansion is my hub's favorite ride! Fourtunately, my parents are going this trip so they can watch the babies in the group and we can ride it!!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 AOA here we come!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #1527
Iluvshoes531
Earning My Ears

We will be at the Contemporary in 30 days and I received our luggage tags three days ago. Hope you all recieve yours soon
Old 05-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #1528
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvshoes531 View Post
We will be at the Contemporary in 30 days and I received our luggage tags three days ago. Hope you all recieve yours soon
That's about right, I was told last week they send them out 40 days prior
Old 05-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #1529
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
For others...I'm not a WDW newbie, but I have no idea what Mickey Mail is? Now, admittedly we stayed at the "park that must not be named" 2 years ago and 2 years before that we stayed in a Ft Wilderness cabin ( another nostalgic trip for us; went with my folks and we always used to camp there as kids!), but no Mickey Mail then...anyone want to enlightenten me? TIA!
Mickey Mail is your hard copy documentation for your trip which Disney normally sends out anywhere from 15-30 days before your trip. It includes really cool luggage tags (3D), vouchers, it tells you what's included like Dining Plan, Park Tickets, Resort. Things of this nature. I like Mickey Mail because it makes your trip a reality now. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 05-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #1530
Jaaaacki
Mouseketeer

Do you still get Mickey mail with a room only? We are doing the yes program so no magic your way for us.

30 days left!

Mylittleappletree on Facebook
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: